OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Teladran Forest

Once that they get out to the plains, something catches their eye...a group of the Kaliveran wolves, all seeming to be grouped around something on the ground. Within seconds, one begins a mournful sounding howl. The others take it up.

Should the group approach, they'd see the body of a courier, badly mangled yet still holding a message bag. Something has happened.

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo flinches at the howl.. though the stench on the breeze, and the unaccustomed silence of her companions told her something was up. With a wince, she releases the strap, then steps to one side, leaning heavily on her staff.

"Isha, if you would... be my eyes?"

Spoken in a hushed tone. The howl spoke of wolves, and wolves were not beasts to be loud around,

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha goes to check on the courier, trying to calm the wolves as she passes by them. "There's a dead Kaliveran messenger here Kiyo, and I have a hunch I know exactly which one."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The wolves let Isha pass without even a growl. The messenger did, in fact, have the colors of one of General Arianna's couriers, but it wasn't the same one from before.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha checks his body and the messenger bag for anything of importance and gets the wolves ready for riding. There wasn't enough time for a burial, so she'd have to just leave him there. As she's searching, she speaks to Kiyo.

"When's the last time you rode a wolf, Kiyo?"

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo stares blindly on, seemingly unaffected by the news. Of course, she didn't have to look at his face.. She looks around, surprised, though, when Isha asks about riding a wolf.

"Ah.... not since my childhood.."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The bag held three things. First was a folded battle standard. Then was something that might confirm what had happened...the tiara-like band that Elric had given General Arianna as an insignia of her command. The last was a note, written in Arianna's hand. "The Imperials struck the camp. Those who could escape have. They are headed for the Forest of Twilight. If Kara Steamhammer is with you, the group sent into the lands around the city have sent word that the workshop is set up. Isha Breananin, the command of what survives this is yours."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha sits at the messenger's body for a long moment, tiara in one hand and note in the other, before shrugging off her pack and carefully packing the tiara and standard away. Once done, she stands and hands Kiyo the reigns to one of the wolves, helping her up if needed. "We should get going, no sense wasting time here. It would also seem that Kara here is needed elsewhere." She says slowly, handing the note over to the dwarf. Her voice is a mixture of several emotions, grief, sadness, regret.

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo takes the reigns, and with the assistance of her staff, vaults lightly onto the wolf's back, holding it easily in place with more expertise than she professed.

"Is that it? What news? What of our Lord? Has he fallen?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha looks back to the forest for a second, still concerned about being overheard by the rumoured mages, then shrugs and answers the question.

"The Imperials hit our main force, whats left of the army is in full retreat. there was also a message for Kara, that she's reading now." She says simply, leaving out the rest of the message.

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo winces. What's left of the army.. chances, did not sound good. What could possible have happened to Elric..?

After all, without his patronage, I have no chance of revealing myself, and my eyes... it's his protection I need to simply keep myself from the gallows.

"I... see. Where, then, are we to head?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Kara finishes reading the note, and looks up at Isha with a concerned look. "Ye be sure, Lass?" Isha just nods, and Kara does as well, handing the note back and climbing onto a wolf herself. She gives Isha a look that pretty much says "Watch that one, I still don't trust her." and motions to Kiyo, then heads off to the northwest.

Isha stows the note with the banner and Tiara, then turns back to Kiyo as she mounts. "For now, we head for Fort Telladran, on the southern edge of the plains. I have a feeling we'll need to go one more place after that before we see Elric again." She says, then heads off across the plains once again.

Pale

Reputation score

Kiyo's face falls, her disappointment obvious even with the blindfold covering a good proportion of her features.

"But he's... the only one.. cure me.."

These words are spoken quietly, more to herself than anyone else, and the blind woman gives herself over to the ride, adapting surprisingly well for her professed inexperience.