What's new

[Complete - Full] [Sweetsprite] [RJ217876] (深淵の森RPG2) Forest of the Abyss 2 (Partial Edit DeepL MTL)

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Patch 1.5 is out and can be considered the final major patch. (hotfixes will go in for any bugs found). Nothing really new from the last version with the exception of a few bug fixes. The main thing is that game is fully tested now so there should be no major issues that pop up.

If you find any bugs please let me know. Enjoy!

Risen

Reputation score
Well talking about Bugs, it has nothing to do with your translation, but when i try to fight the Whitch i get this Lodaing error.
Seeing that it looks like a file was misslabeled, I renamed the normal "witch" file in that folder but im not getting any real results.
I also made a copy of the witch file and renamed that, also no real results. I also tryed running the game with a Japanese emulator but it also resulted in that error.
Anyone got a Idea what i could try to fix it?

Attachments

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Well talking about Bugs, it has nothing to do with your translation, but when i try to fight the Whitch i get this Lodaing error.
Seeing that it looks like a file was misslabeled, I renamed the normal "witch" file in that folder but im not getting any real results.
I also made a copy of the witch file and renamed that, also no real results. I also tryed running the game with a Japanese emulator but it also resulted in that error.
Anyone got a Idea what i could try to fix it?
Definitely a bug with the translation.

New Patch 1.5.1 added with a fix. Please try it and let me know if it works. Thanks for reporting this!

Risen

Reputation score
Definitely a bug with the translation.

New Patch 1.5.1 added with a fix. Please try it and let me know if it works. Thanks for reporting this!
Works like a charm now, thanks!

Found another one. It happened when I went into the Mine in the second mining town (the one with all the chickens) and got attacked (I saved at the entrance where it promts you to save). During the battle there was no picture of the MC in the bottom left corner and the alert kept apearing. After the battle it went straight to the screen int the picture.
The problem with it is that after restarting the game, I am unable to continue playing, because the error also apears in the main menu.

Attachments

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Found another one. It happened when I went into the Mine in the second mining town (the one with all the chickens) and got attacked (I saved at the entrance where it promts you to save). During the battle there was no picture of the MC in the bottom left corner and the alert kept apearing. After the battle it went straight to the screen int the picture.
The problem with it is that after restarting the game, I am unable to continue playing, because the error also apears in the main menu.
I just wanted pretty colors on names to work again.... for some reason the authors decided they wanted that specific map file to also reference the actor images... Anyway thanks for testing :).

Hopefully fixed in 1.5.2, please test it out and let me know. Thanks!

Risen

Reputation score
I just wanted pretty colors on names to work again.... for some reason the authors decided they wanted that specific map file to also reference the actor images... Anyway thanks for testing :).

Hopefully fixed in 1.5.2, please test it out and let me know. Thanks!
Good News: It works, i also checked all the other levels of the mine, the only thing i noticed was that the "Place name" in the top left is in Japanese on all levels, but thats not a deal breaker.

Bad News: That bug actually destroyed my save file, not alowing the game to load the load screen form the main menu or, if you are ingame, giving you an error if you try to open the menu, so i had to remove it. Again not game breaking, i just lost about 45 min worth of weapon and material grinding but the other saves are fine.

So remember kids: Save frequently and in alternating save slots!

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Good News: It works, i also checked all the other levels of the mine, the only thing i noticed was that the "Place name" in the top left is in Japanese on all levels, but thats not a deal breaker.

Bad News: That bug actually destroyed my save file, not alowing the game to load the load screen form the main menu or, if you are ingame, giving you an error if you try to open the menu, so i had to remove it. Again not game breaking, i just lost about 45 min worth of weapon and material grinding but the other saves are fine.

So remember kids: Save frequently and in alternating save slots!
Oof yeah sorry about that, code wise, this game is a mess and takes a lot of babysitting. 👀

I only went into that mine once my entire playthrough, weird that those map names aren't translated... but they are now in 1.5.3. If you find anything else lemme know!

Risen

Reputation score
The Boss of the Moon Forest Lake has quiet the interesting name if you ask me:eek:
Also, better re-read the whole converstain before the fight, at some point the Boss starts talking about the S.H.I.E.L.D. Project, and im prety sure that something is not right about that.

Attachments

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Torrent, Treant, what's the difference 🤷‍♂️. DeepL sometimes gets the weirdest results... Idk how S.H.I.E.L.D could possible be relevant to anything they are talking about lol. Anyway fixed in 1.5.4.

WatcherD

Reputation score
Thank you so much for this translation! It has been an absolute joy to play again, translated this time. I imagine it took an incredible amount of work. ❤

Two big issues with the translation I wanted to bring up:
1) Attribute Multipliers got broken. There's a lot of equipment that give elemental bonuses, you could get some up to 180%. But none of the attack bonuses apply in the translation, they're all stuck at 100% and testing shows no damage increases. The defensive elemental bonuses seem to work though.

2) The ability to sell items to Momo for Momo Coins got broken, nothing shows up in the sell list. Normally you'd be able to sell various gems, metals, and other rare items (basically the same items Momo sells) for Momo coins. As far as I know that's the only way to get any Momo Coins, so this effectively locks you out of being able to use the shop at all or upgrading any of your weapons at the anvil.

You can temporarily get around both of these issues by saving/quitting, and swapping back to the original data files to do what you need to, then saving/quitting and going back to the translation data files. But it's a big pain in the butt.

Some minor issues that are easily ignored but I wanted to bring up anyway:
1) A lot of dialog formatting is gone. NPC names used to be color coded and have their own line with the dialog starting underneath them. Also names, locations, and items listed in dialog were usually color coded. But this would probably be a crap top of work for a minor amount of cosmetic improvement, so I totally understand if it stays as is. You get used to mentally separating the NPC names from the dialog pretty fast anyway.
2) During the mining minigame the text for the mining pick durability in the bottom right corner is too long, so you can't see how many charges are left on your current pick.
3) The options menu is missing some options compared to the untranslated version.
4) Crit Rate in the status screen was translated as Lust.

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Thank you so much for this translation! It has been an absolute joy to play again, translated this time. I imagine it took an incredible amount of work. ❤

Two big issues with the translation I wanted to bring up:
1) Attribute Multipliers got broken. There's a lot of equipment that give elemental bonuses, you could get some up to 180%. But none of the attack bonuses apply in the translation, they're all stuck at 100% and testing shows no damage increases. The defensive elemental bonuses seem to work though.

2) The ability to sell items to Momo for Momo Coins got broken, nothing shows up in the sell list. Normally you'd be able to sell various gems, metals, and other rare items (basically the same items Momo sells) for Momo coins. As far as I know that's the only way to get any Momo Coins, so this effectively locks you out of being able to use the shop at all or upgrading any of your weapons at the anvil.

You can temporarily get around both of these issues by saving/quitting, and swapping back to the original data files to do what you need to, then saving/quitting and going back to the translation data files. But it's a big pain in the butt.

Some minor issues that are easily ignored but I wanted to bring up anyway:
1) A lot of dialog formatting is gone. NPC names used to be color coded and have their own line with the dialog starting underneath them. Also names, locations, and items listed in dialog were usually color coded. But this would probably be a crap top of work for a minor amount of cosmetic improvement, so I totally understand if it stays as is. You get used to mentally separating the NPC names from the dialog pretty fast anyway.
2) During the mining minigame the text for the mining pick durability in the bottom right corner is too long, so you can't see how many charges are left on your current pick.
3) The options menu is missing some options compared to the untranslated version.
4) Crit Rate in the status screen was translated as Lust.
Thanks for the feedback!

Major 1 and 2 I will take a look at for sure and get them fixed as soon as I can.

Minor 1 most likely can't be fixed unless I retranslated everything. My new script wouldn't have this issue since I found a way to solve it, but unfortunately this is an older patch so I can't apply it

2, 3, and 4 I will fix.

Thanks for pointing these out! I play games with my own MTL so it's hard to notice them myself.

WatcherD

Reputation score
Another major issue I've just come across: The Momo shop weapon upgrades are broken.

Normally they all replace your Attack command in combat with a magic spell or sword skill. The Uranus Staff+ even replaces your Defense command as well. But that doesn't happen with translation.

Risen

Reputation score
Hello there.
How far is the translation up to?
Like it says at the top, its complete and he did a good job despite smaller problems you can only find with the help of players.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Like it says at the top, its complete and he did a good job despite smaller problems you can only find with the help of players.
But on title it sais "Partial", which confused me a bit lol.
Ok, if it's completed, I'm going to play the game from scratch then. Thanks (y)

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
But on title it sais "Partial", which confused me a bit lol.
Ok, if it's completed, I'm going to play the game from scratch then. Thanks (y)
It just means that it's partially edited MTL not fully edited. Meaning some of the translation is edited by me and some is MTL.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
It just means that it's partially edited MTL not fully edited. Meaning some of the translation is edited by me and some is MTL.
Ah, I see thanks.
In other news, the slot machine is making me want commit sudoku...
I need serious cash to progress in the game and it's just giving me cherries of slimes for the past 2 hours :cautious:

Edit* Anyone remebers where you get the swordsman job?

Nevermind, I figured out how to get the fencer job ;)

Edit* And now I can't remember what you have to do to get torches ugh...

Last edited:

aelie

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for the feedback!

Major 1 and 2 I will take a look at for sure and get them fixed as soon as I can.

Minor 1 most likely can't be fixed unless I retranslated everything. My new script wouldn't have this issue since I found a way to solve it, but unfortunately this is an older patch so I can't apply it

2, 3, and 4 I will fix.

Thanks for pointing these out! I play games with my own MTL so it's hard to notice them myself.
did any of these ever get fixed?

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
did any of these ever get fixed?
No not yet, I've been busy transitioning jobs and haven't had time to go back and fix them. Still on my radar and I won't start anything else until it gets done.