What's new

ACT [Terrarium] Anthophobia (RJ166403)

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Anthophobia

Speaking of easter egg, have you found two hidden easter eggs?

You need to find them to finish your achievement XD
Although I played the game twice through and turned off the Light FX in the 2nd run I didn't encounter anything like that so far.

And I just noticed that the achievements have a description o.o

I'm missing the "Give some love to lonely one"
"Try to bomb yourself" (Edit: Figured that out really fast, lol)
"Watch your head"
And the last two "???" achievements ... seems that I'll do a 3rd playthrough!

Last edited:

shadowuy

Reputation score

Is there a complete save file with this version? i cannot be bother to play such a trolling game.

Reputation score

Are you supposed to be unable to escape the first part of the tree grab animation? It seems like the update screwed up the forest monsters and made it very obnoxious to progress.

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You mean challenging, is even worth to play without the H
I agree that the game is extremely challenging, the stamina bar especially makes it pretty hard, b/c you can't just spam melee attacks which usually prominent in survival games like this (just imagine RE 4&5 with limited knife use).

But the thing is, without the H content, I dunno, I guess it would be pretty much less interesting? I mean the theme of infection is through the sexual intercourse, and without it you'll just get another RE copies.

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Are you supposed to be unable to escape the first part of the tree grab animation? It seems like the update screwed up the forest monsters and made it very obnoxious to progress.
Naw, they were always like that. First, they grab you and stare on her. While that, your struggle bar doesn't increase. Only after they assult you

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I'm a bit frustrated at myself, I remember buying this awsome game back when Kimochi wasn't tied with Nutaku and such.

But I believe the email I used with said account is no longer accessible, because fuck yahoo having no support line to recover your account.

Oh well, I'll just have to buy the game again when I get some extra money :D

Always worth the extra quality!
Oh, If i'm not too late, could you send me a PM plz? I might able to help.

Is there a complete save file with this version? i cannot be bother to play such a trolling game.
or you can just use cheat code and enjoy the super EZPZ piece of cake mode :p

Oh, that part was intended. It's part of "heavy penalty" when you get caught by imposter(tree zombie). After all, you don't get damage by first part of animation, right? ;)

try weeping angel game with them and spot them first before they get you.
You can one shot with any attack if you attack them before they attack you.

I agree that the game is extremely challenging, the stamina bar especially makes it pretty hard, b/c you can't just spam melee attacks which usually prominent in survival games like this (just imagine RE 4&5 with limited knife use).

But the thing is, without the H content, I dunno, I guess it would be pretty much less interesting? I mean the theme of infection is through the sexual intercourse, and without it you'll just get another RE copies.
Thanks for the review, I don't think stamina system is limited knife usage. it's more like stamina from dark souls system. Protagonist melee attack don't have limited use tho :p

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score

SJ, will Anthophobia 2 feature a new protagonist? and didn't exactly notice this from watching gameplay, but does reloading gun when the bullets still full wastes a clip? nice detail if so.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

SJ, will Anthophobia 2 feature a new protagonist? and didn't exactly notice this from watching gameplay, but does reloading gun when the bullets still full wastes a clip? nice detail if so.
Think Resident Evil 2, Sumire will appear with a new design too.

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

The only real downside to this game for me is lack of futanari content (though the first female zombie and tree-monsters do get sort of close to it?). Other than that, it's a huge hit, and I can see this being one of those games talked about for years and held up as a standard for others to strive to.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

One of the easter eggs is in early stage 2B. You have to pick up a somewhat obscured gas canister, turn on a generator with it, and then backtrack a bit to find what that generator powers.

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can´t get last CG image of game overs, in page 2, where there are only 6

All bosses beaten

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

I've noticed a potential bug in the new gallery. When you loop part of an animation with the blank space between the zombie neko and the female tree, the sound effects are muted, could this be fixed potentially?

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

All bosses beaten
The last CG in the classic content was the weakest mob. So, when the additional page is mainly about the extra stages and you're missing the last one, that must then mean ...?!

Riosthename

Reputation score

I made an account just to be able to say this, hahah

I am super impressed with this game. I've played quite a few hentai games lately, and this one is by far, one of my favorites.

I'm going into college for game development, so I have a few questions -

What is the game made in? Game maker, or something else? Was it coded in Javascript, or C#? I'm very curious!

Nevertheless, I'm very stoked to see what else this game has in store. As silly as it sounds, it'll probably influence me in my game making career, down the line.

ambrosia2431

Reputation score

I got a coupon from DL site and managed to snag this for $1 when I included all my saved up points. I was impressed enough that I jumped onto the Patreon to buy the uncensored copy JUST so I could get the whole experience!

I've slowly expanded my collection of H games since ye olde Jungle Girl first appeared on Newgrounds. Honestly this far outshines both Barrage and Lab Still Alive. I never thought I was a fan of plant sex aside from the odd vore picture, but you just planted (lol) a new kink in my mind. I'd like to give a bit of a review on the game.

The Great

I love the variety of sex that appears in this game. Most games focus either on mindbreaking or at least just animal rut types of assault. Yours has both of these and a good many examples of actual tenderness from the plant zombie hordes. It's one thing to have a woman wrapped around a creature because a spreading infection is making her lose her inhibitions, it is quite another when the monster is caressing her, offering her grapes, or they're forever conjoined in their final act of ecstasy.

Long story short, it's oddly refreshing to see happy sex in a child of run or rape and survival horror.

The protagonist looks great. The artwork is heads and tails above the originals. The newer sex scenes that you've added are quite in depth.

There was a good amount of nervousness going through the levels, especially on hard. Stereo and differences in distance for sounds led to a great deal of immersion. Couldn't tell you how many times I heard a mimic plant plinking towards me while I was fighting a small horde and had to make the rushed decision to track it down or risk getting my crotch sniffed.

The Improvable

I will say that a bit more variety on melee swings would be nice. The jump swing ought to do more damage since there's more energy used, more exposure to being hit, and more difficulty in making it connect with a skull.

It would be nice if there was a way to recharge the cat zombie smex meter without getting forcibly stripped or losing her to the plants. The thumbnail has the protag doing a bit of paffu paffu on the cat zombie's breast, maybe you could sex the zombie girl up to raise the meter at the risk of being instantly assaulted if you raise it to 100% and she gets too riled up?

Personal Requests

Just 2 things really and they're purely artistic.

Nipples: I see that they're showing up in newer scenes and I know that you're replacing the older sex scenes, but it's a well known fact that the best way to make a 5 lb sack of fat sexy is to slap a nipple on it. In my personal view, it would round out the protag's nude form and add a bit of eye candy to the sex scenes. A few pink pixels perhaps? Maybe just for the Patreon version since it is already uncensored?

A bit of foliage: I know that you said you were saving any blatant transformation for something later, but I found the few cases of small leaves sprouting out of the protag's body during the losing art to be a MASSIVE turnon (once again, didn't know plant sex was a thing of mine). Would it eventually be possible to add in a odd sign of infection at the game over screen?

All in all, I think that it's awesome how much work, interaction, and genuine interest that you've done or had with the fans. You've certainly shown your passion for this project which I'm sure has piqued the perversion of your patrons and other plant procreation praising public!

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

All bosses beaten
that must be the Lion seed! :D(fluffy flying dandelion seed)

I've noticed a potential bug in the new gallery. When you loop part of an animation with the blank space between the zombie neko and the female tree, the sound effects are muted, could this be fixed potentially?
Ohhh---! thank you for the report! :D I'll let the programmer know about it!

I'll be mainly Sumire(Protagonist) with grown up shape, and male zombie protagonist :D

I made an account just to be able to say this, hahah
I am super impressed with this game. I've played quite a few hentai games lately, and this one is by far, one of my favorites.

I'm going into college for game development, so I have a few questions -

What is the game made in? Game maker, or something else? Was it coded in Javascript, or C#? I'm very curious!

Nevertheless, I'm very stoked to see what else this game has in store. As silly as it sounds, it'll probably influence me in my game making career, down the line.
Thank you for the comment! XD Anthophobia is based on GMS engine.

I got a coupon from DL site and managed to snag this for $1 when I included all my saved up points. I was impressed enough that I jumped onto the Patreon to buy the uncensored copy JUST so I could get the whole experience!

I've slowly expanded my collection of H games since ye olde Jungle Girl first appeared on Newgrounds. Honestly this far outshines both Barrage and Lab Still Alive. I never thought I was a fan of plant sex aside from the odd vore picture, but you just planted (lol) a new kink in my mind. I'd like to give a bit of a review on the game.

The Great

I love the variety of sex that appears in this game. Most games focus either on mindbreaking or at least just animal rut types of assault. Yours has both of these and a good many examples of actual tenderness from the plant zombie hordes. It's one thing to have a woman wrapped around a creature because a spreading infection is making her lose her inhibitions, it is quite another when the monster is caressing her, offering her grapes, or they're forever conjoined in their final act of ecstasy.

Long story short, it's oddly refreshing to see happy sex in a child of run or rape and survival horror.

The protagonist looks great. The artwork is heads and tails above the originals. The newer sex scenes that you've added are quite in depth.

There was a good amount of nervousness going through the levels, especially on hard. Stereo and differences in distance for sounds led to a great deal of immersion. Couldn't tell you how many times I heard a mimic plant plinking towards me while I was fighting a small horde and had to make the rushed decision to track it down or risk getting my crotch sniffed.

The Improvable

I will say that a bit more variety on melee swings would be nice. The jump swing ought to do more damage since there's more energy used, more exposure to being hit, and more difficulty in making it connect with a skull.

It would be nice if there was a way to recharge the cat zombie smex meter without getting forcibly stripped or losing her to the plants. The thumbnail has the protag doing a bit of paffu paffu on the cat zombie's breast, maybe you could sex the zombie girl up to raise the meter at the risk of being instantly assaulted if you raise it to 100% and she gets too riled up?

Personal Requests

Just 2 things really and they're purely artistic.

Nipples: I see that they're showing up in newer scenes and I know that you're replacing the older sex scenes, but it's a well known fact that the best way to make a 5 lb sack of fat sexy is to slap a nipple on it. In my personal view, it would round out the protag's nude form and add a bit of eye candy to the sex scenes. A few pink pixels perhaps? Maybe just for the Patreon version since it is already uncensored?

A bit of foliage: I know that you said you were saving any blatant transformation for something later, but I found the few cases of small leaves sprouting out of the protag's body during the losing art to be a MASSIVE turnon (once again, didn't know plant sex was a thing of mine). Would it eventually be possible to add in a odd sign of infection at the game over screen?

All in all, I think that it's awesome how much work, interaction, and genuine interest that you've done or had with the fans. You've certainly shown your passion for this project which I'm sure has piqued the perversion of your patrons and other plant procreation praising public!
Wow, thank you for the review with so much details! I'm saving melee combo idea for sequel since Anthophobia 2 will be more focused on action. also kitty female zombie was originally designed as orgy + meatshield + cute companion concept. so I'm not sure adding supercharge is necessary >.<;;

Now regarding nipples : I purposely removed nips on small sprites because I hate to call a square dot as nipple XD it's not my cup of tea.
you see, I added nipples on bigger image tho XD

Now the last one : the reason of corruption image was removed, was more like fenrir's taste tho ;_; I'm sorry.

AnonAgent

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi, just started playing the game and i would be lying to said i am not lost.

With respects Sourjelly, are you okay if we created a wikia solely for this game? With maps and pictures of the type of plant monsters (especially the female kitty) and discussions.

To be honest, its kinda hard to find out what we are looking for here.

ElPresidente

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

amazing.
The ending is
the protag is left with kitty?
Not bad.
I only wished there was female enemies (or just more female on female or futa on female action)

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi, just started playing the game and i would be lying to said i am not lost.

With respects Sourjelly, are you okay if we created a wikia solely for this game? With maps and pictures of the type of plant monsters (especially the female kitty) and discussions.

To be honest, its kinda hard to find out what we are looking for here.
Sure, as long as there's no core contents [ex : HCGs and H pixel animation]

I'm fine with making wikia.
Thank you! :D