What's new

[Complete - Full] The Three Charms R Translation

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Hi all,

I've been working on the translation of The Three Charms R for quite some time now and it's now basically done. I'm marking this as "Complete" because barring some minor stuff I might've missed, it should all be complete. If you wish to simply play using the release, then feel free. But just keep in mind it's not going to have complete polish. It should be mostly fine but there'll probably be the occasional typo and JP line. Think of it as an early access beta release. Because "everything" might be too vague, I'll make a quick change-log.

What's been done
  • All H scenes should be done
  • All map dialogue should be done
  • The "Cleared the last game" setting should be done, but I need playtesters to help catch anything I might've missed.
  • Relevant game images should all be translated
  • The readme should be translated
  • The 100% spoiler save readme should be translated
  • The scene with the boy trapped in the cage has been edited to include an explanation of what a ladder lottery is for us poor Westerners who've never heard of it before

What's not done/Needs to be checked by playtesters
  • I'm not savvy with RPG Maker so I couldn't figure out how to access the script causing the crash with the pollen-crazed Kitsune h-scene (happens if you have her H-scene with little to no energy)
  • The final few h-scenes in particular need eyes on them to check for typos, mistakes, etc.
  • While I'm pretty sure I got all the "cleared the last game" lines, I have a sneaking suspicion some might still be lurking in there somewhere
  • Some h-scene dialogue changes depending on your energy level, I think I got most/all of them, but needs playtesting to confirm
  • I've had to manually edit the credits in RPG Maker. I've playtested it myself and there was no issue, but having others playtest would be reassuring that I haven't created a crash bug or something.

What happens from here?

I'm planning on reading through all the h-scenes again for a final check and to make any final adjustments on them. In the meantime, if playtesters can make a note of any and all mistakes, errors, etc, and compile them, I'll then update the patch files with those corrected lines before making a final final release.

How do I apply the patch?
  1. Decrypt all the game files using your decrypter of choice, I recommend Falo's decrypter. Make sure you put all the decrypted files into their corresponding game folders, don't just leave them in the "Export" folder or wherever the decrypter dumps them.
  2. Delete or rename the rgss3a file. My preferred method is to add a ".backup" file extension to it
  3. Copy the contents of the "Translation Release" folder from the zip into the main game folder
And that should patch the game.

Edit: The credits scene translation fix and some missing final text in Zashiki's second fight I somehow managed to miss. Some misc translation tidy-ups as well as missing text for Yamachichi and some text around the cultivation shrine and field.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
Good to see you finally post this, the translation looked really good from the partials I've played before. Definitely worth a watch and play for everyone, Three Charms R is a pretty fun game. (y)

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
I just updated the patch file as the credits translation hadn't pulled through into the translation files for some reason.

ghasT_T

Reputation score
Color me happy. Sounds like I need to step up my work on Lonesome Spirit. I hope you'll manage to contact the dev. He was super happy when I told him how much interest there was overseas.

Last edited:

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Today is a good day. Kudos to you, translator. Also, work is being done on Lonesome Spirit? Man, you translators are really the real MVPs. All of the Three Charms games are amazing and deserve quality translations.

Bargeld

Reputation score
Thank you, I've been stuck with untranslated version for so long and couldn't progress, now I finally can! Been waiting for this since playing the first game.

Sneaky gnome

Reputation score
Ey dose anyone know the japanese names for the songs with garbled text or a download?
you know so the game dosent crash when they try to find the BGM

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Ey dose anyone know the japanese names for the songs with garbled text or a download?
you know so the game dosent crash when they try to find the BGM
either put whatever file music file you want with the same extention and rename it to the wnated name in the BGM folder.

or

switch to Japanese local setting to uncompress the game archive (or use language emulating tool) to get proper Kanji name instead of giberrish

ZeroDouji

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Hi. I'm here because cant get the last item. I talked with every NPC twice but still didnt get that item from the fox. I need to do something before? I dont know what to do.

Attachments

phenir

Lurker
Reputation score
There's untranslated text near the start of the game when Magatsu summons Yamachichi to help you after your first defeat. I assume this is related to the cleared last game setting. There's also untranslated text when you try to cultivate the fields without enough currency.
The kitsune's directions for the trapped bridge could be a little clearer. The sound that is played does not depend on which direction the character is facing. Instead the louder sound is played when there is a hole to your north, while the softer sound is played when there is one to your east or west. Or another way to put it, if the softer sound is played, it is safe to move up (dangerous to move left/right) while if the louder sound is played, it is safe to move left or right(dangerous to move up).
Not sure but there seems to be something strange with the questions to reach Shiraha. On the last question, it asks what feeling happens when shot by the arrow. One of the npcs prior says a sense of duty. Answering duty is apparently the wrong answer though, the correct answer is happiness. Maybe I missed an npc that explains duty is happiness or something.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Thanks. The Yamachichi one I think I've caught already but the cultivation thing I somehow missed. That's a good point about the bridge instructions, I'll rewrite them using cardinal directions to make it clearer.

That Shiraha question is a bit strange because one of the NPCs talks about a sense of duty at first when hit by the arrow which makes it a little misleading. I might reword the end of his dialogue to make it clearer.

phenir

Lurker
Reputation score
A couple more, the grudge boss of Shiraha has an attack with an untranslated name. Addtionally I found 2 egg shaped items that are completely untranslated. I haven't tried using them yet so the use text might also be unstranslated.
Zashiki has some untranslated dialogue near the end of her second fight when she webs you and also after provoking her. I'm retarded
The use text for the shrine/field repair tickets is untranslated.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Thanks, I've uploaded a new version of the translation which includes that missing stuff along with some other fixes I've been making. That whole thing with the shrine I missed probably because I never had much use for it and I assumed increasing the cultivation would just give you more powerful versions of the spring water and melons. Which it does, but you also start getting special items like the one you've got and you get a special item each for getting the shrine or field to 100. Those two special items have a bit of unique dialogue associated with them so I translated all I could find. The dialogue that happens when using the items is randomised so while I'm pretty sure I caught most/all of it, let me know if I've missed any lines from those two.

The shrine item dialogue I'm not entirely happy with because I think there's a lot of cultural references in there that go over my head but I did the best I could with it.

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Well, it's been quite a while since the last update to the translation with no further issues found. Not to say there aren't still typos or missed lines, but I think we're at the stage where any left will be very few and far between. Overall, I'd say that at least 99% of all lines are hand-translated. So I think it's fair to mark this translation as complete. I've made a lot of fixes over the "beta" period thanks to the invaluable help of people here who graciously tested it for me, so thank you to everyone who found issues so I could fix them. There have also been some style and writing fix-ups here and there since the first release. There were a couple of things I still want to do with the writing but they're very time-intensive and probably won't add much beyond autistic self-satisfaction on my part. Now this doesn't mean I won't ever make any more updates to the translation if enough fixes come in, but if anyone's still on the fence about not wanting to play an incomplete translation, it's safe to say it's essentially done at this point.

So again, thank you to everyone who helped test this. It's nice to know someone's working hard on translating the third game as well, having all three games translated will be a real boon to the monster girl game genre. Here's to many more monster girl games to come in the future.