What's new

RPG [SUGAR STAR] Mega Milk Story (Steam)

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Sugar Star is great and it'd be awesome to see more of their games (and joint projects) translated. Any chance to buy it fully outside steam? Perhaps DLsite or Manga Gamer? I won't buy a hentai game on Steam nor want to deal with the hassle of buying the uncensor patch separately.

vilicious69

Reputation score
that ok it was because off the uncensored patch redownload it and it work fine

PassAlong

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Are you guys sure about the "Uncensored" patch. Last time I compared these Steam games with the original Japan games, they managed to cut out some of the contents that even the websites wouldn't tolerate. I found out they cut out the "sisters" scene because of that same issue. While the album has the option to view them, the function is locked.

OP
C

citadel

Reputation score
For this game, we had to cut the sisters scene because it would have been illegal to sell the game. Unfortunately, because of the art style, it's a much more serious situation than with gnomes in Meltys Quest.

I think I will have to consult an attorney, but it may be possible to sell without this censorship if it is through a japanese company such as JAST or Mangagamer.

Sugar Star is great and it'd be awesome to see more of their games (and joint projects) translated. Any chance to buy it fully outside steam? Perhaps DLsite or Manga Gamer? I won't buy a hentai game on Steam nor want to deal with the hassle of buying the uncensor patch separately.
It should be on JAST soon.

darkguy789

Reputation score
You could do what JAST does and have a "unofficial fan" patch to restore the missing scenes back.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
For this game, we had to cut the sisters scene because it would have been illegal to sell the game. Unfortunately, because of the art style, it's a much more serious situation than with gnomes in Meltys Quest.

I think I will have to consult an attorney, but it may be possible to sell without this censorship if it is through a japanese company such as JAST or Mangagamer.

It should be on JAST soon.
Yes, it's perfectly legal to do so. The law applies depending on the country sold, not the country originated from. But yes, you will want it to be listed as an unofficial restore patch because if you release it as official that means you worked on it which is against country laws.

OP
C

citadel

Reputation score
Just spoke with JAST.

We'll be releasing a version on their platform which is fully uncensored in the immediate future. Please look forward to it.

We have some major fixes to roll out in the immediate future (for example, some translated lines were not correctly inserted in to the game, retranslation of some portions of the game, reported bugs etc.) so our release on JAST will wait for that.

Thank you guys for all of your support!

Even though JAST is willing to release that version, I am still too wary to release it on Steam. I think that, if there were to be some loli patch, it would be unofficial and I would have to deny its existence. It's an interesting idea, but a bit silly because of course there is no loli patch.

Deleted member 145472

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you don't mind, here's a link to the old thread for this game( the one based off from the DLsite).
Someone will likely want a more deeper info about the game, though there are spoilers in there so be careful.

zane19

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What was the sisters scene that was cut? Does it have to do with the girls that ask you for the fire and water crystals?

PassAlong

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What was the sisters scene that was cut? Does it have to do with the girls that ask you for the fire and water crystals?
Yep, that one! It's considered "loli" content and was censored out of its Steam Release.