What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [SweGabe] Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Legend of Queen Opala: Origin

Personally more than caring about time of release... I would be happy if Gabe did 2 things, in fact I would support her if that was the case:

1º Learn to script: Really... this is a must, after 2 complete games and half of the 3rd one I would expect that we would at least be able to sprint, not those boots that are useless in almost all maps.

2º Have just one style: I really don't get this, in this game we have 4 versions of the same cgs which for me is a waste of money, if we only had 1 version then wouldn't that mean 4 times more cgs?, even if it's only 2 or 3 times the game would feel greater.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2º Have just one style: I really don't get this, in this game we have 4 versions of the same cgs which for me is a waste of money, if we only had 1 version then wouldn't that mean 4 times more cgs?, even if it's only 2 or 3 times the game would feel greater.
It's not a question of money, really, it's a question of artist workload. You can't speed that up simply by throwing money at it.

Also, some people just prefer different styles.

And it adds replayability.

Honestly, I think there's a lot of saltiness in the thread. I get it if you're a patron, but if you're not paying... eh.

Also, I know I might be a shill for saying this, but - if you disagree with Gabe's latest post, could you point out where they are factually incorrect?

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1º Learn to script: Really... this is a must, after 2 complete games and half of the 3rd one I would expect that we would at least be able to sprint, not those boots that are useless in almost all maps.
It's perfectly intended, and I doubt he will change that. It's not like it's very hard. But slower walkspeed = more time to play through the game for 0$. He can boast about a very long game after that, when it could have been played much more quickly if he gave basic features like decent movement speed. Why do you think there is a time count ?

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Are you for real now? Replaying the game at least three more times to see human eastern, western and Beastmode A and B? Most people just play their favorite style and after that google for a CG gallery. Why should anyone have to endure all of it multiple times? The replay factor is around zero...only if you want to have 100% it might be a option but it sounds more like a tryhard run.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's not a question of money, really, it's a question of artist workload. You can't speed that up simply by throwing money at it.

Also, some people just prefer different styles.

Honestly, I think there's a lot of saltiness in the thread. I get it if you're a patron, but if you're not paying... eh.

Also, I know I might be a shill for saying this, but - if you disagree with Gabe's latest post, could you point out where they are factually incorrect?
Ok I don't know if this answer is serious, but I will suppose it is (I say this because when I read it I truly don't think you actually read what I wrote)

First of all let's talk about artists, I don't even understand what you have read, what I said is "more unique scenes better than different versions of the same one", you can find artists with a style more or less the same then pay them for unique cgs better than repetitions with different style (most game creators be it in japan or anywhere do this, a quiz question, how many artists did have monster girl quest?). Never said anything about throwing money, making the game production faster... it's as simple as paying 4 artists with a similar style to do different cgs and not 4 different versions.

Now let's talk about the different styles: It's what I call a waste, I mean it, you may like more or less one style or the other, but you won't replay the same thing 4 times to see how other artists made the same scene, at most you will decrypt the game and see the scenes with a different art. If you truly think it's worth having less unique scenes for different styles of the same scene then I will respect your opinnion but... I would ask why this is the only game that does that (I would say because most would see it as a waste of resources)

About replayability... ehm I can't think this is a good point, this game because it doesn't use any scripts that are quite necessary like "running", the simple combat, the storyline... this game isn't made to be replayable. Legend of queen opala (the first one) was a game that was meant to be replayable and only 2 times (short game, not too much grind, different storyline...). When you start legend of queen opala 2 you will find a massive grindfest because you need money, weapons and armors, following no ability to run until late game and even so not in all places and of course the story mostly linear. In this game the replay value is negative too. Most of the 2nd and this 3rd game you will find that you are actually wasting time because of all the issues it has, if this wasn't a hentai game and all of that normal players would just ignore the game because of those many issues.

Now let's talk about saltiness... I like legend of queen opala, in fact I want to support it, but because there are a LOT of points that make you step back then of course I will critic them, in fact if I didn't like the game itself I wouldn't waste time giving my opinnion about it, because I would be just indifferent about anything about it, even more I'm actually adding that "I would support it if it solved the issues".

Last thing is about "why people critic gabe release time". I don't talk about this because I would need more information.

Last edited:

Keyen

Reputation score

(most game creators be it in japan or anywhere do this, a quiz question, how many artists did have monster girl quest?).
Worst example ever. MGQ has incredible gaps in quality between its different CGs... Let's talk about the freakin sea Cucumber monster!

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Worst example ever. MGQ has incredible gaps in quality between its different CGs... Let's talk about the freakin sea Cucumber monster!
I can accept that, but that is more related to quality control than the point of what I was saying. I actually don't think it's a bad example of that point.

Bleachigo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The mayor got arrested. I think you already visited him after the gathering. You can either go through the southern checkpoint or visit Osira in Fellhorn Ruins for a little quest.
Yea, but i have problem when i try to go from Brightstone south to river checkpoint, the solders wont let me pass, they say: Under strict orders by Emperor Crayden, civilians are not allowed through the checkpoint! So what to do now?

Sarav

Reputation score

Are you for real now? Replaying the game at least three more times to see human eastern, western and Beastmode A and B?
Hey now, don't forget the planned Beastmode C and International versions.

Last edited:

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yea, but i have problem when i try to go from Brightstone south to river checkpoint, the solders wont let me pass, they say: Under strict orders by Emperor Crayden, civilians are not allowed through the checkpoint! So what to do now?
Have you visited Osira and completed her little request?

Hey now, don't forget the planned Beastmode C and International versions.
Yeah...international version with at least 50 different artists? Oh boy, that's exactly what humanity was waiting for. ;)

Sarav

Reputation score

Yeah...international version with at least 50 different artists? Oh boy, that's exactly what humanity was waiting for. ;)
It's apparently being done by the artist who did the character portraits.

These ones.

Last edited:

Bleachigo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have you visited Osira and completed her little request?

Yes i finished that...

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yes i finished that...
Do you actually have the episode II of the Origin? Cuz if you still play Episode I this is where the game ends. I just checked a walkthrough and it says after you delivered the outcome of the High Lord Gathering to the Mayor you're free to go through the checkpoint.

Heres the walkthrough, just scroll down a little until you read "Episode II walkthrough".

0nymous

Reputation score

I think my personal gripe with development time is not that Gabe is lazy or anything... I think as far as content delivery comes it's pretty steady and Gabe has history with ACTUALLY finishing projects, so I'm not worried about the good ol' Patreon cash-out-and-bail scenario... it's just that, it's one person.
One person to commission all the artists (A LOT OF THEM).
One person to keep check on the artists so they deliver the content.
One person to manage voice acting. And the music commissions now, too.
One person to map out the actual game in RPGMaker (more tedious than you'd think). And lay out the events. And scripting, and item-balancing and whatever else comes with making a game in RPGMakerXP.
One person to do all the fucking WRITING. It's not Shakespearean, sure, but it does take some time and effort to write up those sexy time scenes.

All in all, my heart still goes out to people who are upset at the pace of releases... simply because I don't think you should casually assume development time of one game is going to take you F I V E fucking years. People start and get out of puberty in during this time for fuck's sake. HELL, the first time I played an Opala game was... well, a long time ago.
So, yeah, there's a whole variety of reasons why you should keep projects like this a one-man effort... and a whole variety of reasons why you should get some help when it grows this big.
I mean, sorry, but when I think I'll get to see this finished in 2020, I can't think happy thoughts. I think thoughts like 'fucking hell, WWIII might be over by then, will I even be fucking alive?'.

Keyen

Reputation score

Dont worry, WWIII will starts in 2020, not be over by then. If the calendar is nice enough, you will get LOQOO right before it starts, and you will be able to play it in your bunker.

Bleachigo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you actually have the episode II of the Origin? Cuz if you still play Episode I this is where the game ends. I just checked a walkthrough and it says after you delivered the outcome of the High Lord Gathering to the Mayor you're free to go through the checkpoint.

Heres the walkthrough, just scroll down a little until you read "Episode II walkthrough".
Maybe i have problem cos this save i play now, i play with him on beta versions?

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Maybe i have problem cos this save i play now, i play with him on beta versions?
Oh...well this is highly possible. If no one here has the ultimate solution i'm afraid....you're fucked. To put it simple...you might have to start from the beginning cuz too much changes from the many updates won't cooperate with your old save file. :(

Bleachigo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh...well this is highly possible. If no one here has the ultimate solution i'm afraid....you're fucked. To put it simple...you might have to start from the beginning cuz too much changes from the many updates won't cooperate with your old save file. :(
I figured it too :D

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I figured it too :D
So you really have to start again? Oh man that sucks. But on the other side...you might want to collect every shit you can get in that grindfest game.^^

Bleachigo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So you really have to start again? Oh man that sucks. But on the other side...you might want to collect every shit you can get in that grindfest game.^^
By the grindfest game, you mean on game itself? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.