What's new

[Complete - Full] [Sweetsprite] [RJ217876] (深淵の森RPG2) Forest of the Abyss 2 (Partial Edit DeepL MTL)

aelie

Lurker
Reputation score
No not yet, I've been busy transitioning jobs and haven't had time to go back and fix them. Still on my radar and I won't start anything else until it gets done.
i looked into this, it almost all comes down to this: translating note fields in rpg maker games is almost always a bad idea. here's how to solve all the problems reported above (there might be more, again, translating note names breaks all kinds of stuff)

on major issue 1 (element proficiency doesnt get added by items, and doesnt work on attacks), you've renamed the element names (炎->Fire), but it is relying on there being a tag like <炎の知識:+20%> to increase fire damage by 20%, and that 炎 is referencing right into the elements list, which it cant find now that you've renamed the element name.
The same thing happens on attacks, where attacks have 炎 in the notes field to indicate that they are affected by fire proficiency, but now this says "flames" which doesnt match the element name anymore (Fire), so that doesnt work either, making attacks not take into account the proficiency tags set above. (aka no extra damage)

on major issue 2 (cant sell momo items), you translated<Rgroup:ももも商店> as <Rgroup:Momo Momo Shop>, but this addon for restricted shops only works with 1 word group names (you'll need to use MomoMomoShop instead), you'll also have to change the script/trigger on the momo shop map on this line "Rshop Momo Momo Shop" to match the new name (Rshop MomoMomoShop)

on major issue 3 (weapon upgrade attacks dont work), this is because in the jp note, it uses this kind of code <CAG攻撃:326> which sets the attack to "ice storm", but your translated version uses <CAGattack:326>, while the script is looking for <CAGAttack:326> (note the capital A), this causes it to not recognize the attacks

you'll either need to go in to all the note fields of every item and skill and modify these, or put them back to how they were in japanese to make these work

i hope this helps!

Here, I tried to fix them up. I cant guarantee this will work in all cases, but it seems to work as expected and solves all the major problems reported on this page

Attachments

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Here, I tried to fix them up. I cant guarantee this will work in all cases, but it seems to work as expected and solves all the major problems reported on this page
Fantastic, I checked over and did some quick testing and looks like your fixes work nicely. The thread has been updated and a new version of the patch with your fixes has been uploaded. Nice work!

1.5.6 will fix minor issues 2-4.

miwip

Reputation score
The "XO momo" quest to get the fencer job is broken. The vendor in Tanaoro requires 10 acorns, 5 "tow nuts" and 3 lavender to give you the XO momo. Thing is, there's no item named "tow nut". By copying the save to the original Japanese version looks like it's the item that is translated as "Red fruit".

If you have some time, translating the game strategy guide would be great too, has a bunch of pictures/graphs that Google Translate can't translate since it's not text. A ton of helpful material in there.

And thank you so much for picking up the translation and making it work for 3.3.10!

Oir

Reputation score
Heyhey, just saw the full game uploaded on F95! Thank you, it must've been a crazy amount of work to go through a game with this many scenes and dialogue. No joke, this stuff burns you out and can't thank you enough for sticking with it. Amazing stuff and a huge thanks to everyone else who contributed to the translation earlier!

A Happy New Year indeed!

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
The "XO momo" quest to get the fencer job is broken. The vendor in Tanaoro requires 10 acorns, 5 "tow nuts" and 3 lavender to give you the XO momo. Thing is, there's no item named "tow nut". By copying the save to the original Japanese version looks like it's the item that is translated as "Red fruit".

If you have some time, translating the game strategy guide would be great too, has a bunch of pictures/graphs that Google Translate can't translate since it's not text. A ton of helpful material in there.

And thank you so much for picking up the translation and making it work for 3.3.10!
Fixed in 1.5.7

For reading pictures with Japanese text I recommend you use an app on your phone like Google Translate. I don't plan on doing any more translation stuff for this unless it's new content or bug fixes. Thanks for reporting!

BladeGrip

Reputation score
This thread is old, but since the patch says that it's for 3.3.10 I want to ask if it still works for 3.3.11 which is the official latest version.

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
This thread is old, but since the patch says that it's for 3.3.10 I want to ask if it still works for 3.3.11 which is the official latest version.
Probably not, what will likely happen is that this patch will either downgrade you to 3.3.10 or just completely break.**536666