What's new

RPG Patreon Active [TeamDeadDeer] Price for Freedom: Avarice

TeamDeadDeer

Reputation score

Summary

Price for Freedom: Avarice is a top down CRPG, heavily inspired by CRPG’s such as Baldurs Gate, Shadowrun, and others of the genre.. So prepare for a hefty amount of text, NPC’s, characters, and companions! Based on the in the same setting and region, this game tells the stories of different characters, in another town, and another time. The format will allow our team to drastically expand the world lore, side stories, and overall depth.
Just as the original webcomic the game includes adult material, integrated naturally with the story and game flow. Adult material will be dedicated CG animated scenes with supportive narration. Combat does not include adult material, so no "lose to get smut reward" scenario.

Play

Screenshots

18531 18532 18533 18534 18535 18536 18540

Attachments

Last edited:

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm definitely interested, surprised this hasn't crossed my radar until now.

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
can i get multiple endings?can i get a waifu?THIS IS IMPORTANT.

OP
TeamDeadDeer

TeamDeadDeer

Reputation score
can i get multiple endings?can i get a waifu?THIS IS IMPORTANT.
There will be multiple endings eventually, and the companions will have romance options depending on your choices.

Also, the patreon build 8 is out, meet Iski the Kobold.

Last edited:

ryproar

Reputation score
First off tried the public game and I loved it. The combat is nice and you don't seem to force the sexual parts on people who just want to kill and maim things. So you will definitely be getting a pledge from me on this one. It kind of reminds me of how Divinity : original sin 2 plays in ap and movement, but with a grid. Like I said loving it! Just one question though. Is the naga just an NPC or will she become a party member? Just wondering because there is not a single game where the snakes are "allies" in any way.

OP
TeamDeadDeer

TeamDeadDeer

Reputation score
First off tried the public game and I loved it. The combat is nice and you don't seem to force the sexual parts on people who just want to kill and maim things. So you will definitely be getting a pledge from me on this one. It kind of reminds me of how Divinity : original sin 2 plays in ap and movement, but with a grid. Like I said loving it! Just one question though. Is the naga just an NPC or will she become a party member? Just wondering because there is not a single game where the snakes are "allies" in any way.
Thanks for the kind words.
We planned 4 companions in total, and Hiho - the naga - is one of them.
She can already be part of your party if you talk to her after her quest. Same with Samara.

Last edited:

ryproar

Reputation score
Really? That is awesome. I just find that when you have a game like this it would be a crime to not include the exotic races as well in combat. That is why I fell in love the Divinity series. If you keep adding more party members like that I may have to pay for a collector's edition when it comes out. (y)

STALKERXXZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Great game which made catch flashbacks from Baldur's Gate which I played many hours.
Good art, nice animations and interesting plot, make this game very pleasant.

OP
TeamDeadDeer

TeamDeadDeer

Reputation score
Build14.jpg

New update! The free version is available here:

PUBLIC CHANGES:
Iski's second scene is now public! You can get robbed, twice! Go do it.

PATREON UPDATES:
The focus on this update has been, well, as you can see... Samara! We have touched up her beginning quest in a few ways and hopefully, this fixes some issues that arose. The changes are focused on the ending, and I'll be doing a sweep of the rest in order to add in companion dialogues throughout the whole quest. I'll likely edit it too when I do so.

We then added a brand new quest! Her second character development quest. To do this you need to finish Whispering Brook's questline and then visit the end. Samara will be a few cups deep at the bar. Be careful on this quest and save often. as always!

This update also touches on Samara's combat animations, updated by our second artist ZlaSlova! We have also tried introducing a new artist who has done a few character sprites, and I hope to announce who this artist is soon if they decide to sign on with us in the long haul :>. Please give us feedback on her animations.

CHANGELOG
  • [Patreon] Samara new quests.
  • [Patreon] Samara scene with 3 animated CG.
  • [Patreon] 3 Samara pinups.
  • [Public] Iski second scene.
  • Samara sprite rework.
  • Reworked Samara first quest.
  • New pirates enemies sprites and abilities.
  • Samara theme soundtrack (2 variants).
  • Nathan's Inn theme soundtrack (2 variants).
  • 5 collectible pictures.
  • 5 new locations (Galleon).
Hope you all have fun and enjoy the update!