What's new

The East Gate

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: The East Gate

Misha starts to cry. "No! You were supposed to be our leader... Our..." she choked.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Orma's head snaps around at Saul's words, having not seen the Lycan get hit. Instantly she knows it's already too late for him judging by his appearance. Even if she knew how to counter what had been done, it was all happening too fast anyways. It is several moment before she is able to speak, but when she does she kneels down by Saul's side.

"I'm sorry Saul. There's nothing that any of us can do, whatever he did is affecting you too fast for even an expert to fix. We will meet again in the afterlife, may you find peace there friend."

By this point, she is unable to speak any further, and would remain by his side until he breathed no more.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"No..." Jess says quietly, dropping to her knees and cradling his head, which is almost the size of her torso. "Don't... Don't go Saul... P-please, I'm sorry..." She stammers, the tears flowing freely.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Saul seems to age visibly, his movements growing more feeble. His blind eyes fix on Jess's voice. "I'm sorry, Jess, you... have to go without me... this time. Kua, take... the Staff... of Lycans. Orma."

The grizzled lycan strains for the final words, knowing these few breaths to be his last. "Orma. Lead them on." His eyes close, as he gives in to how very, very tired he feels now. The lines on his brow smooth out, and as his life leaves him he finally resembles, in a way, the carefree mercenary he was so long ago.

Saul "Mom" Uziel is dead.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Kua, still staring at the ground, formerly more still than a statue, moved his hand to his forehead, covering his eyes and seeming to hold his head from tipping with his hand, stepped forward and reached down to take the staff from Saul's hands. He stopped from turning away and reached for Jess's shoulder

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Jess' shoulders slump as she lays his head on the ground, and she slowly stands. "I... I'll catch up when you all make camp." She says slowly, then leaves her pack on the cart and quickly climbs the wall beside the gate, stopping again at the top. But the invisible barrier extends up there as well. She tries to push it for a second, then just sits on the top of the wall facing the outside and waits, tears still streaming.

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Orma blinks at Saul's words, but nods her head, not wishing to tarnish his last moments by refusing his request. "It shall be done. Swift journey my friend."

She is quiet for nearly a minute after he passes, and when she looks up there is a cold look to her eyes. "We have a responsibility to everyone here to see to it they don't befall the same fate Saul has. Each of us I am sure wants to avenge his death, but we MUST not lose sight of what our task is. We WILL succeed, and we will stop this once and for all."

There is another moment while she lets this sink in, then adds quietly, "however, should a certain, open opportunity come to take Lazaro out, then by all means, gut the bastard."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Without warning, the sky darkens, just as it had when Servante mouthed off to James. Something seemed to draw the group away from Saul's body. Quick, blinding flash of lightning, and then everything was back to normal.

There was no burn, or any other sign of a lightning strike. There was also no body, now.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

There was suddenly a shimmering sound and a rainbow of pillars of light appeared, and when they spoke, it was with a choir of voices. "And thus the tasks have been completed, for the journey to take place. Go, all of you into the world. For now it is your task to right the natural order that has been disrupted."

The lights disappeared, and the way into the jungles, was clear at last.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Orma..." Misha said slowly, "We can go now... The sylph is gone."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

With the barrier gone, Jess drops over the far edge and out of sight immediately, not saying another word.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Orma looked to Misha and nodded slowly, still obviously dealing with what had happened. "Yes, your right, we shouldn't waste any time. JESS! Oh for gods sake..."

An idea formed in her mind, one she hated to use on the other woman, but it might just help. She reached out briefly and contacted Jess. Jess, come back we're moving out. Besides, do you REALLY want to be caught alone ahead of us if Lazaro comes back here? If he finds out what you are.... Please, come back and let us go as a group.

"Alright, let's get going then folks. We have a long journey ahead of us and it's better to start now rather than later. Plus, we now have to catch up to Jess here unless she comes back in the next moment or so. I don't want anyone going off alone after what just happened. We clearly have underestimated Lazaro, and I for one don't want to repeat that mistake."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not too far off, I just... Need some time, okay? Look off to your left as you leave. Even her mental voice is cracking in grief.

If Orma does look after they pass the arch, she'll catch a glint of sunlight off metal in the air for a moment, about a dozen yards off the path into the tall grass.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Kua turned his head from the direction Jess ran off in. He looked towards where Saul's body used to be and shook his head, clutching the staff.

"Jess will come back, we should move forward. We still have quite a road ahead of us."

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Misha struggled to not go after Jess, "I'll fly above to keep a look out..." she took off, and hovered above, looking for anything that could cause trouble.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright then. Let's get moving, we already lost time and we can't afford to lose any more. Off we go."

She quickly mounted the horse, then urged the animal forward, leading her group onward.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Misha floated above the terrain, taking in all the sights below her. She had a hard time seeing through the canopy, and stayed above the trail, where at least she could see her companions.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Orma continued to move them along forward, keeping her eyes open for anything unusual. "We'll go until about an hour before sunset, then make camp. I want enough light that we can set up before night falls."