What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Project X: New update v7.4 released August 19th 2017

Haven't played this in a while.
New stage animations felt... lame and rushed. Most exact same for all characters, recycled. Especially bad feeling from futa village.
Did they struggle with release date so much it had to be that rushed?

Well at least boss was okay, but 4 stage is much more solid.

Last edited:

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It's your special attack button - when the SFX plays and you get an exclamation mark over your head, you get a moment to press it.

HOWEVER: Beware that the QTE ALSO fails on the first press of normal-attack, not sure if other buttons.
So if you walk around spamming buttons, or are in the middle of a combo,
you basically never manage to escape, unless you have godlike reaction speed.
Hmmm...seems like it may be an issue with your keyboard. In a lot of cases the AI can grab you in the middle of your combo (boars do it a lot in this level). So that means there is a grapple while I'm spamming "A". But I can still potentially hit "D" if I notice my combo get interrupted.

I just wish PX was like every other game in the genre and let you break out of a grapple once it began. If they don't want to be too easy, make it so only using the special move early avoids damage. But let players bypass the full 30 second animations when they want to do so.

It would also be nice (if they didn't do the above) if the window for using your special move to avoid a grapple was about 0.25 seconds longer. As it is, it is too short a time frame to actually react to it unless you basically know it is coming and use your special preemptively (and/or have your finger hovering over the "D" key).

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hmmm...seems like it may be an issue with your keyboard. In a lot of cases the AI can grab you in the middle of your combo (boars do it a lot in this level). So that means there is a grapple while I'm spamming "A". But I can still potentially hit "D" if I notice my combo get interrupted.

I just wish PX was like every other game in the genre and let you break out of a grapple once it began. If they don't want to be too easy, make it so only using the special move early avoids damage. But let players bypass the full 30 second animations when they want to do so.

It would also be nice (if they didn't do the above) if the window for using your special move to avoid a grapple was about 0.25 seconds longer. As it is, it is too short a time frame to actually react to it unless you basically know it is coming and use your special preemptively (and/or have your finger hovering over the "D" key).
Try not attacking at all and just walking around, I feel like the avoid window is much longer in that situation.

Perhaps it is implemented as something like
When a grab triggers, you get 0.2s of gracetime where attacks are silently ignored and special escapes.
After that, you get another 0.5s where special escapes, but attack/jump immediately transitions to QTE-fail.
Or something along those lines (timings are estimates pulled out of my ass, I didn't actually measure them)

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Anybody know what the "announcer" says to warn you when you're being grabbed? Is it even a word?

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eh, samey animations and some characters like Blaze got the shaft again.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Eh, samey animations and some characters like Blaze got the shaft again.
Been explained before, for every two stage updates only Zeta, Rouge, Amy, and Tails gett animations then the following updates Blaze and Cream get caught up. So next update comes with the new gallery plus Cream and Blaze's new animations

Also Neokat handled the futas He really seems to apply his work to anything with a dick :p

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Anybody know what the "announcer" says to warn you when you're being grabbed? Is it even a word?
It says "scape." Short for "escape." Because escape is two syllables and two syllables would be too much time for you to easily hit the button. I guess.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Cleared the raft 4 times, when stuff stops spawning am i supposed to do something?

Justicex88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cleared the raft 4 times, when stuff stops spawning am i supposed to do something?
The same thing happened to me a couple times. The only way I got past was by physically killing the last enemy rather than knocking it off the edge.
I don't know if that will work for you, but that's the only thing I noticed that worked for me the one time. . .

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

Zeta gave us a little teaser for the new gallery system. According to the her, the looks aren't final at all as it is a prototype, but it is fully functional code wise and just needs the enemies to be hooked up.
You will be able to change enemies, characters and backgrounds on the fly. No word on boss animations.

Personally, I just love the "rape" button :D

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The same thing happened to me a couple times. The only way I got past was by physically killing the last enemy rather than knocking it off the edge.
I don't know if that will work for you, but that's the only thing I noticed that worked for me the one time. . .
I'll wait for the gallery in next year's update.

Personally, I just love the "rape" button :D
I strongly disagree with your personal opinion, the flat boxy shape, the depressing violet shade, the bland font. No, my friend, that is not a quality button. We need to start a petition to have it replaced with a popping red 3D animated button, i don't care if they need to upgrade the engine to Unreal 4, we deserve quality, for freedom!

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll wait for the gallery in next year's update.

I strongly disagree with your personal opinion, the flat boxy shape, the depressing violet shade, the bland font. No, my friend, that is not a quality button. We need to start a petition to have it replaced with a popping red 3D animated button, i don't care if they need to upgrade the engine to Unreal 4, we deserve quality, for freedom!
You misunderstand, I am not talking about the button specifically. It's the concept that amuses me :)

I would definitely sign that petition however...

tracingthelines

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What I gathered from their forums earlier was that the spikes on the floor count as enemies for the purposes of triggering the level transition, but they don't cause the "are all enemies dead" check that happens when an actual enemy dies. So just make sure you clear the raft of spikes before you defeat the final enemy, or you'll be stuck.

sophos

Reputation score

I looked through several pages, so hopefully I didn't just miss an answer somewhere. But is this game crashing when it tries to load a Stage for anyone else? Totally clean install, didn't try to load an old save or anything. It just says "Ultimate 2D Game Engine stopped working" before it can load Stage 1. Tried to mess with Compatibility settings, ran it as administrator, nothing seems to matter. It just dies.

Edit: Loaded the save from a few pages back and now it's working fine. Weird.

Last edited:

kingkeve

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Project X: New update v5.8 released April 8th 2015

for those who are confused about the tiki
or if you want to read it here you just press what he tells you really fast. so press up, down, down right, left, up , punchquickly then the hut next to him will open.
that doesnt work i think....
nvm had to let time run out then try again. weird.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Since they're making the animations for Cream and Blaze on the mansion now I would like to know what the secret was in that level and how to get to it. If there are Chaos emeralds about in the game are they gonna pull a Sonic Heroes or something on us and expect us to collect them all for the true final boss? Would be interesting if hilarious to see a super saiyan Zeta.

Last edited:

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

does any one has a save file? I am tired of re playing the first 4 levels again speciall 1 and 2 ><

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

does any one has a save file? I am tired of re playing the first 4 levels again speciall 1 and 2 ><
if you've already beaten all the levels then you should be able to new game and select the new one.

Edit: also im pretty sure a few pages back someone did post a save file.

chibataue

Cthulhu
Reputation score

here is a copy of my save, enjoy ;)