What's new

To WolfRPG translators

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hey guys,

for the last 2 days I've been trying to translate Wolf RPG games but for now I wasn't even able to open a project in the wolfRPG Editor.

I've seen people using DXextract to decrypt gamefiles but only a few of them found the necessary decryption key via Hexedit.

I really tried my best looking through hundreds of thousands of lines but couldn't find anything.

Is there a specific trick to decrypt encrypted .wolf files or another way to translate a wolfRPG game ?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: To WolfRPG translators

If you have arc converter (arc_conv.exe), you can just drag and drop .wolf files on it. In same folder that converter is, you will see a new folder with files from .wolf.

I have no idea if anything changed, because it's been a while since I used it.

EDIT:
So I just checked, and it actually extracts to the same folder where .wolf file is (no matter where arc converter is located).
And yeah, drag & drop works.

This is what I used, inside archive there is also short video with how-to.

Last edited:
OP
Krystallize<3

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If you have arc converter (arc_conv.exe), you can just drag and drop .wolf files on it. In same folder that converter is, you will see a new folder with files from .wolf.

I have no idea if anything changed, because it's been a while since I used it.

EDIT:
So I just checked, and it actually extracts to the same folder where .wolf file is (no matter where arc converter is located).
And yeah, drag & drop works.

This is what I used, inside archive there is also short video with how-to.
Just tried it out, sadly doesn't work, at least for the games I want to translate. Acerola probably decrypts there files another way than most others...

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Let's see, there is also this:

Windows installation instructions on same page.

Acerola you say?
Looking at their games, I don't think they changed anything. Considering that KANADE was released year ago, someone was making translation for that, so something must have worked. Unless their Treasure Hunter Claire ~Cum Collecting Adventurer~ is different in this regard, which could be as it's their newest title.
I don't own it, so I can't take a look.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The problem you're having is that recently, WolfRPG changed the way that it packs archives. To my knowledge, there is no tool that can unpack/repack recent games - which I believe includes Acerola's Treasure Hunter Claire.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You actually can't change anything about a .wolf file, just like you can't change anything about a .rgssad/.rgss2a/..rgss3a file - you can only change its content, simply because WolfRPG, just like RPGMaker is an engine.

Now, the only change lately is that the most recent version of WolfRPG started using DXArchive v6 by default, whereas previous version used v5. It also changed xor key used by the engine.

This change made arc_conv pretty much defunct, as it's written in asm, making it somewhat hard to update. There are more generic tools for DXArchives, some of which were updated to support that format - they just need the new key. There's also a python script that can unpack those archives - the format of the archive is actually quite simple, only complicated part is the internal compression used on some of the files (not images/sounds - those are explicitly excluded, but databases/text files are compressed).

sandchainz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You actually can't change anything about a .wolf file, just like you can't change anything about a .rgssad/.rgss2a/..rgss3a file - you can only change its content, simply because WolfRPG, just like RPGMaker is an engine.

Now, the only change lately is that the most recent version of WolfRPG started using DXArchive v6 by default, whereas previous version used v5. It also changed xor key used by the engine.

This change made arc_conv pretty much defunct, as it's written in asm, making it somewhat hard to update. There are more generic tools for DXArchives, some of which were updated to support that format - they just need the new key. There's also a python script that can unpack those archives - the format of the archive is actually quite simple, only complicated part is the internal compression used on some of the files (not images/sounds - those are explicitly excluded, but databases/text files are compressed).
Nope! There are games made in RPG Maker VX Ace that uses rpack package format instead of rgss.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The problem you're having is that recently, WolfRPG changed the way that it packs archives. To my knowledge, there is no tool that can unpack/repack recent games - which I believe includes Acerola's Treasure Hunter Claire.

Hmm... To me it seems like a matter of time.
Question is: how long?

slepth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have you tried this:

If someone is looking for a way to extract the game files from the new version of the game, you can use the DxaDecode.exe that comes with .

Usage:
DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 archive

Eg.
DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 EV-Pic.wolf

Same key works for all new Wolf RPG games.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@sandchainz: that's somewhat imprecise: games using wfPcrypt.dll (library behind rpack files) still need their initialization data in the engine format (either as rgss3a blobs or unpacked); it's simply that after that initialization engine adds files in those archives, reading them (with functions from that lib) from rpack archives.

That's pretty much the same with any extensible engine, where you can add your own functions for file access.

mario80

Reputation score

Have you tried this
If someone is looking for a way to extract the game files from the new version of the game, you can use the DxaDecode.exe that comes with .

Usage:
DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 archive

Eg.
DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 EV-Pic.wolf

Same key works for all new Wolf RPG games.
:
Thanks slepth and steveju this really works

To Encode again use this
DxaEncode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 carpet pass archive.wolf

Eg.
DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 EV-Pic pass EV-Pic.wolf

JackyHF

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is there anything I need for the decoding to work? I assume I need more than just the dxadecode.exe, right? Because I want to try this out.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, this is pure thread necromancy, but I feel like updating with some only slightly relevant data.

On 2021/02/27 WolfRPGEditor was updated to 2.255, on 2021/04/20 it went up to 2.264 - both are using v8 dxarchives.
I've mentioned this format in another thread - will be far less pleasant to unpack.

Yay.

RSV2

Reputation score
to JustLurksHere
Does it mean, that it's impossible now to get key to unpack new Wolf RPG archives, because it will takes alot times?

steveju

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Key has been found for new Wolf RPG titles. Included are the decode and encode tools from DXArchive v1.08

Example use:
DxaDecode.exe -K:WLFRPrO!p(;s5((8P@((UFWlu$#5(= EV-Pic.wolf

Attachments

Fleyr

Reputation score
Key has been found for new Wolf RPG titles. Included are the decode and encode tools from DXArchive v1.08

Example use:
DxaDecode.exe -K:WLFRPrO!p(;s5((8P@((UFWlu$#5(= EV-Pic.wolf

I've been trying to use this to unpack One Way Heroics Plus, but to no avail
Can any of you help me on it? This is the only thread I've found with any relevant info

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Given that the author of One Way Heroics Plus is also the author of Wolf RPG Editor, chances are it's using a custom build with its own key.