What's new

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Trainer Games

I don't really like doing all the pay wall stuff since I feel like people should judge the game based on what it is and then decide if they want to see it continue being made
My remark wasn't about creating a pay-wall, more about being as spoiler-free as possible :)

There are a bunch of clothing options that I just wasn't able to put in at the current time that, that build was made but from the other posts on my patreon I already added the canon costume and remaking some of the other clothing options like fish nets and yoga pants to fit into the newer reworked helen model for the next build
As long as it's not slutty-ridiculous (and yes, clothes can be slutty-elegant), I'm in ^^

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My remark wasn't about creating a pay-wall, more about being as spoiler-free as possible :)
I agree with Manamana on this.

Basically it is about finding the balance between giving the audience enough to see whether they are interested or not but keeping some things hidden for us to experience by playing. Not knowing and discovering something you like is half the fun for me.

Horros345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess I'll throw my stuff in here as well
I'm making a incredibles trainer fondly called Super mom so that I don't get copyrighted
I would really appreciate some actual feedback that isn't just hug box shit since I need it to actually improve the game and stuff

Here's the current demo that I have
All of my stuff on patreon is open and i'm mostly using it as a forum so no need to throw any money or anything

www . patreon.com/posts/4453746
Wish i had seen this sooner, jumped on as a patreon sub I like what ive seen in the demo thus far.

Where does the demo end? Still clicking around but i'm not seeing any progression outfit wise past 5 parts for the top and bottom.

tropic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wish i had seen this sooner, jumped on as a patreon sub I like what ive seen in the demo thus far.

Where does the demo end? Still clicking around but i'm not seeing any progression outfit wise past 5 parts for the top and bottom.
If you got all 7 balls then an ending event will play and you'll be done.
But unless you save scum it'll be really hard to do.
Press B to open inventory to see how many you have
otherwise if you just went through it once and have the outfits 10 - 50 unlocked for both helen and violet you're pretty much done

I wanted to add more but I haven't been in dev that long (3 months) So I ran into a big problem with bugs and the like and had to remove a bunch of stuff

Hopefully when standalone basement build comes out sometime in the middle of march I can call that a successful demo

wytdb2

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey Tropic,

Enjoyed the demo. Really, really funny too. Hope you keep it up.

You should make a separate topic for it for more visibility. Might even get some more patreon followers :p

tropic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey Tropic,

Enjoyed the demo. Really, really funny too. Hope you keep it up.

You should make a separate topic for it for more visibility. Might even get some more patreon followers :p
Thanks
Once it gets bigger and better and has substance to it, I probably will
But for now I think it's fine here

bankss

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

otherwise if you just went through it once and have the outfits 10 - 50 unlocked for both helen and violet you're pretty much done

I wanted to add more but I haven't been in dev that long (3 months) So I ran into a big problem with bugs and the like and had to remove a bunch of stuff

Hopefully when standalone basement build comes out sometime in the middle of march I can call that a successful demo
Dude, you just replied 4 years later :D:D:D

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Dude, you just replied 4 years later :D:D:D
dude just messed up :D. Confused post date with user join date (left side post date, right side user join date)

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm looking forward to it. I don't really care for violet, but Helen is so fucking hot!

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score

Anxiously waiting for that build to come out, it's quite an amazing piece you made and I really hope you find some success and satisfaction with it.

Also, I must voice an opinion different to the post of the gentleman above me. I really like Violet (Helen too d(=_=)) and it's quite disapointing the lack of h-content made with her in the web, so this game was a particularly nice breath of fresh air.

Horros345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good to know thanks, yeah I was down several balls and events stopped happening so wasnt sure what was going on.

Eagerly awaiting.

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Figured I might share my demo in here even though it may not exactly qualify because there is a bit of a twist. You basically play as the girl being trained rather than the trainer. So you will have to balance what you allow yourself to be trained to do, and what you refuse(when possible anyway :D).

I know Xil has played it and so maybe he will weigh in on whether he thinks it would count as a trainer game or not. And if not, I'll delete the post if desired so that the thread can stay exclusive to trainer projects.

Basic story is you are playing a Tara, an elven girl who is attending her last year at a school of magic. Early on she has a couple things happen to her where she is somewhat at the mercy of a couple of the boys at school and the training begins (although it slows down quite a bit from the initial opening scenes to be more of a gradual corruption attempt).

if you already have VX ACE rtp installed

Or you can pick it up off my signature which links to my

Jeb!

Banned
Reputation score

What you describe is considered a normal "corruption" game.
You can always make the argument that any mainstream HRPG like Virgin Island or parallel fantasy is a Trainer game because you choose how to be "trained, abused and so on"
Trainer games are always turn or time based and gives you the option to train a girl by choosing different commands and purchase different clothes/items/training materials.
Also most games using the RPG maker are simply not meant to be a trainer game.... combat is also never a part and your game seems to have quite a bit of combat.
The gameplay is completely different.

In conclusion:

I don't think your game has anything to do with a normal training game.
I liked it anyway ;) So i don't have a problem to let your comment stand but i can assure you it is NOT a "Trainer game".
It has some "training aspect" as a minor theme but that's it.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also most games using the RPG maker are simply not meant to be a trainer game.... combat is also never a part and your game seems to have quite a bit of combat.
if yer talkin about Reepyrs game, wheres the combat at?

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Er... isn't the first post a bit... outdated?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It has some "training aspect" as a minor theme but that's it.
Going to have to agree with this statement.

Especially
Sinius's route is the closest thing that will probably come to being similar to a trainer game.

However, I assume most trainer games have you playing as the trainer itself (that's why they are called trainer? :p)

I don't think you need to delete your post though Reepyr, considering corruption and trainer games do share a common theme. Especially if the corruption is happening because the girl is being forced to do these things.

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Going to have to agree with this statement.

Especially
Sinius's route is the closest thing that will probably come to being similar to a trainer game.

However, I assume most trainer games have you playing as the trainer itself (that's why they are called trainer? :p)

I don't think you need to delete your post though Reepyr, considering corruption and trainer games do share a common theme. Especially if the corruption is happening because the girl is being forced to do these things.
Fair enough! I did forget though that the demo hadn't gone past making the choice for either Bernal or Sinius and since the patrons voted for the Sinius route to be developed first (cruel bastards :D) there is more actual training going on in the versions after the demo. Basically Tara has to meet with Sinius first thing each morning and he tells her what to do to entertain him or she gets kicked out of school.

This will be more apparent when I have a public release for v0.1 which I hope to do by the end of March. I'll maybe revisit this thread then and see what the consensus is.

Oh, and yeah, no combat in my game at all so far. Slight possibility of something of that nature in the future but not anytime soon.

[edit]*and really? neg repped for posting in the thread asking people's opinions as to whether what I am working on would qualify as a trainer game and offering to delete the post if it was determined not to be? Really?*

Last edited:

Kasreyn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Agree with Reepyr. I don't see where's the harm was in just asking whether their game counts as a trainer.

Also it seems sort of silly to be so anal about strictly defined genres. After all, it's not like there are hundreds of H trainer games being released every year. Injustice, Breaking Bat, and many other projects have died. Supermom, Korra, 4 Houses, and others are possibly vaporware, with production slowed to a crawl. Path of Kings and other new projects have yet to release a demo. Allegedly PT:G is coming soon but I doubt anyone is holding their breath.

In this extremely rarefied atmosphere where we're lucky if there are three new games a year, does it really make sense to come down like a ton of bricks on someone for just asking if their game counts as a borderline trainer? Maybe ease up a bit is all I'm saying. I often hear people describe BHB as a trainer and frankly it has fewer trainer elements in it than Reepyr's game; I guess it just gets the nod because the art made people confuse it with PT?...

Me, I can't code for shit so I'm just grateful for any fap material I receive, even if it's not 100% in-line with my genre expectations.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

whats the definition ofa trainer game again? seems like it all boils down to turnin the "trainee" into a slut, a devoted slut to one master but still, aint that the same as corruption?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

whats the definition ofa trainer game again? seems like it all boils down to turnin the "trainee" into a slut, a devoted slut to one master but still, aint that the same as corruption?
Difference as I see it is that in trainer games main character does the corrupting instead of being corrupted. Both usually show the same thing, but from different perspective - 3rd person in trainer games and 1st person in "corruption" games.