What's new

RPG RPG Maker [TheCardWielder] Agents of P.O.R.N

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, either i'm stupid or your link is dead???
Thank you for pointing that out, I must have forgotten to update this thread's link when I did a update to the game which implemented a grace period after battles to give some breathing room to the player so they can use items in between fights in case they get surronded by enemies.
Here is the updated link to this new version:
Sorry about forgetting to update the link.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thank you for pointing that out, I must have forgotten to update this thread's link when I did a update to the game which implemented a grace period after battles to give some breathing room to the player so they can use items in between fights in case they get surronded by enemies.
Here is the updated link to this new version:
Sorry about forgetting to update the link.
Thank you for the re-upload.

I still haven't actually tried the game so i won't comment on it just yet, but once i do i'll be sure to give some feedback (probably not today though)...

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Alright, finally got to playing this after having an hour or so of free time. And I've got some comments. I am aware that some, if not most (if not all, hopefully not) of these have been mentioned already. But I figured I might as well try for some constructive criticism for this version anyway.
Okay, I'll start with some positives. I enjoyed a lot of the scenes when grabbed by enemies. Personally liked the later ones with the demons. Always dig a good yuri scene. Thought the priabus with Symphony was gonna go somewhere else, but oh well. Just my other fetish thoughts going one way. I think the stat boosts via shards is a good idea. You can try different builds and see what works well for you. I can't really give any good opinions on the writing or stage layouts, but I didn't really have much issue with either. Maybe I'm just subconsciously tolerant of them.

Anyway, I'll move onto the criticism. I can understand why the leveling is spaced out and not focused too much on. But I think it should be balanced out by the other features you want to have. Up until the first boss, there's very little reason to fight, unless you REALLY want to grind for the next level and possible new move. You do find some fragments in the jungle, but I only ran across 3. Unless I missed some (which is likely), you only had 2 strength boosts and a resistance boost for the whole jungle/lab level. And by the time I reached the boss, I was only at level 4 with two action moves for each character. The action moves can vary in use as well. Sometimes if felt like I would do as much damage with a normal attack. Granted the enemies are all the same level and strength and HP the whole time, but those battles can really drag on sometimes. Especially if you run into a group of 4 enemies. You can be really unprepared for them if you've been using SP. You can get grapple locked and only be able to rely on the regular struggle to save you. And quite a few times, I felt like I was playing XCOM with how often the struggle missed. I found myself resetting the game sometimes if I encountered those groups of 4. Especially the slimes. They can take a real beating.

When I got to the city level and found out that the merchant was a thing, I was pretty glad that enemy fights were worth fighting now. Though I wished he was available in the first level so I could say the same for those enemy fights. Some fights really sapped your health and the small health potions felt like they only replaced the damage you just took, making that turn feel wasted. I feel the medium health potion would be a good starting point, given you don't have any other ways to heal other than a small amount when you break free of a grapple, or when you beat the encounter. The SP potions would be useful anywhere, given that it doesn't replenish after or outside of battles.

I think maybe having more fragments around the map would ease some of the annoyances with fights. Or maybe have some enemies give more exp when defeated in the first level, if the large gaps between levels are to remain. I know some of these are intentionally put in, so instead of suggesting to take them out or minimize their effect on the game, balancing them with the other features in the game would probably be a good way to do it. Also giving non-scripted enemy battles more worth would help in the long run, instead of them just being glorified mobile galleries.

Last edited:
OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alright, finally got to playing this after having an hour or so of free time. And I've got some comments. I am aware that some, if not most (if not all, hopefully not) of these have been mentioned already. But I figured I might as well try for some constructive criticism for this version anyway.
Okay, I'll start with some positives. I enjoyed a lot of the scenes when grabbed by enemies. Personally liked the later ones with the demons. Always dig a good yuri scene. Thought the priabus with Symphony was gonna go somewhere else, but oh well. Just my other fetish thoughts going one way. I think the stat boosts via shards is a good idea. You can try different builds and see what works well for you. I can't really give any good opinions on the writing or stage layouts, but I didn't really have much issue with either. Maybe I'm just subconsciously tolerant of them.

Anyway, I'll move onto the criticism. I can understand why the leveling is spaced out and not focused too much on. But I think it should be balanced out by the other features you want to have. Up until the first boss, there's very little reason to fight, unless you REALLY want to grind for the next level and possible new move. You do find some fragments in the jungle, but I only ran across 3. Unless I missed some (which is likely), you only had 2 strength boosts and a resistance boost for the whole jungle/lab level. And by the time I reached the boss, I was only at level 4 with two action moves for each character. The action moves can vary in use as well. Sometimes if felt like I would do as much damage with a normal attack. Granted the enemies are all the same level and strength and HP the whole time, but those battles can really drag on sometimes. Especially if you run into a group of 4 enemies. You can be really unprepared for them if you've been using SP. You can get grapple locked and only be able to rely on the regular struggle to save you. And quite a few times, I felt like I was playing XCOM with how often the struggle missed. I found myself resetting the game sometimes if I encountered those groups of 4. Especially the slimes. They can take a real beating.

When I got to the city level and found out that the merchant was a thing, I was pretty glad that enemy fights were worth fighting now. Though I wished he was available in the first level so I could say the same for those enemy fights. Some fights really sapped your health and the small health potions felt like they only replaced the damage you just took, making that turn feel wasted. I feel the medium health potion would be a good starting point, given you don't have any other ways to heal other than a small amount when you break free of a grapple, or when you beat the encounter. The SP potions would be useful anywhere, given that it doesn't replenish after or outside of battles.

I think maybe having more fragments around the map would ease some of the annoyances with fights. Or maybe have some enemies give more exp when defeated in the first level, if the large gaps between levels are to remain. I know some of these are intentionally put in, so instead of suggesting to take them out or minimize their effect on the game, balancing them with the other features in the game would probably be a good way to do it. Also giving non-scripted enemy battles more worth would help in the long run, instead of them just being glorified mobile galleries.[spoiler/]
Thank you for the feedback on my game! I'm glad you like the animations in the game, the later ones are probably better due to my process for developing animations and sprites improving as I've made progress with the game. The Symphony/Priabus scene was a bit experimental in terms of fetishes, but I want to try out a few different fetishes within this game, see what people like me drawing and animating and what they don't. Being at level 4 for the first boss seems to the average level that people are reaching it at, and as such I balanced it's stats for such an encounter.

As for the action moves themselves, they should all do more damage than a normal attack, unless I've coded something incorrectly within the moves themselves... I'll have to check. I believe the struggle chance might be a bit low, as I've had at least one of my early testers mention that they felt it missed a lot more often recently. Don't know why that would happen, but I can certainly look into tweaking the success chance a bit, I don't want to make it too reliable though, as then there is no point of the break free option.

The merchant only appearing in the second level fits the theme in my opinion, but I can certainly understand the idea of maybe improving the small HP serums to restore more health, then I can bump up the higher tier serums as well. I'm glad you're liking the gem system for improving stats, but I know my placement of where you get gems does currently mean you don't get many, especially in the early Jungle/Lab level of the game. I'm just worried that if I give too many to the player that it can trivialise the game (though I guess for a h-game, some players might like it being trivial to get through so they can justview the gallery).

As for the gap inbetween levels that, I have certainly noticed myself that the gaps seem to be rather wide very early on in the game. I'll probably discuss some of these ideas with the other members of my Discord server, to get their opinions on these features as well, see if they agree with you that I should change them.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I guess maybe I was just getting bad vibes from how the pacing was from the first level.
Clarifying a bit on my action move comment, it seems the damage range intersects with the normal attack's damage range, so I think that's why I had a bit of an issue there. Like a regular non-critical normal attack was near, if not at, the damage of an action move. Or at the very least, each character's starting action move.
And as for the levels for the characters, I would like to point out that aside from getting hit all at once with grapple moves, I didn't really have issues with difficulty for the game. It's just that the battles could be drawn out for quite some time, and really saps your SP away. And right now, you either have to draw out the fight to regen your SP, use the one rest point in the lab, or wait for the city level to get the SP restore item. Maybe for leveling up, instead of boosting attack stats, it could increase your SP more. Or maybe the amount of SP restored per turn. I was also thinking that maybe if you defeat an enemy, you'd get a bit of SP restored in the process.

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I guess maybe I was just getting bad vibes from how the pacing was from the first level.
Clarifying a bit on my action move comment, it seems the damage range intersects with the normal attack's damage range, so I think that's why I had a bit of an issue there. Like a regular non-critical normal attack was near, if not at, the damage of an action move. Or at the very least, each character's starting action move.
And as for the levels for the characters, I would like to point out that aside from getting hit all at once with grapple moves, I didn't really have issues with difficulty for the game. It's just that the battles could be drawn out for quite some time, and really saps your SP away. And right now, you either have to draw out the fight to regen your SP, use the one rest point in the lab, or wait for the city level to get the SP restore item. Maybe for leveling up, instead of boosting attack stats, it could increase your SP more. Or maybe the amount of SP restored per turn. I was also thinking that maybe if you defeat an enemy, you'd get a bit of SP restored in the process.
Fair enough, I can certainly look into how the damage is calculated for the special moves within my game, currently a few people agree that I should reduce the gap between levels in the game anyway. At certain levels the Agents do gain a minor increase in SP, but the main reason this probably isn't noticed is due to how slow the leveling system currently is. I did debate on adding a minor SP recovery after victory in the game, but I'll wait on that for after I've found out how the level system may change. Don't want to do too many changes at once after all.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So after playing this for a bit i can say that while i generally liked the game i have some gripes most of which were probably already mentioned before:

- Symphony's SP moves are too weak compared to Avarice's and i feel like the trade off of her specials causing abnormal effects isn't really worth the lack of damage... Her lack of STR also makes her a baggage like character that i don't want to deal with...

- The skills have a rather weird damage variance level. Most of the time they aren't worth the SP usage and you're better off just spamming normal attack.

- The four enemy groups... Seriously why is this a thing seeing how likely they are to stunlock your characters and disable your whole party in just two rounds.

- The maps are somewhat hard to navigate... Also i feel the maps lack a bit of detail (they feel too "flat") .

I also saw someone here suggesting that you could add a merchant and i too think that it might be a good idea, but personally i would make the merchant somewhat hidden as a sort of reward for people actually willing to explore each area thoroughly instead of just blazing trough the game...

Anyway these are all just my opinion and as such should be taken with more than a grain of salt so yeah...

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So after playing this for a bit i can say that while i generally liked the game i have some gripes most of which were probably already mentioned before:

- Symphony's SP moves are too weak compared to Avarice's and i feel like the trade off of her specials causing abnormal effects isn't really worth the lack of damage... Her lack of STR also makes her a baggage like character that i don't want to deal with...

- The skills have a rather weird damage variance level. Most of the time they aren't worth the SP usage and you're better off just spamming normal attack.

- The four enemy groups... Seriously why is this a thing seeing how likely they are to stunlock your characters and disable your whole party in just two rounds.

- The maps are somewhat hard to navigate... Also i feel the maps lack a bit of detail (they feel too "flat") .

I also saw someone here suggesting that you could add a merchant and i too think that it might be a good idea, but personally i would make the merchant somewhat hidden as a sort of reward for people actually willing to explore each area thoroughly instead of just blazing trough the game...

Anyway these are all just my opinion and as such should be taken with more than a grain of salt so yeah...
Symphony is always the one getting complain about it seems :( Poor girl, but I do get what people mean, statwise and special move wise early one she isn't the greatest, as she's more of a support style character than Avarice's all out damage approach. This is probably a mistake on my part during the initial design of these two characters, as I designed what Symphony was going to be like and what moves she had, while I let a friend of mine design Avarice in the early days of development. Her main point on the team only really picks up once she's level three and gains her buff special ability, but even then, you use it once, and then repeat again later when it almost wears off if necessary. I'll look into her special moves damage and status condition chances, and see if maybe tweaking them a bit might help her shine a bit more.

As for the damage variance, I've had this mentioned a few times we this update, so I'll be taking a look at all the special moves then I guess, ah well, learning what problems I have with character and move development now will help me to make better games quicker in the future.

The four enemy groups, I know then can stun lock the player characters quite easily, but that's why they exist, as a challenge for the player to overcome. I think the main problem to this is usually that if they all do their grapple attack on one character and then you fail the struggle chance, the player feels disassitisfied with the game as it was all beyond their control. I don't really want to remove four enemy fights as I like having a maximum of two enemies per player character, especially as I plan on creating a game in the future with this same game system, but with more than just two characters in it.

When you say the maps lack detail and feel "flat", what do you mean please? I'm new to design and creating maps myself, so any recommendations on how to improve them are greatly appreciated!

As for the Merchant, are you sure you played the latest version of the game? In the second part of the game (The City) you meet the Merchant character early on into the level, true he only appears in key locations after that, but he does exist within the game, as I added him due to fan requests for him, but I only wanted to have it make sense within the story for him to be there.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
When you say the maps lack detail and feel "flat", what do you mean please? I'm new to design and creating maps myself, so any recommendations on how to improve them are greatly appreciated!

As for the Merchant, are you sure you played the latest version of the game? In the second part of the game (The City) you meet the Merchant character early on into the level, true he only appears in key locations after that, but he does exist within the game, as I added him due to fan requests for him, but I only wanted to have it make sense within the story for him to be there.
Hmm, well about the maps it's probably just me feeling something being off about them... Don't take this as a complaint per say, it's more a matter of personal taste than anything else...

As for the merchant... Well i have to admit that i actually skipped that part of dialogue and totally ignored the guy afterwards so that's on me, but i still think the merchant should be somewhat more difficult to find seeing how Symphony and Avarice are on the mission behind enemy lines in a sort of survival situation where getting suplies is difficult... The best example of what i mean is probably the way Mephisto solved that particular issue in his Kunoichi Ninpocho game (the first game to be specific), basically making the merchant having a chance to appear in some of the areas in particularly difficult to reach or semi-hidden places. That means that if you manage to find/reach a merchant you would be one very happy camper but if not you would have to make do with what items you have on hand or find thus making item management very important...

In any case opinions (including mine) are just that... opinions, and thus while people might suggest/want this or that (aside from balance fixes), the best advice i can give you is to make the sort of game you yourself would like to play instead of just cramming anything and everything in, otherwise you will find out the hard way that it is impossible to please everyone...

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hmm, well about the maps it's probably just me feeling something being off about them... Don't take this as a complaint per say, it's more a matter of personal taste than anything else...

As for the merchant... Well i have to admit that i actually skipped that part of dialogue and totally ignored the guy afterwards so that's on me, but i still think the merchant should be somewhat more difficult to find seeing how Symphony and Avarice are on the mission behind enemy lines in a sort of survival situation where getting suplies is difficult... The best example of what i mean is probably the way Mephisto solved that particular issue in his Kunoichi Ninpocho game (the first game to be specific), basically making the merchant having a chance to appear in some of the areas in particularly difficult to reach or semi-hidden places. That means that if you manage to find/reach a merchant you would be one very happy camper but if not you would have to make do with what items you have on hand or find thus making item management very important...

In any case opinions (including mine) are just that... opinions, and thus while people might suggest/want this or that (aside from balance fixes), the best advice i can give you is to make the sort of game you yourself would like to play instead of just cramming anything and everything in, otherwise you will find out the hard way that it is impossible to please everyone...
Thanks for the response! Yeah, the merchant can be easily ignored if the player chooses to, but I prefer him being easily visible and accessible to the player. That way they know they have access to a shop, and it makes it somewhat easier on me in terms of providing non-gem items, as the shop allows the player to choose what they want. Plus, I have story reasons for why he's in the city anyway, but you'll just have to wait to find out what those reasons are.

One change I certainly am considering is the tweaks to the damages of special moves, I'll see how it feels before I make it permanent within the game. And I agree with you, I don't plan on putting in everything that people request, if I did, well it wouldn't be my game now would it? This game is an experimental first step for myself, which is why a fair few changes have happened to the overall game throughout this development period, but it's also why I ask for opinions and feedback so much, I want to learn how to improve as a game developer, so that once this game is finished, I know what I'm comfortable with doing within the RPG Maker program, and I know what level I'm at as a sprite artist. At the moment, I would say I'm still relatively new to both, as such, I want to test out some features that people might like, see if I could implement something like they request, but maybe not actually put it into the game if I feel it doesn't fit the theme of it. Same goes for the h-content, I want to know what fetishes people would like to see, and which ones I'm comfortable drawing sprites for and animating.

bobbot

Reputation score
just a thought i had... why not make exp a consumable somehow like a currencey for special items or maybe even as ammo for something like a big move. EDIT for not of fixed

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hmm, certainly an interesting idea, don't think I'll change Agents's experience / leveling system that much though, don't want to have to request people to start the entire game over again after all, but it would be interesting to see a game with that style of system

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Recently finished the latest Beta version of the game, 0.4.4, which includes the content for the next two locations of the City! Also includes two new enemies, as well as a hidden Bad End scene! I certainly hope you all enjoy the game so far, sorry this update is a bit later than I was hoping, but any feedback and questions are appreciated!

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Minor update for my game Agents or P.O.R.N. With this update I've included a few tweaks to the leveling and EXP systems, as well as a few other minor gameplay tweaks. Oh, and some bug fixing...:

Synn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Liking all the new additions so far. keep it up!

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So I recently finished the latest Beta update for Agents of P.O.R.N! Include in 0.5.2 is two new locations, a new enemy and a new hidden Bad End scene!

As usual, any and all feedback is appreciated!

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
So I recently finished the latest Beta update for Agents of P.O.R.N! Include in 0.5.2 is two new locations, a new enemy and a new hidden Bad End scene!

As usual, any and all feedback is appreciated!
I believe you forgot the link.

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I believe you forgot the link.
The links are updated on the OP, but you are right, I should have posted a link with that message! :O
Here we go!:
Thank you for pointing that out! :D

OP
TheCardWielder

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just posted the new update for Agents!:
With this update I've added the final location of the City, the Stadium. It's not as a big of a location as previous locations, but it does house the boss of the City area, so be prepared for that!
I have also added a battle simulator to the gallery as a few people on my Discord server requested such a feature.

Last edited: