What's new

Time-Stop RPG v0.5.3 (Demo 8/17/19)

Swallows999

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Time-Stop RPG - Created with RPGM VXAce
By Swallows999

Game Synopsis: The protagonist is an amateur wizard that has just graduated from the Hero Academy and is now slumming around without a purpose. A chance encounter with one of his past school mates, a female orc named Shagrath, causes him to discover a lost tome of magic that teaches the ability to stop time. He decides to get meddle with Shagrath and a whole host of other women (including some monster girls) on his adventures. Examples include: A dark elf sorceress, a haughty noble woman, a busty innkeeper and a poor, confused goblin.

Genres: Time Stop, Mind Control/Hypnosis (Only 1 scene), Nakadashi, Monster Girls

Patreon:
Artist:

Demo Download (v0.5.3, 8/17/18):

I've been working on this project for a few months, so this will be the only public demo. I will release one last Patreon-exclusive demo and then release the final version on Patreon as well.

If you encounter any bugs, errors, bad things- feel free to message me or post here. I would greatly appreciate it.

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
so it's like my favorite eroge hero, stopman. i'm gonna keep my good eye on that one.

z3r0theblade

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
agreed however i do wish there were more repeatable scenes and for the player character to be able to have longer scenes also a time system would be nice

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm surprised to say this but this is actually the first time stop style RPG game I've ever seen. There's Nighthawk but it's visual novel style. I think your game is the first one to ever bring it to rpgmaker style.

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well...there is "the stop of the world" on DLsite however the game does
contain some loli content so no links.
But I agree this genre is quite rare so looking forward to this one.

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just a question, but is all this art created just for this game? Because I am digging the art.

minishotgun

Reputation score
Ah time-stop, one of my Favorite Genres, i Enjoyed the game a lot up until the "end of this version" roadblock. story was funny, art is beautiful, and i enjoyed the references.

can't wait for the next update.

OP
Swallows999

Swallows999

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
so it's like my favorite eroge hero, stopman. i'm gonna keep my good eye on that one.
If you're talking about that red Time-Stop "superhero from back in the day, I LOVED that one. . . Holy shit, I just looked it up to reminiscence about it and if anyone is interested, I just found out the artist (alansmithee) has suddenly emerged from the deserts after 6 years of inactivity! :eek:

Just a question, but is all this art created just for this game? Because I am digging the art.
I will pass on your compliments to the chef! His name is NickFarie. He is the artist I've hired to create the CG sets for the game and hopefully for many games to come.

Ah time-stop, one of my Favorite Genres, i Enjoyed the game a lot up until the "end of this version" roadblock. story was funny, art is beautiful, and i enjoyed the references.

can't wait for the next update.
I should have clarified this in my post, but there is one Patreon-exclusive update left, which will drop sometime early September most likely. After that, the finished game will be released for Patrons in late October or early November.

I'm surprised to say this but this is actually the first time stop style RPG game I've ever seen. There's Nighthawk but it's visual novel style. I think your game is the first one to ever bring it to rpgmaker style.
There are a handful actually. Funnily enough, since I'm new to making games, I translated a Japanese Time-Stop game (時間停止RPG ウール・アバンチュール) to learn the RPGM engine a little bit before making my own. The same group also made There are a few others that I've played, but a lot of seem to make the mistake of trying to be a "real game" (with annoying grinding, weapon/armor management, leveling, giant overworlds with a lot of pointless wandering) when the player just wants to "have fun."