What's new

ACT [Toushiryoku Laboratory] 爆撃ワンダホー★ (RJ435596)

OP
Teh Imprisoned

Teh Imprisoned

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Game got an update. They made some bosses easier, made 5 of the levels "extra" levels allowing for quicker loops of the main stages, and added a cheat menu, which lets you raise your starting HP, carry more than 1 bomb, and even enable the ability to create bombs in every stage. You can also toggle through the game clear screens in the gallery, if you have them all unlocked already.
They've also added an All Ages mode, and I think a new SFW game clear screen for it? You can also revert the game to the original stage layout, with the original difficulty bosses too.

Also I realized there was no longer a link to the dev's twitter in the OP, which is where they post all their news at. , and I'll add one into the OP too.

Karothat

Reputation score
Hello, I'm having some trouble playing the game: for some reason, the game keeps thinking I'm pressing the up and left arrows, so the heroin is constantly running to the left if I don't force her to go right, and I can't enter the very first combos because of that. Anyone know why that happens? I'm playing with a keyboard with japanese region and an emulator for the japanese locale (otherwise it won't even start).
Did you try installing vJoy? Completely solved the problem for me.

sonny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I got the 5k fruits and what was unlocked to me were just a pair of red glasses,
it's that so?

OP
Teh Imprisoned

Teh Imprisoned

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I got the 5k fruits and what was unlocked to me were just a pair of red glasses,
it's that so?
Some of the pictures in the gallery are censored with a Pink Heart. The Red Glasses will remove those hearts.
Unfortunately, Momoko's Heart-shaped Stickers stay on.
As far as I can tell, that's the final unlock given for collecting Fruits.

sonny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Some of the pictures in the gallery are censored with a Pink Heart. The Red Glasses will remove those hearts.
Unfortunately, Momoko's Heart-shaped Stickers stay on.
As far as I can tell, that's the final unlock given for collecting Fruits.
Thanks! yeah just a couple of pictures can de decensored with that :-/
also, do you have any idea of how to get more ending cards? I've unlocked just one until now

EggsnBacon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Anyone willing to share their 100% save file? Getting 100% is way too grindy.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Sounds like you've got a controller plugged in. You don't need to install vJoy, just unplug your controller. Or use it to play.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I heard of quite a few cases where it happened even without a controller.
But have you seen it? Or are you trusting the word or random people on the internet? It's easy to forget you've got a controller plugged in even if you aren't so computer illiterate you need a guide to extract a .rar or run an .exe, which a surprising number of people that somehow manage to make it to the internet and assault us with their woes, are.

jarial89

Reputation score
But have you seen it? Or are you trusting the word or random people on the internet? It's easy to forget you've got a controller plugged in even if you aren't so computer illiterate you need a guide to extract a .rar or run an .exe, which a surprising number of people that somehow manage to make it to the internet and assault us with their woes, are.
I never even owned a controller yet still had that problem, so can confirm this happens even with no controller in the same room

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
See, random people on the internet will say ANYTHING! This guy's got 3 fucking posts. There's no way he could possibly think that I'm going to believe what he's saying is factual. It's nothing personal, in fact with so little to go off of I can't be personal, there's just not enough data for me to even guess at their credibility.

foofdoof99

Reputation score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the sprites from Momoko Hyaku Retsu Kobushi because I'm kinda desperate to find out how to get them right now. So if you know how, please tell me.

sonny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the sprites from Momoko Hyaku Retsu Kobushi because I'm kinda desperate to find out how to get them right now. So if you know how, please tell me.

Attachments

foofdoof99

Reputation score
While this is helpful in and of itself, what I meant was every one of the sprites for Momoko when she is playable, like her walking, jumping, punching, etc; nevertheless I will take these anyway, thank you, but if you do know how to get those sprites, please don't hesitate to tell me.

There are some files in the game/editadata/chranm directory that are all .dat files, and there is on called ch_animation that I think has the sprites, but I don't know how to extract things from .dat files. I looked it up, and apparently .dat files can hold a multitude of things (like sound files, images, or text), and that it's important to know what thing it is in order to use the correct software for it, but the problem is that every time I get linked to a software that rips sprites from games, it is always game specific, and it doesn't work for Momoko Hyaku Retsu Kobushi. The was one for Touhou, Watch Dogs, "FL," and probably a lot more than that, so I don't know if I'm shit out of luck or not.

OP
Teh Imprisoned

Teh Imprisoned

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I actually tried to rip sprites from the second game, but to no avail. However, I did learn some things when I tried it. Though keep in mind, some of this might be wrong.

I believe that this dev uses a custom engine that they keep updating over the years. I believe it's based on the "Hot Soup Processor" programming language, which is based off of "BASIC".
The TL;DR on those is that they're old, Japanese based programming languages, rather than the typical English based ones like C# or Java. This is probably why a lot of people have trouble running the games without Japanese locale.

I also know someone already succeeded because there's sprite sheets for Wonderful Pink and Wonder Mission on Sprite Database. They're credited to a "Maneko", but I was never able to get into contact with them, nor figure out what method they used. The Wonder Mission sprites in particular seem to have some unused sprites included, so Maneko probably got them directly from those .dat files you mentioned.

There was also an English Patch in development for Wonderful Pink 2 on a 4chan thread a long time ago. Either in /v/ or /e/ They also were able to get at the sprites in someway, as they were able to translate UI and even that one puzzle in the 3rd stage. But again, they never really said how they did it. The patch was also never fully finished.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I know it's possible, and if we could figure out how it was done for the older games, the same methods would probably still work, even for this newest one. I just have no idea how it was done.

Those two projects I mentioned are probably the biggest leads you'll find, but from my experience they just end in dead ends. I hope you have better luck, because I would love to have a way to rip the sprites of these games.

foofdoof99

Reputation score
I found out how to do it. So the problem is that we were looking too hard. Way too hard. Also I was looking in the wrong place. You see, the sprites aren't located in any .dat files, or maybe they are, but either way I couldn't figure out how to extract anything from them, so I don't know. But the bin folder is where everything is at. All you have to do is change the file format from .bin to .bmp, and you will be able to view it with whatever your default image-viewing program is. I seriously can't believe how much research I've done, how many applications that I've downloaded, and how much time I spent for the answer to have been THIS simple this WHOLE TIME; nevertheless... I am content.

By the way, the bin files are located in the Game/game/bin/mt directory.

Another thing- if you want to know how to change the names of multiple files at once, watch this video:

OP
Teh Imprisoned

Teh Imprisoned

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I found out how to do it. So the problem is that we were looking too hard. Way too hard. Also I was looking in the wrong place. You see, the sprites aren't located in any .dat files, or maybe they are, but either way I couldn't figure out how to extract anything from them, so I don't know. But the bin folder is where everything is at. All you have to do is change the file format from .bin to .bmp, and you will be able to view it with whatever your default image-viewing program is. I seriously can't believe how much research I've done, how many applications that I've downloaded, and how much time I spent for the answer to have been THIS simple this WHOLE TIME; nevertheless... I am content.
OK, That method does work for the .bin files. But WP2 has a few .ang files that don't work the same way. That and the two games after that use .ag2's for just about everything in the mt folder.
I'm curious if a similar solution works for those files, if we can figure out whatever other file extension would work.

drumstick

Lurker
Reputation score
By the way, the bin files are located in the Game/game/bin/mt directory.
Surprisingly, the majority of the sprites are found in the "chr_book" folder in the "lib" folder this time. As to the non-sprited artwork in the game, my best guess is that they are contained in the new .ag3 files. Still, here you go; if you want to view them in order, make sure to organize them by date modified ascending.

Attachments