What's new

The Game Thread

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Game Thread

I want a Tower Defense game that plays exactly like King Arthur's Gold, except it's single player and you have plenty of time to set up traps and a lot of other such things. Like it would be fun if you could set up a pit trap to catch a bunch of attackers, then pour lava on them, watch them burn, drain it, then go in and pick up all the spiffy loot. :)

This might be possible with all the new contraptions in Fallout 4 but settlements are annoying. Next game I play I will probably give most of the settlements to the BoS. :p
Or just never talk to Preston. That might work.

Last edited:

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Is it me or is d.s getting more games than a vita?

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just played Gat Out of Hell because PS+ had it for free

Was fun. Wouldn't buy it, it only lasted around 8 hours, but fun. Good 'superhero' sandbox. You can either fly around or run around faster than a car. Some powers are more OP than others. The stomp, for instance, once properly upgraded, deals massive damage on a massive scale with a teeny tiny recharge. Same with the guns. The first of the Deadly Sins weapons I got, Gallows, built up a charge meter. When it reaches it, for a limited amount of time, it fires explosive rounds, blowing everything the fuck up. Nothing could stop me when I used that.

There's still some collectibles I could search for, some challenges I could finish but I'm not gonna.

For what it is, I give it an 8/10

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Posting this one here, too, for folks.

VtM Humble bundle

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Posting this one here, too, for folks.

VtM Humble bundle
I was surprised that there was a VtM bundle since there's not been many video game releases. How many would that be? 1? 2? Maybe 3 games total? I remember trying to play the 1st one many years ago but I just couldn't get into it. Too much character juggling and terrible perspective for squad combat.

After clicking the link I realized it was one of their book bundles. Never been much of a fan of reading on the screen. I guess it's more for the younger generation since they have their eyes glued to their mobile devices almost 24/7 anyway. I took a look at the example page from the first book, just out of curiosity. Are these really supposed to be RPG books? I just checked a couple more samples and it's more like novels. Maybe the books have stats and stuff on the other pages, but if that's the case then the preview pages are rather unfortunate examples.

I guess these are meant for LARPing. "Lightning Bolt!" "Lightning Bolt!" "Lightning Bolt!"
Oh. Wrong LARP. Err... "I bite you!" ?

Guess I expected something more like this:

But then again, there's nothing like TSR, is there?

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The setting matters more than the mechanics, and if they are the LARP series (vtm has standard tabletop as well), then the rules are meant to be compact and fast, so you can make resolutions as quickly as possible and get back to the actual fun of the game. So yeah, the books have lots of fluff in them.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The basic idea is that you connect to a Linux server via SSH and try to figure out how to get the password. Educational as well as surprisingly addicting. Oh, and there are other, more advanced games on the site as well.

If you're using Windows, you'll probably have to download an SSH client like PuTTY first, if you're using Linux or other Unix-like operating system, the functionality should be already included.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well then, time to wait for PC release.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well then, time to wait for PC release.
Hm... Still have a feeling it'll be covered up a bit right before release, because ratings :\

Last edited:

dudes_tractor_yeah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Been replaying star wars knights of the old republic after I tried watching a Star wars KOTOR lets play by the two best friends from the switcher.They have been always bad at games so I only use it as background noise for their commentary but this time they really triggered my autism.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
has arrived! Time to name colonists after ULMF members and enjoy the fun and painful stories of their colony's demise!

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Not sure if virus, still installed

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
This thread isn't for general gaming see?:

A place to share any indie/flash/browser etc... games you may have found an enjoy. Hopefully this'll get sticky'd so it's not lost.

Cock jockey, this is a thread to SHARE various indie/flash/browser games, not discuss mainstream ones.
This one is : https://ulmf.org/threads/games-discussion-thread.1198/

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
It's actually indie, there's a DL and there's not actually a virus in it... is what I can say now that you tell me that I didn't post in the thread I intended to but still happen to have posted in thread in which it somehow fit the rules... Meh. Just check it. It came out of nowhere today so I'm not even sure if it will be mainstream or not.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Actually, while you brought my attention to this thread, you're not the one I'm bitching at XD

Madbone

Reputation score
Hey everyone,
New to this site and trying to get some help posting my visual novel or opening a thread. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Hey everyone,
New to this site and trying to get some help posting my visual novel or opening a thread. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Read the rules in my signature. Use the H-games or Games under Construction sub depending on the state of your game.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Anyone. Given that your account is so new it will be need to be approved by a staff member before it goes into public view though.