What's new

Tower Descent

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Tower Descent

Both Zana and Lilian moved on fairly coldly from the view, though Yuna did turn to the old bones far too scattered to even hint who this group may have been. She'd give the fallen ones a solemn look her eyes darting down, before she'd stand and rush in pursuit of her friends.

Still soon enough the trio arrived at the gates and looked to each other. Lilian looking both ways to meet Yunas prepared nod and a confident smile from Zana, they were ready to continue!...

Though as the portal finished, suddenly pleasant albeit plain music echoed out as the smells and sounds of a common inn echoed around? "What the..." both Lilian and Yuna looked on in confusion... was this an illusion? Zana meanwhile looked around with clear curiousity. This hardly seemed like the second floor... more of some sort of respite area?

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A moment later Deliah waved the party over her pleasant demeanor a clear contrast to her almost sadistic glee during her card game. "Welcome dears to the Respite Inn. Here the master will let you so generously rest and renew for the next floor. There is an Inn, a bath, tavern, and item emporium and of course you can partake of my services. Both cards and other things. Deliah would give Yuna a prolonged seductive look. "You may also leave the tower if you want. Of course you would forfit your chance at you wish being fulfilled and would forget all about this place but of those less of fortitude it can be an easy out.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Delilah." Zana seemed to approach and sit down as if their previous encounter never even happened. Afterall, the card play was not a personal attack or trap by the female herself.

Lilian and Yuna both listened out the explanation of the strange inn... so it was a respite for the 'contestants'? While it seemed an oddly generous move from the demon, it was unlikely anyone that braved the tower objected to it "Why?" Yuna asked "Doesn't this demon want to kill us or worse?" she'd look to Delilah curiously, who'd still keep a suspicious spark in her eyes looking at the fiery girl.

Lilian however had a significantly different question in mind "So then everyone that entered the tower... they pass through here?" the knights thoughts solely focused on her sister... could she possibly be here? "Is there any way to contact the others?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh silly brawler. This is the Masters game. He wants you at your best. After all if he wanted you dead you would be dead. Instead he takes delight in hero's failing on their own. Even I have to admit your battle with the Black thorn was tantalizing." Turning to Lillian she would smile "Any who make it past their first challenge dear and really any subsequent ones as well. Though chances of meetings with the others are rare. Though I suppose it could happen." Turning to Zana Deliah pouted "Dos orn'la inbal morfel natha ssin'urn dalninil Zana. Olt natha suldaim dos malaruth qua'laen ol. (You would have made a beautiful sister Zana. Its a shame you fought against it.)" The dark-elfs eyes glittered a moment. "D'elezz g'rftte ulu l'dumoas dos xal quin valm ussta olath jabbress' erl'elee. (Though thanks to the blessing you may yet join my dark mistress's embrace.)."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Zana smirked at the words as she met Delilahs gaze, though whatever exchange they may have had was quickly interrupted by Lilian "Then how do I find someone in this accursed place?!" for once the girl was a farcry from her subdued nature.

This was a safe spot, a safe place for her to meet Emily... though if she could leave here, why didn't she?! The thought of her sister falling to the horrors all too keen attempted to nibble at Lilians resolved, but she shunned it aside "If there is such a place like this, there has to be a way to find Emily!" both Zana and Yuna quickly took note of the knights reaction as she looked to Delilah for answers.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deliah raised and eyebrow. "I would thinking looking would be the answer. The inn is not so large as to hide everyone. Perhaps you should ask the bartender or the inn keep." Turning back to Zana she spoke again. "L'phish lauske uss zhah raeh'li. Usstan belbau ilta goros nythe llar p'los il zhah l'ehmtua's elg'caress. (The red hair one is fierce. I give her till floor three before she is the masters bitch.)

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lilian narrowed her eyes subtly as she turned around and headed onwards towards the inkeep, leaving Yuna to catch up and try to calm the girls sudden ferocity.

"Then you've no eye for talent, Delilah." Zana finally spoke up, keeping a sly smirk as she turned to her two companions "That one is strong. One of the strongest I've seen. She has some weaknesses, but in combat she's hard to match." the witch would keep some secrets regarding her companion from Delilah.

"What of the other one?" Delilah looked to Zana "Yuna~" Zana smiled slyly "Oh~ She's a treat. Inexperienced, naive and careless, but such raw talent and ferocity... I think even she doesn't realize how dangerous she can be." the witch snickered looking to Yuna cling to Lilians hand as she was literally dragged onwards by the knight in a comedic fashion.

"And what about you, Zana of the Elderwood. Accursed witch, Terror of Norbek, Murderer of the Yrgon tribe." she'd look to the witch, who quite visibly sharpened her gaze at the woman "How long will you last until you submit to the master. We'd love to have you here, Zana."

Zana looked to her, before fixing her hat playfully "Sorry Del. I'm just not a master serving girl." she'd wink slyly to her standing up, with Delilah leaving the conversation with "You will be." before Zana left to look around the area some more.

Meanwhile Yuna attempts seemed to have quelled Lilian enough to ask around on possibility to reach out to some of the 'contestants' or at the very least learn if anyone heard of Emily anywhere around.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Neko barmaid seemed the most talkative of the bunch and easily listened to Lillian's pleads nodding solemnly. "Can't say I've seen any girls lately besides you three and the dark elf whore. What did she look like again miss? I see so many people come and go some never to return. Its a sad enough story so I don't try to make friends. Though I guess you could always leave a note in the quest book."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With Yuna and the much more friendly and helpful Neko girl, Lilian seemed to calm down entirely "She's young, in her early adult years. Her name is Emily, she should've passed here... a few years ago." the girls voice faultering briefly as the subconsciously shunned amount of time echoed out... it had taken her 2 years to reach this place. Who know what could've happened during such a long amount of time. Yuna seemed to catch this as well, her mood visibly dimming...

"She has long auburn hair, a few freckles on her face as well... people say she looks alot like me! A single blade user?" Lilian elaborated hopefully and looked on to the Neko girl.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Emily? I know her." Lillian turned sharply to another woman. "Or well I knew her. Who knows what she is now." The woman who was speaking was pale of skin her hair a midnight black with purple highlights that caught even the faint candle light of the bar. Her eyes shared the same color as her highlights and bared the weight of too many battles and too many friends lost. She wore a skimpy leather armor black in color but thick. However it left a good section of her belly exposed and failed to cover her arms. Her hands bore simple finger-less leather gloves. She didn't seem to carry any obvious weapons on her person and from the looks of her tight leather pants she didn't have any hidden there either. "I would suggest you head out of here knight. Your sister is one of the night sisters now. Vampire's and their slaves. Go home and remember her for who she was not what she's become."

Last edited:

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lilian did indeed turn to the stranger and listened out to her, the girls eyes remaining wide briefly, before they grew sharp "I came here to take Emily back home. I'm not leaving without her..." she'd answer the woman darkly and approached "Where are these Night sisters?"

While Yuna observed Lilians fervor for information, what Delilah said rang out at the back of her head constantly... she was free to leave. Yuna didn't want to come here, she hardly even planned it! Heck last she remembered she went to bed in her usual inn, next day she was to head out and kick a few bandits ass for being bastards. Why would she stay in this gods-forsaken tower any longer than she needed to... The place seemed like an utter death-trap!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman looked at Lillian and set her drink down. "They usually occupy the fourth floor. What the bastard that created this place calls The Town of Remorse." With that the woman went back to her drink. "If you make it there good luck. That place is a death trap."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lilian listened to the female and raised an eyebrow "How did you know Emily?" the female most certainly hardly seemed like a reliable ally! Still as she spoke, there did not appear to be any hostility or mischief coming from her... Lilian would sit with the female and look to her in an inspecting manner. Perhaps she could learn more of her sisters two years absence.

Meanwhile Yuna would briefly walk away, looking through the public and noting Delilah was alone again... she had to ask! The girl approached the female and unsurely spoke up "Is it true? We can leave? Any of us?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Lillian sat to speak with the stranger further Yuna approached the dark elf. Looking on at her Yuna couldn't help be slightly drawn to her. There was something almost like an aura around her that drew the brawler close. "Indeed you can leave but its a one time offer. If you don't take it you will not be offered it again."

Nearby Lillian was asking the stranger about Emily. "Well for awhile we traveled the tower together killing the monsters driving every closer to the end. She never did tell me why she came here and I never asked. We had good times though when she left it was after a rather intense battle with the Night Sisters. Even though we won we had to fall back to rest. Emily was seriously hurt and after she recovered she was different. She had the vague look in her eye and just wandered off one night. We of course followed only to find her offering her neck to the leader of the Sisters. Willingly giving herself to the Nights Sisters. We realized she had broken that our friend Emily had given up."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yuna raised an eyebrow "So he went through all the trouble to trap us here... and just lets us leave? Only after the first trial? Whats the catch here?" she'd frown crossing her eyes. Things just didn't add up.

"Liar!!" Lilian stood up seemed burning with fury at the words! Her hands slamming against the table and seemingly spurring a brief moment of silence as everyone looked to the knight "Gave herself over? Never! Emilys stronger than that!"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The catch my dear is if your too weak to stay then you should leave. The master dose not want a boring performance. But you my dear.." The dark was soon face to face with Yuna. "You can put on a good show for the master. Of course leaving has a price too. Stay or go."

As Lillian made her outburst the woman just sat and calmly drank. "Belive what you will."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So then there was a price! "Oh? And what price is that?" Yuna raised an eyebrow looking to the girl, her hands crossed comfortably as she'd listen to her... could she really do it? What would Lilian and Zana do?

Lilian did not answer as she silently turned away and walked off, her hands squeezed into tight fists... could this woman be telling the truth? Had her little sister given over to vampires?..

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deliah would just smile and lean up close to Yuna and whisper in her ear. "Simple lovely if you want to leave just spend one night completely at my mercy." Gently Deliah would blow on Yuna's ear before sitting back down.

"Oi darkelf whore you know thats not how it works!" Turning Yuna and Lillian saw the woman she had been talking to stand up. Deliah would pout. "Hope..... why do you have to ruin my fun." Standing up Deliah would summon a nasty barbed whip. The woman named Hope would simply look at it before she gripped her hands revealing purple energy blades forming around her hands. "Deliah...... I will end you yet." The woman would shake her head freeing her long elven ears. "To reclaim the honor of our people..."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yuna raised an eyebrow... odd that seemed like strange way to earn the Tower Masters favor. Though shortly after, a conflict seemed to slowly develop! The brawler blinked and stepped aside as the duo exchanged their gazes at one another... Yuna wouldn't get in the middle of this and would quickly 'Eep' out of the crossfire!

Though her cover seemed to have placed her in the corner near Lilian, who seemed to not even register what was going on. Yuna blinked at the sight, though even in the dimmer light she could see tear drops resting on the girls armor.

"Lilly?" Yuna blinked, as Lilian seemed to tense up lightly at hearing the girls voice.

"We used to call ourselves the Blackmist Brigade. Me, Em, Vernon, Mike and Biggie." Lilian would speak up, the memories of the better times so fierce that she just had to speak them out... "Not--- Not much of a brigade, but we'd have called ourselves that since we were little. Emily would follow her big sister with a wooden sword, always trying to prove herself and always getting into trouble." she'd snicker sadly "Trouble I always had to get her out of... Em."

"Are you really just going to take her word for it?" Yuna quickly frowned and approached her as the conflict nearby was about to start soon! "She's alive, right? So we just need to find her. Who else will save her if not her big sister!" Yuna gave Lilian a bit of pep-talk... as it was clear the stranger had brushed exactly the fears Lilian carried with her. It had been two years, while at the first year Lilian was relentless in her search... the mounting horror stories of the tower and the passage of time, had long since diminished the girls hope to find her sister alright.

Though Yuna was right... she had come here all this way, Emily was here afterall and she was still alive! Lilian would seen her no matter what! No matter what!

"Y-yeah... sorry..." the red haired girl seemed to turn away and clear her face with her glove, turning to Yuna with a smile "I just..." "No need for--" just as Yuna spoke with a confident grin, something echoed out behind her. The conflict?!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deliah snapped her wicked looking whip drawing the eye of all in the bar. The woman who Lillian had been speaking with calmly looked at her a moment and let her purple blade fade. "Do not forget the rules Deliah. This place is a sanctuary no fighting." Turning away from the woman Hope moved to the innkeep a crusty looking dwarf and handed over a token before taking a key and heading to where the rooms likely where. Deliah for her part simply sighed and placed her whip back on her side, letting the air in the inn settle greatly.

Meanwhile Zana found the room she had been looking for. Books upon books sat on shelves or desks, some even piled on the floor. Smiling to herself to ease the task at hand. Sure she had found it but most of these books are where likely final journals of fallen adventures. Gleaming any information from them would be time consuming to say the least.