What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ スケイルガーデン ] 砦のローデス (RJ125552)

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] Rhode's Fortress

Did you also edit "game" file? If not, you need to change Library=RGSS104J.dll to Library=RGSS104e.dll
i just changed it to 104e and the text went to boxes. if i leave it 104j the text is in japanese.

with the translation of mizuki, the text is in english?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

i just changed it to 104e and the text went to boxes. if i leave it 104j the text is in japanese.

with the translation of mizuki, the text is in english?
You also need the *104E.dll in the game folder for it to work.

Plus the initial game is in japanese, you'll only see the enlish text once you applied the translation patch and switch the dll.

Mouse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am talking about the game.ini file. I assume you haven't edited it and thus have the boxes.

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am talking about the game.ini file. I assume you haven't edited it and thus have the boxes.
no i have edited the ini file like you said and the text went to boxes

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You also need the *104E.dll in the game folder for it to work.

Plus the initial game is in japanese, you'll only see the enlish text once you applied the translation patch and switch the dll.
i have the 104E.dll file in the folder.
i applied the translation patch like it was said in the link on how to apply patches. did like it was said and copied the files that were extracted plus deleted the rgss file and extracted the translation file of mizuki later like it was said but the text is still in japanese.
to be clear with mizukis patch the text and by text i mean while people are talking, its in english?

Mouse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Then I have no idea, since by editing the ini file and having the actual dll file should have worked as far as I can remember.

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Then I have no idea, since by editing the ini file and having the actual dll file should have worked as far as I can remember.
what i want to know is the text will it be in english? by text i mean while people are talking and not the the status bar where there is written in english, status change item skill etc. and when i press on status the words are either in japanese or boxes.

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yes, everything including the dialogue is in English.

If you're seeing boxes, you probably don't have the Japanese RPGMaker XP RTP installed.

I already mentioned it in the TLnotes.txt, or just go here:

bankss

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

what i want to know is the text will it be in english? by text i mean while people are talking and not the the status bar where there is written in english, status change item skill etc. and when i press on status the words are either in japanese or boxes.
Everything is translated, but you have to run the game using Applocale ;)

ments

Reputation score

i can't see the text, all i see is like boxes.
i have even put japanese locale on aswell

did you extract game in eng locale or japan locale, what kind of operating system you have, cause if you did all correct, than in my mind comes only two things - you don't have japanese rtp, or you are missing fonts

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, everything including the dialogue is in English.

If you're seeing boxes, you probably don't have the Japanese RPGMaker XP RTP installed.

I already mentioned it in the TLnotes.txt, or just go here:
no i did download it and installed it too. that is why i am confused. i did all as was told and i see the dialogues as boxes.

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Everything is translated, but you have to run the game using Applocale ;)
what is applocale? this program is used instead of putting my pc on japanese local? but i have already put my pc on japanese

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

did you extract game in eng locale or japan locale, what kind of operating system you have, cause if you did all correct, than in my mind comes only two things - you don't have japanese rtp, or you are missing fonts
i extracted the game in eng locale.
i have a windows 10
i have japanese rtp
maybe i dont have the fonts than, where can i get these?

michael6795

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

what is applocale? this program is used instead of putting my pc on japanese local? but i have already put my pc on japanese
AppLocale is a method of running a program as if the computer is locally in Japanese. If you have already changed your system language to Japanese, even better. I have done the same because I find that some games are still a bit buggy even using AppLocale.

i extracted the game in eng locale.
i have a windows 10
i have japanese rtp
maybe i dont have the fonts than, where can i get these?
Also, extract the game in Japanese locale. It can often make the difference as your extraction program may extract the files differently.

Last edited:

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

AppLocale is a method of running a program as if the computer is locally in Japanese. If you have already changed your system language to Japanese, even better. I have done the same because I find that some games are still a bit buggy even using AppLocale.
i think i have used that program before that is why i said that.
i would prefer using a program instead of changing the language all the time and give a restart to the pc lol

im so angry dont know why i cant get to make it work after doing everything like they said. someone mentioned i might not have the fonts of japanese. do you know where i can download them?

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

no i did download it and installed it too. that is why i am confused. i did all as was told and i see the dialogues as boxes.
Then it means you didn't apply the patch correctly. If you're seeing any Japanese at all, it means you patched it incorrectly.

Judging from what you mentioned earlier, it sounds like you extracted the translation first and then overwrote it with the Japanese files in the RGSS. It should be the reverse order.

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Then it means you didn't apply the patch correctly. If you're seeing any Japanese at all, it means you patched it incorrectly.

Judging from what you mentioned earlier, it sounds like you extracted the translation first and then overwrote it with the Japanese files in the RGSS. It should be the reverse order.
i reinstalled everything and did it like you said and still nothing.
maybe i need these japanese fonts they mention? if yes where can i find them?

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

All I can say is... I'm pretty sure it's not a font issue.

I advise you leave the game.ini as RGSS104J.dll.

If you play the game and you're seeing people speak Japanese, it either means
#1 you didn't overwrite the translation files into your game folder correctly
or #2 you still didn't delete/rename the original rgssad file.

My guess is you extracted the translation files in a way that it didn't overwrite the Japanese files... Check the filepathing to see that it's overwriting correctly instead of making another new folder.

If that doesn't help you... then I'm out of ideas.
I guess you could look for and try a prepatched version...

Bryanis

Reputation score

If you correctly patched the game and the ini file, you should be able to see text in it, even without using applocale or jap local setting.
There no specific font for the game, so no need to install any.

Normally, the steps are (assuming you don't get an already patched version) :

1) Download the game
2) Download the english full translation patch
3) Extract the game from the archive
4) Extract the file from the RGGSAD file
5) Put the folder extracted from the RGGSAD file into the game exe folder
6) Remove the RGGSAD file from the game exe folder (keep it safe for now)
7) extract the translation from the archive
8) copy the translation folder and file and paste (and overwrite) them in the game exe folder
9) edit the ini file to change the dll number
10) add the right dll version
11) play the game

Recommended (but you can do without it normally - for this game) to extract the archive in japanese local setting.

If things aren't working for you know, restart from step 3 - if all fail, restart from 1)...

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

going to make a video showing how to patch games i think

Last edited: