What's new

ACT Vore Guro [Team Krama] Rape of the Dead (RJ202858)

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Team Krama][FPS] Rape of the Dead

Lets not drop down to binary hate mode and fan defense mode.
And you can easily say something is poor or bad without having to expect AAA quality, there's an infinite amount of quality levels. Lets not strawman.

Earlier on the thread there was a game design discussion. My biggest disappointment was the decision to make it so much like GOR games, even though with the engine they had there was such a good opportunity to include it during gameplay. As opposed to other engines where it really is chopping a cutscene into the RPG maker engine say.

If you took L4D2 and had all the special infected grapples be Hentai, then you'd have something intergrated (smoker slow kill, Charger ground pound, Imp face thingy etc.). Things the player could view in game without it being a game over.

On top of that, clothing destruction could have easily been a thing without it being tied to game over. So naked bodies and/or even clothing destruction animations could have been a thing (another staple of Hentai games).

So if felt much more like a poor FPS (and yes bad it it's own right, not must compared to AAA), with Hentai GOR, as opposed to as advertised a FPS Hentai game. Which to me should mean Hentai intergrated into the game (and no the sex/health cut scene doesn't count).

I'm glad it's enough for some and they got funding, and hope they expand it on the next one. As far as I can guess, I don't see any reason if they did the above changes that it would turn OFF the players that are ok with the current system, but it would bring in those who want more. If it would, I'd be curious to know why.

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You have to remember, the H-game community is a VERY niche community and likewise the developing community is very niche. I would wager there's no more than 5 people in Team Krama and even though they're pulling in barely over $2k/mo they're all working pro-bono until the product ships. You simply can't expect AAA quality under these circumstances. You have to change your attitude and give devs a little more slack, it's infinitely easier to be an ivory tower critic than it is to create this stuff and its RARELY professional quality.
Lets not drop down to binary hate mode and fan defense mode.
And you can easily say something is poor or bad without having to expect AAA quality, there's an infinite amount of quality levels. Lets not strawman.

Earlier on the thread there was a game design discussion. My biggest disappointment was the decision to make it so much like GOR games, even though with the engine they had there was such a good opportunity to include it during gameplay. As opposed to other engines where it really is chopping a cutscene into the RPG maker engine say.

If you took L4D2 and had all the special infected grapples be Hentai, then you'd have something intergrated (smoker slow kill, Charger ground pound, Imp face thingy etc.). Things the player could view in game without it being a game over.

On top of that, clothing destruction could have easily been a thing without it being tied to game over. So naked bodies and/or even clothing destruction animations could have been a thing (another staple of Hentai games).

So if felt much more like a poor FPS (and yes bad it it's own right, not must compared to AAA), with Hentai GOR, as opposed to as advertised a FPS Hentai game. Which to me should mean Hentai intergrated into the game (and no the sex/health cut scene doesn't count).

I'm glad it's enough for some and they got funding, and hope they expand it on the next one. As far as I can guess, I don't see any reason if they did the above changes that it would turn OFF the players that are ok with the current system, but it would bring in those who want more. If it would, I'd be curious to know why.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a respectable effort especially for their first game(?). To me on the scale of fun vs suffering it was close enough to the middle that I didn't find the H-content to be worth several hours of it, and I wanted to explain why I felt that way.

If we don't demand quality from the market, we won't get it. I'm well aware that criticism is cheap. Even though I want to see more FPS in this niche of gaming, this is a good example of why they're so rare.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If we don't demand quality from the market, we won't get it. I'm well aware that criticism is cheap. Even though I want to see more FPS in this niche of gaming, this is a good example of why they're so rare.
When 3D work get's involved Quality seems to be the big button, if we did a minor comparison lets say to H-Doom (hentai doom) it's just sprites versus the modeled characters and rigging with bones, animating frame by frame, and ontop of that the texturing.

I see where you are coming from in terms of your criticism and comments. FPS hentai games are indeed extremely rare to see, the fact that this is done on the UE4 engine is great because it means it can be edited and modified if the devs see fit to allow the community to help develop it further.

Most of us seem to not like the current death versions being very similar and the Game over Rapes, while they do have in game raping (granted its mostly you raping them or the game over rape that lasts at most... 20 seconds or so before game over if you dont try to save them).

The game to my knowledge is not finished, they have in the end game gallery a DEATH animation for the Sci Fi seats but it leads you to the rape animations in game instead. This may lead us to believe there is more rapes/deaths coming in the future updates.

Spending almost 2 hours though in the defend missions without really anything special than sitting in a corner and unloading ammo, yeah that was certainly dull and boring as all hell, their running through the caverns and the scifi halls was actually a different feel and quite nice, maybe if they didn't keep us stuck and forced into a linear thing like that the game could be more interesting.

Creating a 3D Game though with a limited team or even by one's own self can certainly be a slow process, this is their first game and most of their assets were using the free assets, maybe they are using this more or less just for coding purposes and eventually they will get their hands on a copy of Zbrush and Studiomax/maya (substance as well for texturing) and create a higher quality game.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If anyone here has a voice with the Dev. request a death scene skip button. annoyed that i have to watch the entire scene instead of just the rape part tbh.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Or better, remove death scenes entirely.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

If anyone here has a voice with the Dev. request a death scene skip button. annoyed that i have to watch the entire scene instead of just the rape part tbh.
Personally, I just made a video and record the part I want.. and save. Easier than loading the game and selecting the scene o_O

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

When 3D work get's involved Quality seems to be the big button, if we did a minor comparison lets say to H-Doom (hentai doom) it's just sprites versus the modeled characters and rigging with bones, animating frame by frame, and ontop of that the texturing.

I see where you are coming from in terms of your criticism and comments. FPS hentai games are indeed extremely rare to see, the fact that this is done on the UE4 engine is great because it means it can be edited and modified if the devs see fit to allow the community to help develop it further.

Most of us seem to not like the current death versions being very similar and the Game over Rapes, while they do have in game raping (granted its mostly you raping them or the game over rape that lasts at most... 20 seconds or so before game over if you dont try to save them).

The game to my knowledge is not finished, they have in the end game gallery a DEATH animation for the Sci Fi seats but it leads you to the rape animations in game instead. This may lead us to believe there is more rapes/deaths coming in the future updates.

Spending almost 2 hours though in the defend missions without really anything special than sitting in a corner and unloading ammo, yeah that was certainly dull and boring as all hell, their running through the caverns and the scifi halls was actually a different feel and quite nice, maybe if they didn't keep us stuck and forced into a linear thing like that the game could be more interesting.

Creating a 3D Game though with a limited team or even by one's own self can certainly be a slow process, this is their first game and most of their assets were using the free assets, maybe they are using this more or less just for coding purposes and eventually they will get their hands on a copy of Zbrush and Studiomax/maya (substance as well for texturing) and create a higher quality game.
The thing is, a doom wad would probably be the easiest way to make a h-fps that didn't suck

pewpewsmurf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Did you pay for the game? Else I don't see why that much hate for a game that is pretty decent(actually very good for doujin standard)
Personally I enjoyed the game a whole lot. Other than how derp face the characters look in 3D mode and the lack of H enemies, the art is very nice and pacing is good(2nd stage that makes you defend the red girl is awesome).

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score

Did you pay for the game? Else I don't see why that much hate for a game that is pretty decent(actually very good for doujin standard)
Personally I enjoyed the game a whole lot. Other than how derp face the characters look in 3D mode and the lack of H enemies, the art is very nice and pacing is good(2nd stage that makes you defend the red girl is awesome).
Don't know what you read, but what I see is constructive criticism and a quite civil discussion for the most part. Wouldn't say it is "that much hate".

LucaDiGreg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess we're all a little spoiled when we're in 2017, with rigs running GTX1080s and playing Destiny or Titanfall 2 on high settings or whatever, but I'd give the devs some leeway.
I couldn't hold myself with these comparisons, in terms of FPS you'd better get a taste of the real quality, not just the "blingy" ones. The games he^ mentioned (L4D and Killing Floor) are the best in terms of Quality and very similar in genre, while Titanfall and Destiny are hardly corner-stones for the FPS industry. If you wanna spoil yourself do it right; your standards might otherwise be unnecessarily low.
(Edit: I know I should very neckbeard-ed here, I hope you get the sense of the post as in advising some good FPS and not criticizing the tastes)

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I couldn't hold myself with these comparisons, in terms of FPS you'd better get a taste of the real quality, not just the "blingy" ones. The games he^ mentioned (L4D and Killing Floor) are the best in terms of Quality and very similar in genre, while Titanfall and Destiny are hardly corner-stones for the FPS industry. If you wanna spoil yourself do it right; your standards might otherwise be unnecessarily low.
(Edit: I know I should very neckbeard-ed here, I hope you get the sense of the post as in advising some good FPS and not criticizing the tastes)
Yeah haha, that original point actually went way over my head; I wasn't thinking of those comparisons to RotD but stupidly on their own merit as games. I was sorta trying to think of, as you said, aesthetically pleasing, "blingy" modern FPS's to illustrate my point as a contrast to RotD, but you're right in that they're very different games anyway. Of course, I love those games myself, so meh.

Back to the original post from Jesus that started this, I'll agree on the notion that we should just hope this is simply the beginning for these devs and they could springboard from this game, learn from their mistakes, improve their software/ideas, and come up with a better game in a few years. If not, at the very least, maybe some other dev(s) could take this idea, improve upon it, and release their own. Competition in the gaming industry should be a good thing for us.

Maybe I was being a bit biased myself. Even though I acknowledge the game was not even close to rivaling any non-H FPS game released in the last ten years, I think I was trying to defend it because it contained preferences--male MC who can rape the companions, (eventually) English language, and of course, FPS--that are a bit more uncommon as tropes, especially combined, in the H-gaming community. That and zombies. Who doesn't love killing zombies?

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

From what I remember the dev posted on their roadmap, in December-ish they'll be looking back at what was successful and what could be improved upon, then plan out their next game (if this one was successful enough).

Anonposter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"waaaah remove gore entirely"

Some of us enjoy gore, you're fetish shaming in a forum filled with cuckolds, lolicons, and people who enjoy the concept of sex change. Stop trying to impose your morals on what can very well be considered a "cesspit" of depravity.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Some of us enjoy gore, you're fetish shaming in a forum filled with cuckolds, lolicons, and people who enjoy the concept of sex change. Stop trying to impose your morals on what can very well be considered a "cesspit" of depravity.
This

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

spreading the word of god you are.

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Us perverts got to stick together. Remember, every last one of us is a pervert to someone. Even total vanilla is still "cartoon sex" to most people who would judge us.

Our would-be judges would not take a moment to distinguish between furries, lolis, tentacle fans, deformedly large breast syndrome-ers (couldn't think of a shorter term), vore, gore, ryona, etc. Even knowing the word "unbirth" would probably out you.

Additionally, perverts all stuck together would probably find it... easier... to do perverted things.

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"I don't like looking at this, please add a way to skip it."

"MY FETISH IS BEING ATTACKED, STOP IMPOSING YOUR MORALS ON OTHERS"

Hey look I can do that too. Settle down, nobody's going after your fetish.

Darkstrain

Reputation score

"I don't like looking at this, please add a way to skip it."

"MY FETISH IS BEING ATTACKED, STOP IMPOSING YOUR MORALS ON OTHERS"

Hey look I can do that too. Settle down, nobody's going after your fetish.
"LOOK I AM SO MATURE BECAUSE I CAN STRAWMAN"

the rabbit hole is always deeper.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Uhhh...just trying to understand the argument and angry words here.

Is there anything wrong with wanting the option to remove or hide guro/gore? Personally, I'd rather not have that in the game myself, as that (unlike other unwanted personal fetishes such as yuri, urination, or scat) would make it entirely unplayable for me. However, I also understand that others DO want that, therefore I'd be fine with guro being optional to satisfy both parties.

I mean, I get the slippery slope argument in that we could potentially be forced to have options for all fetishes in order to cater to everyone's likes and dislikes. However, IMHO, guro is such a strong anti-fetish and is disliked by enough people to warrant the option to turn that particular fetish off, especially since guro isn't the core fetish of the game anyway. Again, not saying I'd want it removed completely because I get others do like it, but I'd prefer to be able to play through without it.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Uhhh...just trying to understand the argument and angry words here.

Is there anything wrong with wanting the option to remove or hide guro/gore? Personally, I'd rather not have that in the game myself, as that (unlike other unwanted personal fetishes such as yuri, urination, or scat) would make it entirely unplayable for me. However, I also understand that others DO want that, therefore I'd be fine with guro being optional to satisfy both parties.

I mean, I get the slippery slope argument in that we could potentially be forced to have options for all fetishes in order to cater to everyone's likes and dislikes. However, IMHO, guro is such a strong anti-fetish and is disliked by enough people to warrant the option to turn that particular fetish off, especially since guro isn't the core fetish of the game anyway. Again, not saying I'd want it removed completely because I get others do like it, but I'd prefer to be able to play through without it.
I don't even know if that's the issue. It started without direct quotes so don't know if it's against the one asking for choice to skip..

Or the other post which was
'Or better, remove death scenes entirely. '

Or maybe someone thinks it was against the one, when it was against the other.

Two very different things. Don't know why anyone would be against having a choice, because otherwise any fetish you might like could be removed if not a main part, as opposed to being skippable. Choices add more ability to add content.