• Pathfinder without the experience from spending gold rule

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
So I've been thinking of running a Ravenloft game. The game will most likely be played sundays sometime while I'm awake, possibly at alternating weeks with Maiko's game, if the two would share the same time slot. Another possible time would be Friday evenings(evenings my time, that is, -3 GMT during DST).

The medium will be IRC, because I'm not running another PbP game (especially with multiple players) at least not while my own posting speed remains so slow.

I've been thinking of using Pathfinder as the system, but 2e is also an option and in my opinion it would probably work better for a horror setting. Downside would be me(and likely at least some of the players) needing to learn a new set of rules. Either way, the game will start at a fairly low level and the advancement probably won't be terribly fast.

The question of where in Ravenloft the game will be set is also open for now

For reference, here's the current set of houserules for Pathfinder(probably fairly close to what I'll be using if we play PF, though there might be some additions - I've been considering merging some of the feats for martials)
Multiclassing: Multiclassing works like it worked in AD&D: If you have more than one class, you make a gestalt of them instead of normal multiclassing, but you gain XP for each class separately, therefore if you take two classes, you need double XP to level up, if you take three classes you need triple, etc. If you want to take a second class later in the game, you first gain gestalt in your first level, then when you get 3k XP in that class, you gain gestalt in your second level, etc.

Experience: You gain experience by spending gold(see attached table). The amount of XP gained with each purchase depends on the nature of the purchase. Magic items: 1/2*gp value. Materials for crafting magic items: 1/4*gp value. Mundane adventuring gear and similar useful items: 1*gp value. Long term investments(such as buying a keep or a title of nobility. Also includes other non-items such as sponsoring an event to gain favor of a noble or the like): 2*gp value. Wasting money(donating to orphanage/church, ale and whores, etc): 3*gp value. Wasting money in a particularly inventive or interesting way: 3 1/2*gp value.

Skills: All classes except full casters get a minimum of 4+int skill points per level. Archetypes such as lore warden which trade something for more skillpoints still get the same amount of extra skillpoints compared to the baseclass.

Classes: Fighters get all good saves. Monks get extra ki-powers as per qinggong monk archetype at 4th level and every four levels thereafter in addition to getting twice as much ki. 2nd level Cavaliers get the following ability at second level: 1/2 class level+cha mod times per day, you can add 1/2 your cavalier level to any single attack roll, damage roll or save. Usable once per round as a free action.

Shields Shall be Splintered: A character who is proficient with shields and wielding a shield can once per round when he is not flat-footed or grappled choose to block an attack he is aware of that would otherwise hit him. The character takes no damage. A non-magical shield made of common materials is destroyed. A shield that is enchanted or made of special material of exceptional durability such as adamantine isn't automatically destroyed, but instead takes double damage from the attack(minimum 1 point after hardness is taken into account). If a magical shield is used to block a spell, it takes either full effects of the spell(no save) or, if the spell wouldn't normally affect the shield, 1 point of damage per spell level ignoring hardness.

Crossbows: Heavy crossbows, like composite bows, have strength rating that's added to their damage. If the wielder has strength bonus at least equal to the rating, they treat the crossbow as a light crossbow for the purpose determining how long it takes to reload it. For every 4 points the crossbow's strength rating exceeds the wielder's strength rating, the reloading time for the crossbow doubles(this makes free actions into swift actions, swift actions into move actions, move actions into standard action and standard actions into full-round actions when applicable). Having strength rating higher than 0 costs 75 gp per +1 for heavy crossbows and 150 gp per +1 for repeating heavy crossbows.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Mists of Ravenloft

Tentative interest shown... I'm still trying to find time to work on my own campaign, but with my course load this term it might be easier for me to play rather than DM. Probably make a decision in the next week or so.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interest shown.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Definite interest shown. :)

Zilrax