Synthia (BlueSlime)

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Synthia (BlueSlime)

Max thinks for a moment. "Well, the odds of finding a volcano as such...but, perhaps not, his spirit would perhaps infest the lava that melted the sword, or who knows what might happen, it may not be worth it, but yes, perhaps a chest might be best...in fact, it may be safest just kept under a watchful eye, perhaps in a family tomb, or my tower...?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We'll discuss it in more detail once we get this thing safely in a box with a big lock on it," Synthia replied. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Before leaving though, Synthia would look around and see if there were any treasures or trinkets to be obtained in the lair - her adventurer instincts not failing her even at a time like this.

Last edited:
OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max nods to Synthia, taking a bit of time as he conjures a chest, just about the right size to hold the sword and little else, multiple locks on it as Synthia looks around the room with Gerald, they find quite a lot of treasure, though decide to leave some of it because it might be dangerous, but there's still quite a lot they can bring with them.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Synthia placed the blade inside Max's chest with a slight sigh. "Bastard had to take my sword from me." She muttered, but let it go and closed the chest.

She took a bit of easy to carry treasure as keep sakes of her victory here, and what she could not easily carry she suggested that Gerald take.

Soon, the three of them were out of the lair and on their journey back to their home.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gerald chuckles a little at Synthia's grumbling, but decides not to say anything, as he understood where she was coming from. Max nodded, locking the chest as the other two picked out treasure, a decent amount, considering. He lead them out of the lair, which seemed a lot quieter now, as he prepared them for the journey home.

Scenario Complete! View Epilogue? Y/N

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Synthia became dimly aware again of her true self within the EGG and cracked a smile, then chose "yes" to view the epilogue. So the scenario had once again winded down to a close. This had been enjoyable. She wondered what else was in store for this EGG chamber game, but she certainly had enough to write the first article about this amazing game for her paper.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Synthia got to watch as the epilogue played. It showed her returning to her house with Gerald, reuniting happily with her son and watching as the world returned to normal. Indeed though, she never saw Max again, as he retreated to his tower, taking the sword in tow and resolving to guard it. Eventually Max passed away as the ages past, and Synthia had another child with Gerald, a daughter. In time, the story of the overlord became a legend, as did Synthia's sword, a tale told by bards about the sword that imprisoned the overlord, locked away in a powerful mages tower.

===

And that was Synthia's tale as the real world took hold again. Synthia blinked a little as she returned. She was surprised to find the building very quiet, and also to find max waiting for her as she exited. "Oh good, you've finished for now. I'm sorry to inform you that testing is ending early for today, we've got a few bugs to work out but they require that none of the machines be in use. I can as always, answer any questions you have before you have to go."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Synthia blinked a bit as the EGG hissed open and her timeless experience came to an abrupt end.

"Oh hello, Max." She giggled, amused at the way the AI developer and helpful wizard both shared the same name. "It's just as well, since I just ended my scenario. This game can make you feel quite good about yourself," she said, standing up and stretching.

"I did have a question though... at the end of this scenario, my character grew old and had a happy life settling down. I even..." she blushed a little, "I even had a family in the game. It was quite nice, but I was wondering if it would be possible to continue my game, but from the point of view of an NPC I'd met... in this case, my in-game daughter?"

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max greets Synthia with a smile. "Did you? I'm glad to hear you had a good experience." He says, listening as she asks her questions. "Oh, hmm, yes, you can, actually, the game is flexible enough to allow that." He says, nodding a bit as he explains it to her. "Any other questions before the end of the day?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Synthia shrugged. "No, no, I think I have enough in my mind that I'll need to jot down somewhere. Good luck with fixing those bugs, Max. I'll be back soon."

Synthia went home with a feeling of well-deserved satisfaction. The past afternoon had spanned a good chunk of a lifetime for her, but she was not upset about it in the slightest. She looked forward to the next time when she could enter the EGG and play as her daughter, Dylara.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Returning to the EGG in the morning, Synthia finds the building very quiet, and a little bereft of staff. Max saw her and explained how it was a day off for most of the staff, though testing was still open.

Settling into the EGG, Synthia brings up a menu which allows her to bring up the new game, summarizing the events she had made in the world, and where the game would start should she play as the daughter. In the world Synthia and Gerald had opened up a school and trained many in the ways of fighting, a defense force was set up, and Bryn was made a captain in this force.

Dylara went away to a mages academy, as she wanted to learn Magic, like 'Uncle Max'. Today would be her first day at the Academy, just arriving.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Satisfied with the proposed storyline, Synthia settled into the EGG and clicked the affirmation button that would send her into Dylara's body. It was an interesting experience. Similar to what she'd done before, but in the moment of transition, a whole memory of childhood was transplanted into her mind - with Synthia herself as her own mother. The game was kind enough to represent her as having been a good and caring mom to Dylara, and there was a healthy bond of respect and love in Dylara for her mother.

It was odd as well, as the game seemed to be suppressing the in-game memories that Synthia had collected. She could not remember what she had gone through in the previous sessions. Even her out of game knowledge, that her name was Synthia and she was a student of journalism, had been greyed out, or changed so that it seemed to be almost a dreamlike existence.

Dylara seemed more like the reality, and Synthia more the game. In fact, Dylara was now thinking of herself as this new identity, this primary identity.

Yes, she was now Dylara. She looked down at herself. She had her mother's hair, but her father's eyes. She was curvy, and about the same height as her mother, but not nearly as coordinated. Her mother was an arcane duelist, an acrobat, and an escape artist. Dylara did not possess the same aptitude. She was more into books, and into magic, and she wasn't as flashy as her mother either. She wore robes that hid rather than accentuated her good-looking body. And she also knew that while her parents had always encouraged her to date boys, she seemed to always be less than enthused about the idea. Dylara found them immature and they reminded her too much of her brother's friends, who had always picked on her, and enjoyed pulling on her long single braid. Her mother said it was probably because they secretly fancied her. She had told Dylara that men could be like that sometimes. Dylara had just shrugged and concentrated on learning her basic cantrips, like Uncle Max had begun to teach her just before he passed away.

The academy was something new and exhilarating. This was where Max had said he had studied when he was young, and so Dylara felt like she was following in his footsteps. Her parents had both been proud of her acceptance and desire to become a mage, and neither had raised an objection to it. She knew that her father, Gerald, was a bit sad to see her go off by herself, but her mother had been quick to tell him that she'd be safe at the academy and that she had to learn to be independent. That had calmed her father down. Besides, with Dylara off at school and Bryn living as an officer in the barracks, it gave the house back entirely to Gerald and Synthia, and they both seemed happy about that idea. Dylara did not want to think about what those two would get up to when she was gone. She'd walked in on them once when she was eleven... it took her mother several hours to embarrassingly convince Dylara that mommy had asked daddy to do that to her. She'd never gotten it out of her head.

She looked around her surroundings, memories continued to flood in and tell her exactly what her current situation was.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The memories continue to trickle in as she enters the academy, a bit surprised at how big the entrance hall is, as she sees groups of students walking around busily moving from place to place, she sees one or two groups of students seemingly standing around and chatting, sort of hanging out.

As Dylara is distracted looking around, she hears a little muffled yelp in front of her, looking forward just in time to see a girl with very long green hair barreling towards her, a stack of books in her arms keeping her off balance as she tries to steady herself. Of course, she fails, crashing right into Dylara as the two of them are sent sprawling to the floor.

"Ow~~" The girl says weakly as she blinks, starting to stand up. An onlooker might notice that somehow the two girls collapsed into a pile, books spread around, as the green haired girl sat up, they might also noticed that the positions was very erotic, for some reason.

The girl looks embarrassed as she looks at Dylara, quickly scrambling to stand up and trying to help her. "Ohmygosh! I'm so sorry are you okay?!" She says all in one breath, the glasses on her face a little crooked as she hadn't taken the chance to fix them yet.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dylara sprawled out on the ground, propping herself up on her elbow and rubbing her head with her other hand. She opened her eyes and blushed as she realized her traveling robe had hiked up when she took her tumble and her underwear was showing. She rapidly readjusted her robes and then scrambled to her feet.

"No.. no, I'm fine," the purple haired, blue-eyed girl said to the bespectacled young lady who had run into her. "Don't worry about it. Here let me help you with those books..."

As Dylara gathered up the books she took a look at the titles, trying to see what sorts of things this girl was reading that she had to carry half a library with her.

"I'm Dylara by the way..." she said, offering the girl a modest smile by way of greeting.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The other girl blushed as well, having spotted Dylara's underwear, and both girls could see some of the guys around wearing soft smiles, implying they had probably seen as well.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay, I'm terribly sorry." the green haired girl says again, looking relieved. "Thank you" she says softly as Dylara helps her pick up the books.

Looking at the titles Dylara finds that she seems to be studying every sort of subject their is, even one book on monsters of the world, the front cover of which appears to be some sort of tentacled beast.

The girl smiles when Dylara introduces herself. "I'm Maria..." she says with a shy smile. "Thank you for helping me pick up all this stuff, I have to deliver these to the library, I assist there from time to time, these were all overdue books that I had to go and collect!"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The library, hmm? Here, let me carry some of these for you. I'm new here, so I ought to see where the library is anyway. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time there." Dylara smiled and took a stack of books in her arms. With two girls carrying the books, it would be a simple job.

She tried to ignore the looks that some of the guys were giving her. Immature jerks, she thought. "So, Maria, how long have you been here at the academy? Do you like it here?"

Dylara thought this might be a good opportunity to make a friend. And if Maria was an assistant librarian, that meant that she could really help her find important books that Dylara might need in her studies. She really wanted to do well here and be the best mage she could be. She had very famous parents her part of the world, and it was tough for her and Bryn to live up to their reputation. At least here she might be able to get away from comparisons to her mom.