What's new

Teladran Forest

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This small forest was once part of the Elder Forest, but was cut off due to early expansions by House Gallias. In recent years, it was rumored to be the location of a group of Imperial mages working on various materials.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Teladran Forest

It is probably two hours after sunset when Isha and Kara find a suitable place to set up camp. It doesn't take long for them to do so, and as the fire starts up to the point where it will sustain itself, Isha "I would much rather appear as a friend here, or at least neutral. Until we leave for friendlier territory again, I am Isha Stormfeather, Half-elven mercenary. I don't know if you've raised the Imperials ire since we last met, but I would suggest a pseudonym, your family is one of the better-known clans of the Irongrad. Hopefully, you've got a while to think about it before someone happens upon us." She pulls her cloak up over her head once more before speaking again.

"So who has first watch tonight?"

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah'll take i', then, lass." The dwarf smiles, "An' I'll be travelin' under 'ta name Karyn Blackforge. 'Ta Blackforge clan be one o' the Empire's strongest suppor'ers among us Irongrads."

She readies her automatic crossbow, affixing one of the drums of ammunition and setting another of the wrist-sized branches into the fire. She chooses to stand her watch, keeping on the alert and stalking periodically to different vantage points.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Good choice then," Isha says appreciatively, then hunkers down against a tree and quickly falls asleep.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kara walks her post, her crossbow at the ready, prowling the immediate area but staying within the fire's light. She occasionally adds to the fire.

As her watch ends, she gently shakes Isha's shoulder. "Time, lass." The dwarf then trades spots with the Kaliveran, resting in the warmed spot.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha jumps awake again, then gets up and starts her watch. Once again she takes out the rapier and begins practicing. It cuts the air in increasingly hard to follow patterns, with Isha twisting and flowing along behind it. She stops to stoke the fire a couple times, and about about an hour before sunrise, she stops completely and sits down on the ground cross-legged, meditating and focusing her awareness on her surroundings. Once the first rays of daylight reach her through the forest, she gets up and wakes Kara then gathers her things.

"Rise and shine Miss Blackforge, we have a long day ahead of us, and only a vague idea of where we're going. Any thoughts on that?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Pale

Reputation score

The knocking sounds would quite probably go mistaken among the sounds common in a forest... woodpeckers, animals, birdsong, and of course, weary travellers.

Before too long, though, an irregular, solid knocking would slowly become louder, and louder, closer and closer. A deeper and thicker note than a woodpecker, sounding, rather, in fact, like someone hitting trees with a stick.

Which was, actually, exactly what it was.

Information is getting harder, and harder to come by.. Of course, it doesn't help to be over in the West when things begin to move over here. Thankfully, though, it seems that all is not yet said and done...

A brown, hooded figure becomes visible through the trees for a moment, slowly picking it's way towards the camp through a slightly wandering route. Something is clearly slightly wrong with the figure's navigational senses, as it seems to wind round in circles towards the camp, however, the overall destination never changes. Perhaps the obvious limp on the right leg could account for it.

That's not all that's wrong, though. Standing nearly as tall as the figure itself, the staff it carries, a curious red in colour, is being used as a sort of divining stick, swinging in a gentle circle to ward off hostile trees, and other impediments. Finally, the figure steps from the underbrush into the small, cleared circle the pair chose for their camp, and looks up.

A pointless gesture, though, since as the hood drops back, the red cloth over the wearer's eyes becomes obvious. Her sightless gaze casts around almost at random, in the manner of the blind..

"I bid you a good morning, friends.. I was directed here by a most helpful little bird, who told me that you might be able to help me find Eric Kaliverus.."

And, thankfully, the forest was deserted, apart from that messenger.. so the blindfold was only necessary for the last hundred meters or so.

The voice, and the face, though half-veiled by the blindfold, reveal the speaker as female, and an interesting, lilting accent betrays her as Western Kaliveran.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha has been mentally tracing the sound for some time, and when the newcomer finally enters the camp, Isha is standing between her and Kara, who is still groggily getting up.

"Hail, friend. We are also looking for Elric, in a manner of speaking. May I have the pleasure of your name?" She asks in a friendly manner, recognizing the cadence of her voice as Western Kaliveran.

Last edited:

Pale

Reputation score

An eyebrow quirks, an odd gesture over the blindfold, and the robed figure shifts to lean on her staff a little more heavily. She remains silent for a moment, then smiles.

"It is a pleasure to be greeted as such. I'm Kiyohime, more commonly Kiyo."

Her feet shuffle, one moving back, apparently for a courtesy, then remembering that such a gesture is rather inappropriate for the situation.

"I am sorry, though.. Looking for Lord Kaliverus? I was told you knew where he was.. He has something of great personal value to me.."

Yes he does. My history.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, welcome to our little camp, Kiyo, have a seat. I am Isha, and my sleepy dwarven friend is Kara." Isha settles herself down to the ground, though she remains tense, she doesn't completely trust the newcomer just yet. "Your bird did not lie to you, we do know where he was, but since the battle at Calladris he has disappeared. I believe there's a clue to finding him hidden in a nearby shrine somewhere in this forest, that's where we are headed now. You may join us, if you feel you are up to it. Why do you search for him, if I may ask?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo's eyes cannot follow Isha's movement, so she turns only when the girl speaks again. The invitation to sit is accepted, and she kneels slowly, after sweeping the ground before her with her staff.

"A nearby shrine.. there was no mention of that. Most perplexing, yet I must find him. I shall accompany you, if you would permit it. I assure you, I am no dead weight to any group."

There is a pause as she considers the final question.

Well, they say, there is no deception like the truth.Or some of it.

"I think.. I think he knew my parents. I never did."

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kara lays on her back, against the same tree, but her crossbow, still loaded, is out and trained on the newcomer. The safety, however, is still on.

"I never heard of no talking bahrds. I thank ye'd bes' explain yerself a wee bi' better, lass."

She smiled as she spoke, and the dwarf's smile was evident in her voice, but at the same time there was a hint of steel under those words. Dwarven eyes scrutinized every move of this new Kaliveran, though the safety remained on.

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo finds herself wondering, for a moment, what bards would be doing in a forest, then she realises. Birds. Another shift, this time to lay the staff across her knees, balanced perfectly.

"Ah, I am afraid.. it would compromise the safety of my source to tell you his name. Simply let it be known that he is a friend, and one that provides me with important information from time to time, in between his work - it requires him, you see to journey regularly across the land."

I was simply lucky I recognised him on his way back, and extracted the information from him as to where his most recent assignment was, and WHAT it was. Else this chance could have passed me up."

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The dwarf shoots Isha a single look that speaks her mind. Watch this one carefully. Kara attaches her crossbow to her belt. She stands, moves forward and clasps the right wrist of the newcomer with her right hand.

"Well and well and well me', our two ta yer one. We'd bes' be travelin' on quickly, if we're ta make 'eadway on this day."

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo of course missed the look that passed between her two, new companions, but she heard the sound of someone stirring, and moving towards her. A female voice, it had been, if heavily accented, and her toes curl underneath her, ready to move.

The grip at her wrist comes as a surprise, as always. This blindfold...

Kiyo almost treats the grip as hostile, then remembers herself, and curls her own, considerably more slender, fingers around the offered arm.

Calloused hands.. rough voice.. smith? Of course, dwarf.

With that in mind, Kiyo's grip firms, and she raises her head just slightly, to look into where she imagines the other's eyes would be.

"Kiyohime. Pleased to meet you... Kara?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha nods at Kara's comment, then stands and grabs the last of the supplies. "I agree, we have an entire forest to search for that shrine in, we should get going."

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kara releases the clasp gently. "Ayuh, Kara. We be travelin' in no' so friendly lan's now, so jes' call me Karyn Blackforge i' we should encounter any o' them Imperial types."

She rises, buckling on her pack. "Be ye ready to see wha' lies in wait fer us? The road beckons."

Pale

Reputation score

A small, wry smile flits across the brunette's lips, if only for a moment.

"Ready, I am.. yet not, exactly, to see. I fear, you must take care to walk heavy, that I may follow your footsteps. Take care, though, for I must use my staff to find the trees that bar my way.."

She stands with a single, smooth movement, before stumbling a little as her right leg takes a little too much weight. As ever, the staff is there to support her, and the blind woman straightens.

"Lead on, then, friends!"

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The dwarf glances at Isha and then back to Kiyo. "Er... whah no' jes' 'ang on ta Isha's backpack? Then ye ken follow a' a faster pace."

Pale

Reputation score

A hint of colour rises to Kiyo's cheeks, but only for a moment. Her composure returns as quickly as it had fled.

Curse this blindness...

"I.. I.. did not think, of that. If I may.... Isha?"

She reaches out, seeking a strap, or a buckle to cling to.