What's new

Cappy

Reputation score
I've been pretty displeased with the excessive dog-piling nonsense I've been seeing directed at Another_Lurker lately. I'm not saying don't be mean or some horseshit garbage like that, but at least try and not be craven about it and all shit on him at the same time, I feel it's kind of low-brow if I'm gonna be honest. And it kind of seems almost like an attempt to drive him out of Everything Else.

I understand some of you find some of his habits to be pet-peeves of yours, but BACK IN MY DAY we kept snarky remarks short, succinct, and personal(Or at least personal). This whole torches and pitchforks routine should be left to people who make a public ordeal of going full retard and throwing a tantrum such as YoungMike, Chatmin Incubus, or past me.

I'm kind of not big on the whole "You have to be nice to people on the internet" motif in general, but I do have a little something I like to call Troll's pride, I've never had to align with people to help me or make multiple accounts in order to mess with somebody I wanted to troll or simply didn't like, and seeing a bunch of people opportunistically capitalize on a single negative exchange of remarks was kind of annoying to me. I'm not the boss of any of you, but try some of this as food for thought, maybe if you take my advice you'll finally graduate into laying out quality bait. Fuck that yellow font burns my retinas.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The temp dogpiling discussion thread

Trying not to, their presumptions are perhaps a little... Annoying, shall I say. Nothing against them really, just, eh. No idea on the line breaks and stuff though, it's unusual but whatever, we're all a little odd - and who'd want to be completely normal tbh.

Maybe try the night eyes forum style, use it all the time.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've been pretty displeased with the excessive dog-piling nonsense I've been seeing directed at Another_Lurker lately. *lick lick fawn fawn*
I don't need you to defend or stick up for me. If multiple users have a problem with what I say or do, and make the unsightly faux pa of publicly putting up a nice display of how mature and clear-headed they are by mocking me every chance they get by increasingly petty means, that's their problem, not mine or yours.

If you'd like to take notes on "Not being offended by the stupidity of others",
might I suggest just doing what I do, and PM'ing those whom you wish to
give a piece of your mind to, that way you yourself aren't making a display
of yourself, and even if they post your PM in a pathetic attempt to call you
out or mock you, they only feed into the very hostility they themselves aimed
to produce, like wearing an "I'm with stupid" shirt while standing in an empty un-populated room.

Nobody's driving me out or away from anything, and sarcastically inviting them to "troll with a little more class"
just makes you look like part of the problem.. The "Everything Else" threads, have, and always will be nothing
but giant bait-pits with a flimsy see-through veil of engaging in conversation over varied topics..

I typically visit here because I like adding little blobs of random insight on the threads, usually pertaining to
whatever the thread entails.. All the extraneous arguing and "pitchforks" are just part of the scenery, like
visiting a bad part of town and noticing a dismantled vehicle. Going there just to argue or bait someone is
losing sight of the forest for the trees..

It might be hard to beleive, but there was a time when the "Everything Else" section was just the varied
conversation topic threads, and the arguing and baiting were more of a distant annoyance, rather than
the large bulbous thing it is now, that you have to shoulder your way past to get to the point.

It was when threads like "Reputation/Hilarity insanity", and the "I hate..." threads started appearing that
arguing and being assholes became less of a thing you were looked down on for, and more like a spectacle sport.
Maybe if instead of sanctioning off little special zones for their users to be as idiotic as possible arkham-city style,
the mods/admins actually tried cracking down a bit more and doing their jobs, things would be different.

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I've been pretty displeased with the excessive dog-piling nonsense I've been seeing directed at Another_Lurker lately. I'm not saying don't be mean or some horseshit garbage like that, but at least try and not be craven about it and all shit on him at the same time, I feel it's kind of low-brow if I'm gonna be honest. And it kind of seems almost like an attempt to drive him out of Everything Else.

I understand some of you find some of his habits to be pet-peeves of yours, but BACK IN MY DAY we kept snarky remarks short, succinct, and personal(Or at least personal). This whole torches and pitchforks routine should be left to people who make a public ordeal of going full retard and throwing a tantrum such as YoungMike, Chatmin Incubus, or past me.

I'm kind of not big on the whole "You have to be nice to people on the internet" motif in general, but I do have a little something I like to call Troll's pride, I've never had to align with people to help me or make multiple accounts in order to mess with somebody I wanted to troll or simply didn't like, and seeing a bunch of people opportunistically capitalize on a single negative exchange of remarks was kind of annoying to me. I'm not the boss of any of you, but try some of this as food for thought, maybe if you take my advice you'll finally graduate into laying out quality bait. Fuck that yellow font burns my retinas.
It happens because he's annoying as fuck.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It happens because he's annoying as fuck.
That. Literally first person on here I put on my annoy-ignore list, either he's trying to be a twat on purpose or even more full of himself than I.

.. heck the fact that you needed to make this post lends credence to the annoying twat position.

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

...when threads like "Reputation/Hilarity insanity", and the "I hate..." threads started appearing...
*checks account age*

Someone has an alt account...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually just skip over his posts

Tried to read a few, but it's just annoying enough to read for my personal tastes that I give up and move on
But then I don't send him messages with insults or anything either. I'm sure someone enjoys reading those posts

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I resent the implication that we dislike someone because other members dislike them, it detracts from the horribleness that is said user. And such a thing could never happen on ulmf, certainly not in a cascade of red reps.

I actually just skip over his posts

Tried to read a few, but it's just annoying enough to read for my personal tastes that I give up and move on
But then I don't send him messages with insults or anything either. I'm sure someone enjoys reading those posts
I get like 5 words into a post and it's just so awful my brain screams "STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF".

This person is like the bastard amalgamation of the some of ulmfs worsts' traits:
My inability to let things go
Pervy's need to be the smartest person in a conversation
Cappy's verbal diarrhea (Usually it's something I admire, but sometimes a sentence doesn't need to be turned into a paragraph)
Caulder's vitriol

We should re-name them Cavy Slider.

On to shitposting, spoilered for Cappy's convenience:

I have no idea what you're talking about, what I do manage to read of your posts is forgotten almost instantly, as if my brain were attempting to exterminate an infection within itself. But since you're saying you like what I'm doing, that means I should stop if I don't want to benefit you... right? NOT.

I don't have anything to say about this that isn't self-evident, but I might as well do both as they're about the same value I reckon.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

I wasn't trying to deny that he's annoying, the message he posted here was kinda presumptuous in and of itself, I just think that it's unnecessary for everybody to flock together at every chance. But in any case, he at the very least seems content to be repeatedly blasted by people who dislike him and won't accept pity over it, so I guess that old saying about victim-less crimes applies.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pervy's need to be the smartest person in a conversation
But I am!

I mean.. uh.. totally nooot!

thinking about it, is missing zephs random pron post derailiments...

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I remember sticking up for this kid in grade school who, although got on my nerves every once in a while, I just mainly ignored. See, he got himself into some trouble in recess, and a number of kids circled him and pushed him to the ground and looked like they were all going to jump him.

The numbers game seemed unfair, so I jumped in and backed everyone off physically, even going so far as to ignore the fact that the kids circling him were the nicest kids I'd ever met, who I never imagined hurting a fly. I turned to him after it was all over and asked if he was all right, and he shoved me and told me he didn't need my help.

It still felt like the right thing to do, but maybe I should have just let him get punched

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I don't like "Feeding the trolls" as it were, but I will say this..

Ask yourselves, is it really my specific behaviour that annoys all of you,
or simply my ability to effectively ignore your criticisms of said behaviour?

Because if it's the former, you'd look awfully stupid "ganging up on me" over
such a silly thing. (harking back to a previous post, now it'd be an entire room
full of people all wearing the "I'm with stupid" shirt). I'm sure there's been people
worse than me floating around this place, did they receive the same treatment?
And if so, did nobody else look at that and go "Maybe this forum's not exactly the
great collection of minds I was hoping it to be.", and immediately adapt to a mindset
similar to my own? Or am I some sort've evolutionary proto-poster, who was the first
to discover that not giving a shit about what others think is the magical all-curing answer
to personal conflict?

Then again, if it were the latter, you'd still look stupid for openly presenting
all of your ill will towards me as if this thread was just a big therapy session
for you to help vent your frustrations in peace.. I'm pretty sure one of the
authority figures on this site already made a thread for that, but something
tells me you prefer posting things here because doing so on the shit-posting
thread makes you feel just a bit too self-aware of your actions.

I won't go as far as asking this thread be locked, since let's face it,
even authorities need the occasional moment to make vague criticisms
in an attempt to sate their ego.

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I don't like "Feeding the trolls" as it were, but I will say this..

Ask yourselves, is it really my specific behaviour that annoys all of you,
or simply my ability to effectively ignore your criticisms of said behaviour?

Because if it's the former, you'd look awfully stupid "ganging up on me" over
such a silly thing. I'm sure there's been people worse than me floating around
this place, did they receive the same treatment? And if so, did nobody else
look at that and go "Maybe this forum's not exactly the great collection of
minds I was hoping it was in the first place."

Then again, if it were the latter, you'd still look stupid for openly presenting
all of your ill will towards me as if this thread was just a big therapy session
for you to help vent your frustrations in peace.. I'm pretty sure one of the
authority figures on this site already made a thread for that, but something
tells me you prefer posting things here because doing so on the shit-posting
thread makes you feel just a bit too self-aware of your actions.

I won't go as far as asking this thread be locked, since let's face it,
even authorities need the occasional moment to make vague criticisms
in an attempt to sate their ego.
TL;DR

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

Listen, as much as I wanted to keep the gang mob mentality down to a minimum, I'm not in control of anyone and don't make any pretensions about such things with moral grandstanding unless it's about something I've got direct personal emotional stakes in, and I simply don't believe in controlling the way other people express themselves(Within reason, but on the internet there's not much one can do beyond doxxing or malware that would make me feel a need for outside control).

That might be part of why I made an effort to ease up the mob side of it, and I was being pretty genuine about being glad that you didn't feel the need for a defense, I thought it was a sign you had the self-confidence not to take it too personally or get hung up about it. I'm not fond of catering to sensitive sensibilities because I like being direct.

Perhaps you should consider addressing some of the criticisms leveled your way, there are some that are purely cosmetic that are very easy to experiment with changing, and if you dared to compromise you might see a change of attitude. There is a certain culture of this side of the forum dictated by whomever tends to be active at the time.

Don't compromise your personality but also don't be afraid to try and reconcile with people just because you initially think that they're assholes. I doubt you can point out a person on this earth that isn't an asshole to somebody, so when you've lived a little you get to learn that there is a level of perspective.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe if instead of sanctioning off little special zones for their users to be as idiotic as possible arkham-city style,
the mods/admins actually tried cracking down a bit more and doing their jobs, things would be different.
No one here is morality police, no one here is censoring speech, no one here is creating any sort of fascism that you apparently prefer.

I don't even know you, I've not read any of your posts elsewhere, I just picked up on the attitude of one post of yours in this thread. Someone brought up a point I somewhat agree with, that I think you got kinda piled on a little unfairly. That is a COMMUNITY effort to stem that type of thing you're saying mods should take care of, when they fucking shouldn't (your opinion made all the more poor when you don't know who the mods are). Instead, your reaction was, as first, reassuring, then elitist and snobbish. If there is something affecting your personality in such a way (don't be offended by my suggestion since it's true of a proportionally larger percentage of this community) I get it, but without that knowledge, we're seeing a failure of yours to react 'normally' in social situations, which is really what these discussions are, and a negative attitude towards it on top of that.

Maybe that's what people are picking on.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

But I am!

I mean.. uh.. totally nooot!

thinking about it, is missing zephs random pron post derailiments...
(It's.)

Ummm, why are you involving me in this? Also . :p

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Someone brought up a point I somewhat agree with, that I think you got kinda piled on a little unfairly. That is a COMMUNITY effort to stem that type of thing you're saying mods should take care of, when they fucking shouldn't (your opinion made all the more poor when you don't know who the mods are).
A community effort, to stop the community, from "piling" on someone in
the community.. It's all so redundant.

Let me make it clear, I'm not trying to shoot down people's actions, or
make it sound like there should be a world where they're not allowed to
be who they're being.. I'm just taking the shit being handed to me, and
putting it in a little spot-light to highlight its rich creaminess to fellow connoisseurs.. I'm sorry if that seems elitist to you, in some way. People have been doing the exact same thing to me but I don't see any torches and pitchforks aimed at them, so I assume either I'm the predesignated toast of the evening this week, or everyone really does beleive I'm just an extra-special star.

As for not knowing who the mods are, my bad if I go for the lazy approach to designating authority by "whoever has the most fancy-looking or intimidating name and status", since in most communities that's the best sure-fire way to find who's in charge or is closely related to such.

Maybe if I we weren't all speaking about this in a thread practically dedicated to fawning over/defending/antagonizing me and me alone, I wouldn't feel the need to constantly pop my head out of my ass to greet you all with more criticisms..

You can't defend other's rights to criticize me (which I'm not debating, by the way), and then attack my own freedoms to criticize others at the same time.. It's one or the other. Either "deal with it" as they say, or continue giving me reasons to respond until you've worn me out and I just stop responding entirely out of pity.

I'll end the post by saying this.. I am not being attacked.. I am not a victim, I don't feel victimized, and I'm not defending myself.. If anyone would
like to continue talking shit about me, you have my blessings, have fun giving me more material to be snarky about the next time I resurface. If you'd
like to continue defending me, please stop, there's nothing to defend. If you're here just to observe the spectacle of it all, I saved a seat for you, have fun.

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does the seats have black jacks and hookers?
Something like And hooray for pron derailment!!

Another lurker, if you want it to cease, stop posting here...