What's new

The Legend of Zelda: The Untold Stories

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
It has been several years since the green clad hero Link defeated the dark wizard Gannondorf. Peace has settled actross the lands and the rebuilding has almost finished. Unfortunatly darkness is once again seeping out in the shadowing depths and the people fear that it may signal the return of the scourge of Hyrule. With no sign of the hero or the master sword it is time for new faces to make their mark on in the history books.

(This will be a solo player PbP with some CYOA elements to keep things focused and speed up the action. Just need a few people interested in it and I can begin my dark work.)

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Untold Stories

I'll play :p

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll play if I can pull off an assassin like character from Assassin's Creed. Been playing AC2 to much so I want to make a character that use hidden blades and it would be fun running about Hyrule killing people for money.... and fun.... a lots of fun. :rolleyes:

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Double blades will be fine, I'm allowing most kinds of weapons outside of firearms. Sadly I don't you'd get much business in assassination. Hyrule isn't a very densely populated hotbed of political intrigue, they have worse to worry about like giant dog men wielding spears and back humping zombies.

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

"...I guarantee you won't go hungry, cos at the end of the day, as long as there's 2 people left on the planet, someone's going to want someone dead." -Sniper from TF2

But it's true most money will not come in from assassination. But as an assassin you do learn to track people very will and if it comes right down to it I'm sure the town guards would always like more members so if needed I could always sign on. But like the Sniper quote I used someone will always want someone dead... It just if they are willing to pay good money for professional grade work :cool:.

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Actually a better place, and I cannot beleive I let this slip my mind, would be as one of the Shiekah. It'd make for an interesting play as a Princess/Queen Zelda sponsored ninja.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I always disliked whatever those zombie things were. They scream to paralyze use before trying to rape your ass.

Also: how do you plan to have fairies work in your game? Do you eat them to regain health?

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll give it a go.

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I always disliked whatever those zombie things were. They scream to paralyze use before trying to rape your ass.

Also: how do you plan to have fairies work in your game? Do you eat them to regain health?
Ew. No fairies would work the same way they do in the game. Players keep them in bottles and if they fall in battle to a boss or monsters they get right back up with some health instead of having to restart the fight.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Fairy Juice!

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Listen, we all hated Navi, but you have to let it go.....it's not healthy.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

... The players could be fairies?

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

No, players can by hylian, gerudo, zora or sheikah. Backgrounds are up to them, within reason.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Interest expressed... I want to see how this will expand.

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Going to post a bit more info on races to keep things fresh.

Hylian- Can be from hyrule or termina. Starts out with standard equipment and some rupees.
+Sub-class+ Kokiri raised- The player was orphaned or otherwise abandoned as an infant and raised by the kokiri until they came of age. Can navigate the Lost Woods without making a check to keep from getting lost. Starts with a kokiri sword which serves as a knife and a deku shield that acts like a gauntlet, a flammable gauntlet.

Shiekah-The player is one of the reclusive sheikah race. Others will be wary of the player but they will have an easier time finding secrets and lore, along with a bonus to striking enimies they catch completely unaware.

Gerudo-The player is one of the female warriors who dwell in the deserts near Hyrule Castle. All other races will be unfriendly towards the gerudo at first and need convincing to share info or aid. Due to the harsh life of the desert though gerudos will be able to fight well even on unsure footing such as ice and steep ground and begin with an extra heart in their health bar.

Zora- The player is one of the zora, either from hyrule or termina. Zoras can fight anywhere in the water and do not need any special equipment to breath in water or dive. They will incur a small penalty in combat in hot dry places such as the desert and death mountain without the protection of a red vest.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

what no gorons or skullkids?

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I have a very messed up mind but even that would be beyond my ability to think of adult situations for, same with deku scrubs.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

gorons- heavy defense or attack and can break down walls without the need for bombs they also don't need to wear red tunics for hot areas but they can't swim.

skullkids- can sneak and steal things easily, not trusted by anyone but children and kokiri. also gets a fairy to help guide and attack. starts out with one less heart

see that wasn't so hard

OP
Archer

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I didn't include the gorons because they would be unable to do anything having to do with water at all. And skull kids aren't really a race that's been gone into much that might not even be a race. Only 1 or 2 have ever been shown and from their behavior they aren't the best canidates for world saving adventurers. Don't forget they would try to kill adult link -on sight-.