What's new

[WIP - Full] TOKYO天魔 translation project

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The game is:
RJ119143
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ119143.html

Well i have been thinking if i should post this thread after i end translating or before. Just now im half-way but i decided to say something.

This is a FULL TRANSLATION PROJECT and i have already done:
-Actors
-Armors
-Classes
-Enemies
-GameINI
-Items
-Weapons
-System
-States
-Scripts

Still needs to be done:
-Commonevents (Its mostly h scenes so it will be the last thing i will do)
-Maps (some are done like 13/58)
-Skills (half-done)
-Troops (negotiation messages, i havent started it)

I will release it when i have it done at 100%, if i have luck that means 1-2 weeks, if unlucky i suppose over a month.

In this project im using rpgmakertrans.

I havent tested anything yet and i hope that after im done there will be quite a few testers...

Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: TOKYO天魔 translation project

whoa nice job, i remember this game was very enthralling in the gameplay mechanics and art.

Don't recall why I didn't continue playing it oh well looking forward to your translation.
がんばって~

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

whoa nice job, i remember this game was very enthralling in the gameplay mechanics and art.

Don't recall why I didn't continue playing it oh well looking forward to your translation.
がんばって~
Same here, I stopped it for some reason.

Good luck asestado!

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i hope that after im done there will be quite a few testers...
i imagine there will.

it's a really good game.

i'm not exactly thrilled to go through it again but i'll probably just cheat my way through it this time.

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I will release it when i have it done at 100%, if i have luck that means 1-2 weeks, if unlucky i suppose over a month.
I'm confused, there's a lot of progress to make here but you're saying it'll be 100% done reasonably soon?

I'm probably being stupid but it'd be nice to know if I should get really excited for a translation soon or if it's to go on a backburning interest.

OP
A

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm confused, there's a lot of progress to make here but you're saying it'll be 100% done reasonably soon?

I'm probably being stupid but it'd be nice to know if I should get really excited for a translation soon or if it's to go on a backburning interest.
Im still in progress, the ones who have most of the text are maps, but the h scenes are a hell to translate.

Most of what i have left are h scenes and... uff.

P.D: Being more clear, without h scenes i could give the game translation this weekend.

Last edited:

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Im still in progress, the ones who have most of the text are maps, but the h scenes are a hell to translate.

Most of what i have left are h scenes and... uff.

P.D: Being more clear, without h scenes i could give the game translation this weekend.
Ah, fair enough. H Scenes are a pretty big part of these games so it'll be a fair while before a full completion.

Oh well: Patience activate!

Rateptaker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have you given up or are you still working on it?

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He hasn't been online since april so... I wanted this to be a thing too, I did like this game. Too bad.

OP
A

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Have you given up or are you still working on it?
I just did a fatal mistake and have been mad until recently. Just for the information this is what happened:

-After i finished the translation i used the patch to translate the game
-It ended and i though "finally"
-Tried the game and it wasnt translated
-Open the patch archives and i find two types of things, first one is a LOT of text which wasnt translated and another part where parts that just said "CONTEXT: None < UNUSED". Which remained translated. All the data that i had about maps and mostly everything got destroyed.

So unfortunately i ended up so mad that i didn't even want to enter the forum.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've made the same mistake before. this is why you get testers and make a backup copy :(

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just did a fatal mistake and have been mad until recently. Just for the information this is what happened:

-After i finished the translation i used the patch to translate the game
-It ended and i though "finally"
-Tried the game and it wasnt translated
-Open the patch archives and i find two types of things, first one is a LOT of text which wasnt translated and another part where parts that just said "CONTEXT: None < UNUSED". Which remained translated. All the data that i had about maps and mostly everything got destroyed.

So unfortunately i ended up so mad that i didn't even want to enter the forum.
I've run afoul of the "UNUSED" thing as well. All I can suggest is letting habisain know and always, always back up your work so it doesn't stay destroyed. Also, don't lose heart! ^^

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yeah, one of the first things I learned doing was making backup copies of everything, I normally update my backups whenever I finish another h-scene so in case of something unforseen happening I lose one scene at most. For backups I use an external drive + as another safety net I backup everything online.

Here is me hoping you get back to your project, I played the game once and it was rather enjoyable if you are still looking for people that proofread/playtest count me in, I would love to do just that.
Also, have you heard DMM kinda adapted the game and added a bunch of new scenes you may wanna look into that. :)

OP
A

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, one of the first things I learned doing was making backup copies of everything, I normally update my backups whenever I finish another h-scene so in case of something unforseen happening I lose one scene at most. For backups I use an external drive + as another safety net I backup everything online.

Here is me hoping you get back to your project, I played the game once and it was rather enjoyable if you are still looking for people that proofread/playtest count me in, I would love to do just that.
Also, have you heard DMM kinda adapted the game and added a bunch of new scenes you may wanna look into that. :)
Well I know that i will re-do it when i have time, unfortunately i dont have a lot of free time for now. I suppose in august i may have the redo, but this time i will be absolutely careful, i dont truly want another epic fail. It still hurts having wasted so much time.

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a lesion we all have to learn sooner or later, better on something like this then on your livelihood though.

Also trust me never buy harddrives from a guy name Periwinkle outside of a Frys

namhoang909

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

seem like a good game, i wonder what kind of obstacles i'll have

odrosu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It has been a year my friend XDDD go on do your job

ill be supporting ya! and waiting waiting

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It has been a year my friend XDDD go on do your job

ill be supporting ya! and waiting waiting
His last activity was back on June. If I were you, I'd probably stop hoping at this point.

It's really sad that they don't just come and say "hey, I've abandoned this translation, sorry.", but instead let people hope for ever and ever...

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

His last activity was back on June. If I were you, I'd probably stop hoping at this point.

It's really sad that they don't just come and say "hey, I've abandoned this translation, sorry.", but instead let people hope for ever and ever...
Well there are many ways to see it, perhaps real life has been a dick or even worse he had an accident or something.

I truly hope that it is something in the line of "i feel embarrased to not have any time so I dont appear".