What's new

Temple of the Elders: OOC Chat (FINALLY PLAYABLE)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Temple of the Elders: OOC Chat

Okay, posted my test character. The stats are starting to get complicated in DG4 (square roots? srsly?). Either that or I fail at the maths :eek:. I'm up for either solo or group play.
Those were already a thing, and have been since like, DG2. I simply haven't found a mathematical function that is both simpler and produces a similar curve. We're all doing this on computers and smartphones anyway, and even the basic Windows calculator program has the square root sign.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Bleh, then I guess in addition to failing at maths, I also fail at rememberings ><.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To you folks who already made characters, I fixed a thing in the base DG4 mechanics that made Dodge easy to (sort of) break. Your bonuses from stats not cleanly divisible by ten are halved, as can be seen in ye example and on the sheet now. That was how it was originally intended to be, but the formulas for the mechanics have flipped around a lot while in production and I was on autopilot while making edits, which happens a lot.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The new DG4 enchantments are not done either. Before DG4 can start (provided I finally get level 1 alone done), I'll need some word on how peeps will fix up their gear from you, Tass.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Zilrax said:
zilrax: You might want to forbid the Artifact talent for this thing.
zilrax: Unless you want someone running around with an 1000 denarii object atop their 20 gp :p
Considering currently, I'm not allowing items to be sold to the Trader in TotE, you shouldn't take the Artifact Holder talent as it will be useless.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey, I'm workin on it! :p

Edit: Also, with that 20 dosh for gear, it's pretty hard to pick up decent gear. A weapon alone is 10-15 dosh, with the better guns sometimes costing even more. No good armor is also a problem, though the wealth Talent can obviously make up for this, that's spending an entire talent on gear.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, the 20 doshnarii figure was made using the figures from DG3, where all weapons costed 10 doshnarii. I'll have to revise things for DG4

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@Zilrax's character sheet: Wielders don't get a free extra Talent anymore in DG4.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Whoops. Fixed. So guess spirit powers for spirit users is optional now? hehe.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Working on this again, and thanks to a busy life combo'd with TASS RUINING EVERYTHING, I've discovered a way to overcome his changes to Stealth and Perception!

... Ignoring them completely! Since TotE treats those two like many other stats, Resistance and etc, for completing Events, it's incredibly awkward to treat them differently. Where would they go if you find a shrine to spend exp at? How would the growth work per floor? Too much brain pain. In TotE they're still secondary stats, and not trades. They will be included in the list of general talents to upgrade and the like. This thankfully means I don't have to come up with a new way to handle them out of my ass and then balance for it, all because they want to be their own special snowflakes. GET BACK IN LINE YOU TWO, YOU'RE NOT MORE SPECIAL THEN MISTER SMASH SMASH OR MISS SNOO SNOO!

Also, expect me to open up floor 1 really soon, and work on it from there. The PbP format will give me a lot of time and so will christmas.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Temple of the Elders: OOC Chat (FINALLY PLAYABLE)

How soon is soon? Apparently when I cannot go to sleep and then it's 3 hours later.

Game is playable now. Whooooo!

Though the only person who's been here in the past few months is xivvix. Sooo.

It might just ironically die, my poor roguelite. ;3;

Zilrax

Reputation score

I'll have to go remind myself on mechanics but I'll poke about it.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh right zil, your chara is pretty supportive. She'll need some help out yonder. Or something. Unless you wanna do solo or just make 1-2 more charas to aid her.

Zilrax

Reputation score

I think I built her at the time under the assumption three of us were going in. But it's been two years so I don't exactly remember.

I'll look it over and decide which I wanna do. Probably by sunday since it's late and tommorow I'm busy most the day.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wazzis? A thing? *looks at stuff* A thing! I'd be interested in helping if you need other players?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd love some more players. I'm wondering what changes might be needed for the future to make it better so I'm open to suggestions.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Surrender Chart (Beta) added to Temples Thread

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Everyone else seems to be fighting a heck of a lot.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

No shit. I've been rolling a lot of enemies, apparently.

By the way, RJ. How is spending exp handled? Do we need to luck out and find an altar or are there other ways of doing so?