What's new

Textractor help needed

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Is anyone else having trouble with textractor saying error while translating? It has been saying that for the last half day or so whenever I try to get to translate stuff altough vnr still works. I would appreciate any advice in trying to get textractor working again.

blerghit

Reputation score
Got the same thing, one day about half the lines textractor started outputting "error translating", then it only got worse and now all lines get "error translating"
Tried with both bing and google.
Both RPGmaker and wolf games suffer from this.
Using Textractor x86 v4.4.0
Have tried deleting and "reinstalling"(unpacking the zip DLed from )

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I believe the public API's that Textractor uses for Google/Bing translate are rate limited. It sounds pretty likely that you're hitting the rate limit somehow (which could be due to issues outside your control, like other people behind the same DNS - some ISPs do this, and indeed so do some countries).

I'd probably recommend that you just use Textractor for getting the text and then use an offline Translator like ATLAS to get the translation.

blerghit

Reputation score
Might look into getting a offline translator in the future to reduce translation lag, but the new update from 6 hours ago seems to have fixed the issue.