What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [SweGabe] Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

for those wondering the easiest methods to win against the "boss" mobs in the game, well it takes a bit of setup but it is easily doable with mythril + equipment

my party is Devon, Farah, Kythe, and Gabrielle with Kythe casting Grand Might (or Grand Power if you have it) and Destroy on intended targets

the other 3 just do base attacks with Devon spot healing if needed

this is very cheap MP wise since with a set of mythril or platinum armor (tiger for Kythe or Ra'Tiki), my team hardly takes any damage except for the rare magic attack

sometimes if a mob uses a Might or Power buff on themselves - have Kythe use Grand Barrier (or Grand Protect if you have it) the turn after to serve as a buffer against their melee attack

(edited: Roseus can be triggered prior to the Iron Spire event so make sure to down her on a replay before so to make the fight much easier)

the only mob in the game atm that makes me use more than the above rotation is the Lost Spirit legendary however if you used my save file I uploaded, I already downed it so you will not have to deal with that hassle

basically that mob required me to stack both Might and Power to even land a hit on it

Last edited:

Got a few things that need clearing.

Haven't found a way to move faster than the basic crawl.

Game seems to have only 4 save slots.

Gallery does not seem to replay actual scenes, showing only cg.

Am I doing something wrong?

Haven't found a way to move faster than the basic crawl.
Colussia Inn has a traveling scholar. Solve his 5 questions and you can run outside buildings by pressing A.

Game seems to have only 4 save slots.
Why would you need more? Just finish one Mode and start another. 4 is clearly enough.

Gallery does not seem to replay actual scenes, showing only cg.
Maybe we get that in the future.

Why would you need more? Just finish one Mode and start another. 4 is clearly enough.

4 is clearly not enough when your gallery does not replay scenes. Am I supposed to play the whole game every time i want to watch some specific scene play?

There's no reason to limit save space in a RPG, unless you're playing in some kind of hardcore ironman mode, it's plain bad design, and when paired with a lack of scene gallery it's a deal breaker for me.

4 is clearly not enough when your gallery does not replay scenes. Am I supposed to play the whole game every time i want to watch some specific scene play?

There's no reason to limit save space in a RPG, unless you're playing in some kind of hardcore ironman mode, it's plain bad design, and when paired with a lack of scene gallery it's a deal breaker for me.

Well no one said you have to play it in it's current state if it's that bad for you. Just give them time or ask the devs for it. If i would complain about every little thing in my life i could go straight into a locked psychiatric ward.

Well no one said you have to play it in it's current state if it's that bad for you. Just give them time or ask the devs for it. If i would complain about every little thing in my life i could go straight into a locked psychiatric ward.

I don't know man, looking back a couple pages you do seem like the kind that complains a lot about small things. :p

I guess if they haven't fixed this stuff in two years apparently nobody cares, and i'll join in and not care about this either.

Have fun.

I guess if they haven't fixed this stuff in two years apparently nobody cares, and i'll join in and not care about this either.

By all means, feel free to leave forever.

Just a heads up anyone waiting for the public release
of origin episode II can grab it here.....

Thank you Gabe
Much appreciated.

i had to add it to DEP to stop it from crashing so if it crashes on you try this:

control panel > system and security > system > advanced > performance > settings > data execution prevention

Last edited:

anyone found new things in the full 2.01 versions other than 1.14?

One thing I've done with Scale Garden games (which do have a replay gallery at the end, but it often doesn't have quite everything) is, each time I get an H-scene I think I'll want to rewatch, I copy the relevant save file and rename it to, say, Deflor.rxdata. Then, when I want to rewatch the scene where Elena loses her virginity, I simply copy and rename it to Save1.rxdata.

Does anyone know how many shards do you need to unlock Illumi's new scene, and if the shards and in previous locations?

Does anyone know how many shards do you need to unlock Illumi's new scene, and if the shards and in previous locations?

You need 30 shards to unlock the 2nd scene with Illumi. I am 1 short to unlock that i missed the one in the prison.

Anyone know where to find this last location? Can't determine if it's in the desert region or not.

imgur com/a/26YGV

Sorry for the broken link, longtime lurker, rarely post.

Was looking forward to some added battle costumes. Guess I'm the only one looking forward to them.

is there any difference from letting ironard go or not?

One thing I've done with Scale Garden games (which do have a replay gallery at the end, but it often doesn't have quite everything) is, each time I get an H-scene I think I'll want to rewatch, I copy the relevant save file and rename it to, say, Deflor.rxdata. Then, when I want to rewatch the scene where Elena loses her virginity, I simply copy and rename it to Save1.rxdata.

Let me blow your mind away.

Scalegarden games all sport a whooping 40 save slots, because you can use the Q and W key in the save menu to change page.

That's a bit limited. Gabe hasn't fixed that stuff in three games, dating back to something like 2010. And most of your complaints could be addressed by freely available scripts and such that have been kicking around since at least 2006. Essentially, if it doesn't involve hanging a Computer Science 101 level, RNG-based mini game off the event system, it isn't an innovation that's likely to be included.

If you read back through the thread a bit, you can see where I complained about/explained the problem with the Sprint Shoes. I know Gabe saw that post for reasons that aren't important. A week or two later the blog said the Shoes were being fixed, and in the next version a delay had been increased to make the de-bounce issue less pronounced, but nothing else was addressed. So even on the off chance that your criticism is accepted, and action is taken, I wouldn't expect much.

You can use Cheat Engine if you want to make things more bearable. Just straight up using Speed Hack set to 2 or 3 makes everything less of a chore, including dealing with the glacial pace of RPG Maker's default battle system. If you just want to walk faster, there's a 32-bit variable for movement speed, which I think Gabe sets to 2 or 3 by default in most places. RPG Maker XP multiplies values by 2 and adds 1 as a sort of obfuscation, I guess, so that would be 5 and 7 from the outside looking in. It's pretty easy to find even if you don't know the values, since the speed changes from world map to town, and again if you use the Shoes. I don't know if that helps you, but it might help somebody.

And I do appreciate the insanity of needing hacks to make playing a game less bothersome.

Want to ask a bit, but Gabe just released the episode II recently, right?

So.. do I have to download the eps 1 first or the episode II has 1st and 2nd in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back