What's new

The mountains and the forests(Kagura/Guan Yu)

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: The mountains and the forests(Kagura/Guan Yu)

The hermit greets Kagura indifferently as she approaches, letting her do the talking while he oversees the goats, idly drawing lines on the grass with his staff. He stays quite for several long moments after she finishes, until finally speaking. "Quite the tricky situation you have there. What kind of demon was it?"

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The hermit did appear to be willing to hear Kagura out, and she got to go through the story without interruption, though she was a little concerned if he was even paying her attention at all. She was basically just a girl from the country asking for a potentially hazardous favor, so she was not counting the possibility out. In the end, the man did ask another question about it all, which was positive. "It was a yellow or orange-ish fat, bulbous thing, not massively tall. Heavily warted and pocked skin that produced slime, large ears and horns." the miko would describe the thing she had encountered to the best of her memory.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Troubling that such a powerful spirit should persist in our realm for so long. The entire mansion is likely tainted by its presence." the hermit says after a while. "I reckon it would need to be weakened before it can be banished. What have you got?"

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Yes, I could notice that being the case. There were all sorts of unnatural things around, ghosts and beasts of different kinds." Kagura would confirm the hermit's suspicions about the place. As to what she got however, that was an uncertain question to her. "What do I have? Well... Just myself really. I'm not particularly skilled in any magic, but I have banished a few minor spirits in my time. I can also fight, I suppose, with this pole of mine."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The hermit frowns. "Yes, well, we're going to need more help than that. I suppose I could contact a few old companions of mine from my adventuring days. In the meantime...Would you brave the mansion by yourself again? Things will be much easier if we can perform the ritual outside the mansion, but we will need to call the demodand into the magic circle for the ritual, and for that I will need something from the demodand - a personal effect, perhaps, the more important the better."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As was to be expected, the entire thing of just her being there did not really sit well with the older fellow, who at first seemed reserved to be taking action but did actually offer his help despite the initial show of reluctance. It did look like she would need to put herself back into the line of fire again, but Kagura had been expecting that she would be returning to the place one way or another. "I... suppose I'll do it. I don't necessarily want to, but it has to be done if something is to change."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Not eager, eh? Well, I can brew a few potions for you if you don't mind watching over the goats for the day and spending the night in my hut. Another day won't make much of a difference if the corruption already runs that deep." the hermit says reluctantly.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Well no, not really. After what I went through, I imagine most would not be. But that doesn't mean I won't, it has to be done. Kagura would express herself, still being accepting of the potion offer, whatever that was all about. Seeing it not much of an issue, she would prepare for some work with the animals.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The hermit hands Kagura his backpack, containing small package of food, two waterskins and some other odds and ends, including a teapot and dried tealeaves wrapped in oiled cloth to keep them dry. "I'll get to work, then. Just bring the goats in around the sunset, and I'll make us a proper dinner. My shack is half a mile northwest from here, it's quite easy to find."

He then wanders off, leaving Kagura for an uneventful day with the goats.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Ah, alright then. We'll be around when it's time." Kagura would reply as she got the instructions, soon being just with the animals as the man wandered off to do whatever potions he has been planning for the miko. The girl would dutifully look after the animals until it was time to leave, at which point she would begin to move the herd up towards the hermit's home.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The goats seem to take care of themselves well enough, staying near Kagura as she moves. As she is having her midday meal, she spots a great eagle, apparently seeking for a meal as well. Almost simultaneously, she gets an itch on the back of her head, as if she were being observed somehow.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The job appeared to be fairly easy to do, and Kagura had no problems dealing with the animals as they were tame and calm creatures that had no issue with her taking care of them. Some time in, she stopped to have some food as even with this job she needed to take care of her nutritional needs. Noticing a bird in the sky, the miko simultaneously got a sudden feeling of being observed by someone or something, not entirely sure as to the nature of this observer. Getting a little paranoid, she made sure that her weapon was within arm's reach before continuing to eat, looking around every few moments to see if there was some explanation to her hunch or the need to get up and prepare to defend herself or the herd.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Kagura sees a pair of kites flying nearby, apparently trying to evade the eagle. For a moment, it feels as if they were staring her. The eagle soon begins its dive, though whether it aims for a goat or a kite, Kagura cannot tell. She would have to act quickly, all the same.

Last edited:

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

(HELENA WHERE)

Witnessing the events in the sky, Kagura was not quite sure what to make of it all, but she did get the idea that the kite things had been looking at her. The eagle soon began to dive, and the miko moved up, taking positions among the herd and preparing to swat at the eagle with the stick side of her weapon as she did not really want to kill the animal, just teach it a lesson.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

9 vs 8
With a bit of luck, Kagura manages to guess which goatling the eagle is trying to kill, and she manages to swat at the eagle, causing it to tumble onto the grass. As it takes to the air, the two kites dive at it, slamming into it one after another and forcing it down some distance from Kagura before killing the already injured predator.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Getting her swing right on, Kagura saw the shenanigans unfold between the birds after she sent some feathers flying. She felt a little bad for the poor departed eagle, but such was the way of nature. None of the goats had come under harm, so she could probably make it to the evening without any further disturbances, maybe even enjoy the rest of her meal.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Kagura still can't shake the feeling of being watched, but nothing appears to happen for the afternoon, and as the sun is setting, Kagura and the herd arrive at the hermit's house. Inside, the house is dimly lit by the fireplace, and the hermit appears to be finished with making potions, and is cooking some kind of stew over the fire.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

While the odd feeling of being watched never seemed to go away, the remainder of the herd time was thankfully uneventful. Leading the politely docile animals along when it was time, Kagura found the hermit's place where she had been told it would be in. The house was suitably ascetic to match the owner, who was still having something done. Taking herself a spot, the miko would sit down and wait until the man was willing and able to converse, at which point she would mention the safe return of the animals and the event that had happened earlier, just to be sure.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

After a few minutes, the stew appears to be ready, and the hermit gives Kagura a bowl of it, taking the kettle off the fire and starting to eat himself, before apparently finally remembering that talking is something people do and asking Kagura about her day. Listening politely, he frowns as he hears about the kites. "That's not right, I should look into it... but I guess that'll have to wait." he mutters, half to himself.

After he finishes eating, the hermit gives Kagura a makeshift bandolier with a dozen vials. "Four for strength of body, four for strength of will, two for healing, and two for emergencies. I reckon they should get you through the manor."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Eating up without a word, Kagura was liking that this fellow was not as bad as the villagers might have been putting him up as, even if he was a bit solitary and untalkative. He still doing his best to keep her comfortable without really having any obligations to do so. "They should help a good deal. I was barely equipped for that place last time, so it got rough quickly." she would say as she accepted the potions and the holder for them.