What's new

ACT [Steneko Laboratory / すてねこLAB.] DECOY 群青の魔女 (RJ01035443)

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
image-800.jpg

Released: January, 31st, 2024

Links & Stuff

The Gameplay
The core gameplay is basically that of a metroidvania/castelvania-like. The main meat of the game (outside of most of the H) occurs in the rather expansive dungeon that is split up into sections accessible through the main hub city and eventually various shortcuts within the dungeon itself once the wall-breaking tool is unlocked. Various areas of the dungeon can also be accessed through a fast-travel system via the lantern-lit bench rest areas scattered throughout both the city and dungeon; a number of animated pixel H-scenes can also be accessed only while resting on the bench, with it also serving as a save point.

Movement options are relatively limited: you get the usual affair of a dash-dodge and jump, followed up by a high jump and double-jump then finally a "floaty sprint" that extends air-time. The extended movement options are progression locked behind both a boss and H-scene requirement though in my experience you will exceed the H-scene requirements several times over by just viewing them once each as they're unlocked.

In terms of combat, things are rather simple: the PC is armed with a lamp that fires homing orbs of energy as their default attack and up to four special weapons that are unlocked after the relevant bosses are defeated/parts found. Most mobs that are encountered behave relatively straightforwardly with mostly horizontal melee attacks, with a handful having various ranged/AoE attacks. Gimmicky attacks are mostly relegated to being boss-exclusive affairs, one boss per dungeon section. Enemies consist entirely of various mechanical creatures; no combat/game-over scenes are present in this work.

Some RPG elements are present, though sparingly so. It is mostly in weapon upgrades centring around the PC's lamp, which has various stats that can be improved by finding upgrade parts in the dungeon or purchasing them in town. Stats like DMG, RoF, Range, Projectile Speed, and Recharge Rate can be upgraded by equipping the parts in one of four slots. If you want a suggestion, I would suggest upgrading DMG and Projectile Speed over all others. Special weapons can also be upgraded, though only by purchasing the next tier for the weapon in question within the shop.

In regards to the H-content of this title it is separated into three categories: In-game pixel animations, CG-like animated pixel scenes, and LN-like CG scenes. There are roughly 69+ H-scenes encompassing about 12 different characters scattered around the city; the majority of these scenes are of the in-game/CG-like animated variety with about 23 being the LN-like CG scenes. Most scenes are progression/quest locked.

Controls
Arrow Keys: General Movement
Z: Interact / Accept
X: Jump / Cancel
C: Attack
V: Special Attack
Space: Dodge
Esc: Open Menu
A / S: Change page in Menu / Change Special Weapon

Story
The story takes places during a slow apocalypse in progress where the world is slowly sinking below the sea. The PC finds themselves on one of the many islands and gets to know the inhabitants while also exploring the various ruins dotting the area.

このゲームでは、栄えていた文明は海に沈み、
夜は明けない……と、世界中に終末感が漂っています。
しかし、そこに生きるキャラクターたちは決して悲観的になっておらず
生活の糧を得るため遺跡を探索したり、それぞれの仕事をするなどして毎日を生き生きと過ごしていて、どこか牧歌的です。
あなたは、そんな世界のとある島に降り立ち、街や遺跡を探索しながら世界の謎の断片に触れていきます。

I decided to also include my partial save that's around 4/5 of the way through the game if people just want to jump in with most of the exploring done. Extract the entire folder from the zip to "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\LocalLow\すてねこLAB_"

I don't feel like trying to find a new filehost at the moment, but the game can also be found at the usual sites.

EDIT: Replaced the partial save with a complete save.

Attachments

Last edited: