Suggestions for new music, please

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Suggestions for new music, please

@Obe:
I liked that. Does she do stuff mostly in that same vein? Is it worth trying to get more?

@Tassadar:
Feh. I've tried to listen to Kamelot and it was just watered down and boring. Sorry =\
Interestingly enough, I've actually downloaded a fuckton of Therion's stuff to try, then lost it. I can't find it anywhere. Probably is on my external (which I'm unable to access right now). Props for that suggestion anyway though. I gave Eluveitie a try, and it was okay. I'd probably listen to it if there were no screaming. Too bad =\

@Wonderboy:
sorry I forgot to respond earlier, I'm torrenting it right now.

@US:
It's easier to think of it as an opera singer happening to be a Touhou fan rather than a Touhou fan happening to be an opera singer. Or a choir director.

@XSI:
Don't worry about Korpiklaani, the torrent kicked up and is about 80% done now.

Also, Piratebay seems to be down.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Ah. A choir director, that makes sense. I was thinking of them as individuals. Everyone makes their own tributes with what they can offer. Some happen to lead choirs...

Found that opera though. Hearing it again, I'm not so sure its what your looking for after all, but check if you like. I just love the second verses brilliantly childish lyrics. Seems very strange to hear them sung in such a way.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess it's time for an update.

Sinful I was able to get some of the stuff you suggested but am having zero luck with Scala, aside from Youtube and dead torrents. Which is too bad because they are stunningly gorgeous.

Host, I can't find anything on the anime you mentioned. Even my girlfriend can't find any sort of soundtrack; she doesn't think one was released. Do you have something like that? Based on the few clips I saw on youtube, I think I'd like the music, if I were able to get it.

Twisted, I was able to find 3 Running Wild albums on Megaupload but the rest were passworded. Specifically Gates to Purgatory, Pile of Skulls, and Blazon Stone. Can't find any of the others. Also having zero luck with Samsas Traum.

Wonderboy, I'm enjoying the BHD soundtrack right now. =D

XSI, not sure about Korpiklaani, torrent seems to be stuck at 95%.

I think that's it. If you do decide to upload anything to MU, be sure to PM me the link instead of posting it up here (wouldn't want anybody to get in trouble >.>)

Also if there's something I have that seems interesting, drop me a pm.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now that I remember, if you haven't heard of them, try Dark Moor. Especially the 12th track of their album; The Gates of Oblivion, called Ores Irae. It's not on YouTube, or I'd show it to you. That sample is nothing like the song I recommended, but it is a fairly good song.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

By anything, I take it you mean anything soundtrack wise? Because I'm certain there's episodes on youtube, at the very least. I'm going through the history of the wikipedia page, looking for where I thought it mentioned a music release. May take awhile. In the mean time, you can always watch the show... I actually recommend the dub over the original.

EDIT: Ah, found something in my links. I think you have to buy these, but at least you now know what names to look for torrents of. (You want the music section, if that is not immediately obvious.)

Further EDIT: I've found some pages with rudimentary MIDI downloads, but not full music tracks. I'll add them soonish...

EDIT again: I've found a bunch of things, but only one really worth mentioning - namely this page: - there’s a ton of links to videos of the various music for the show, though mainly the starting theme in English. There’s also some done by the original singer in 2007. Also, if you figure out how the site works, (I have difficulty,) there's probably a music download thing there, too.

Last edited:

Lurker
Reputation score

There's a website called , you give it a song you like and it generates songs it thinks you might like for you to listen to. It's free, and it's great for finding new music.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

"Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S."

If anybody bothers finding a proxy with US ip, please post it here.

Lurker
Reputation score

This might help:

As you can see from the URL, it lists sites that list proxies. Also, this disclaimer on the page:please note open proxies are usually unreliable, slow and insecure.
Good night, and good luck.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Twisted, I was able to find 3 Running Wild albums on Megaupload but the rest were passworded. Specifically Gates to Purgatory, Pile of Skulls, and Blazon Stone. Can't find any of the others. Also having zero luck with Samsas Traum.
Ah! Curses at the Running Wild. I'll put three of their better albums (The Brotherhood, 20 Years of History[re-recordings of older songs 150% better], and Rogues en Vogue) on Megaupload, but thats expected to have little luck for Samsas Traum. I'll see what I can scrounge together for Megauploading it

Last edited:

Pale

Reputation score

Hrmm.. Lessee..

Imogen Heap is usually worth a listen, though perhaps not exactly in the "epic" arena...

In terms of soundtracks, Gladiator (Hans Zimmer) is definitely worth grabbing... As is the soundtrack for the various Halo games.. Lessee. The Matrix has a track called Navras by.. Juno Reactor, I think? Very worth listening to.

Clockwork Orange is worth hunting down, as well, for some interesting/weird stuff..

For music from anime, or instrumentals, well. Try Ed Alleyne-Johnson for -very- interesting electric violin covers of more popular songs, then the soundtracks for.. I'd say Death Note, Escaflowne.. El Cazador de La Bruja, maybe .hack, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I can recommend especially both of L's Themes, Light's Theme, and Death Note Theme from Death Note.. A Dance of Curse.. Inca Rose from Cazador.... A Song of Storm and Fire is good, too.

Myung theme is worth searching for, as well, from Macross Plus.. the main theme from Read or Die is excellent as well. From NGE, I'd recommend.. The Heady Feeling Of Freedom, Cruel Angel's Thesis.. Hedgehog's Dilemma.

I'm really enjoying old Western themes at the moment. Youtube things like the Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, or a Fistful of Dollars. The name Ennio Morricone is important. Also try the Wild Arm's Theme from youtube again.

Oh, and in case this seems daunting. I recommend this site for any anime music..

Free registration, then free download of pretty much every anime soundtrack there is.. Hope this helps.

P

Last edited:

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, Pale, awesome, just awesome. :D

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Now that I remember, if you haven't heard of them, try Dark Moor. Especially the 12th track of their album; The Gates of Oblivion, called Ores Irae.
You mean , originally composed by Mozart?

Newbie said:
Thanks =D

Twisted said:
I'll see what I can scrounge together for Megauploading it
Thanks to you too =D

Pale said:
Imogen Heap didn't really do anything for me. A woman chanting into a synthesizer. Lyrics were interesting, but lyrics do not make good music.

I've listened to the Matrix soundtracks and yes, Navras is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Unfortunately they didn't put more music like it into the movie, this was the credits track... which is unfortunate because it's easily the best track out of all three movies.

Death Note has been suggested to me before, my girlfriend thinks I'd like it. I had no idea the music was so good! Escaflowne music seems pretty excellent as well. Though I'm having some issues differentiating between what looks like the anime, a movie, and a game?

The chorus for Inca Rose sounds very familiar. I think they performed in some of the Mai Hime tracks. Like .

dot hack is also familiar to me, I've been given a couple tracks from it by friends. Definitely worth looking into.

NGE was... pretty. But not sure if it's worth looking into.

OOOOOH Macross. Is there more cello music like the track you linked in the soundtrack?? (this also reminds me of one of my favorite tracks)

I really need to finish Wild Arms. I think I played like an hour? Dunno, seemed good but something must have distracted me. It's still on my computer I think. The track you linked reminds me of and the . You might enjoy them.

I actually enjoyed Fistful of Dollars more than I thought I would. I might actually check it out (before I listened to it I figured I wouldn't like it; never been a fan of the Western genre in general).

Also, one of your tracks reminded me of the orchestrations. This is another example of something I drool over.

Anyway, thanks to all your suggestions =D

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes. Damn pirated albums giving me the wrong song titles.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

*chuckles*

Read this today and it reminded me of this thread.

I wonder just what qualities they would attribute to me and some of the other posters in this forum?