What's new

[Complete - Partial] [U-Room] Pray Game (RJ266116) (v2.10)

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
DLsite:
ulmf discussion thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/u-room-pray-game-rj266116.13416/

We had made a partial for this back when it first came out, but it was never shared here, and was getting rapid updates from the developer. When I went to update it, so much had changed I basically remade most of it anyway, so I'm posting it here.
Disclaimer about authorship: I did not do the skills, that was done by someone else, I have their permission to post it here, but they wish to remain anonymous. I merely updated them from the 1.23 version to 2.10. I also did this with items (updated the existing translation), which I had translated before for v1.23. Everything else, I started over from scratch for version 2.10.
Disclaimer about choices: I haven't played the game all the way through yet, so some of these could be a bit off. Choices tend to be very short vague phrases that could mean several different things. Also, the dev uses variables in many of them, which can be numbers or words. So you will likely have some choices showing up with one word still in Japanese. It would take too long to track down all the times this variable gets changed, so it will likely stay that way. (they call the same variable, which gets changed by various events)

This one is straightforward to apply, just drag, drop, and overwrite.

Kagura Games has picked this up for full translation (see posts 11 and 18 below), so there will be no more updates to the partial.

Anyway, the usual things are translated for one of my partials. Items, skills, enemies, menus (including H stats), etc. I did not translate all of the tutorial/game info menu descriptions, that's a lot of text, lol. You'll have to rely on cliplogger to make sense of them, sorry. I did translate the quest descriptions, though. Speaking of cliplogger, it is included, if you aren't familiar with it, it sends game text to the clipboard to be translated in whatever software you like. Attached as usual.
Edit: also worth mentioning, had to abbreviate some things on the main menu screen due to space limitations, hopefully it's clear what everything is.
Edit2: If you have issues with battle images, scroll down to post 4.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Fixed the synthesis shop menu not displaying, was due to translating the "valuables" heading, the script that controls the synthesis shop was looking for the kanji. Attached to the OP as usual.

Albireo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
seems like your patch is also referencing the skill menu image files in English but those are also in japanese. Any battle starts with blank menus, the written out skills are fine, then at combat conclusion it soft locks looking for the images.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
seems like your patch is also referencing the skill menu image files in English but those are also in japanese. Any battle starts with blank menus, the written out skills are fine, then at combat conclusion it soft locks looking for the images.
Yeah, I left it that way to be compatible with an earlier patch Yugi made. I assumed most people were using it since nobody mentioned the battle issue. You can fix it by renaming the files it calls for, without even closing the game. (just hit the button to retry after renaming the image)

For anyone who doesn't feel like doing that, I'll attach the renamed image files to this post.

Attachments

Albireo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I actually tried that, but I'm thinking I got the case sensitivity mucked up due to the in game font choice. thanks mate!

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Isn't Kagura picking this up? I may have read wrong but I thought I read them picked up Pray Game...

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Isn't Kagura picking this up? I may have read wrong but I thought I read them picked up Pray Game...
Haven't heard anything specific about Kagura picking it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did given that they translated a previous game by the dev.
If that's the case though, I probably won't do any more updates to the partial.

EDIT: Yeah, they are doing it. There is a channel for it in the "upcoming games" section of their Discord.

Last edited:

Hakoy

Reputation score
Hello guys, i'm in 2.10 + this partials, but it seems i still get the synthetize shop issue, i can't craft any quests items, can someone help me please?
It would be really appreciated, thank you :)

Attachments

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hello guys, i'm in 2.10 + this partials, but it seems i still get the synthetize shop issue, i can't craft any quests items, can someone help me please?
It would be really appreciated, thank you :)
I just checked and it's working fine for me.
It looks like you simply don't have an item highlighted to synthesize in that screenshot. Hit the confirm key or click on the heading to highlight an item, then you should see the needed ingredients in the right panel for whatever item is highlighted/chosen.

Hakoy

Reputation score
Hi thank you for your reply,
The synthesize system work fine for me too, but I wanted to talk about the second tab that seems to me to be missing, since I can't find anywhere where craft quests items, like mel potatoe.
I have tab number 1 3 and 4 , do you have the number 2 ?
Thank you

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hi thank you for your reply,
The synthesize system work fine for me too, but I wanted to talk about the second tab that seems to me to be missing, since I can't find anywhere where craft quests items, like mel potatoe.
I have tab number 1 3 and 4 , do you have the number 2 ?
Thank you
Ah, I see what you are getting at now. There will be another girl behind the counter, she does the synthesis for quest items. She isn't there in your screenshot though, so you probably just have to advance the main plot a little.
The discussion thread is linked in the first post of this thread, I'd look there if you are having any trouble with what to do for quest progression. Since this doesn't seem to be related to the partial, friendly reminder, any questions about the game that don't relate to the partial should go in that thread as well (see forum rules).

Hakoy

Reputation score
Oh thank you very much , I thought it was due to partials in first but it's not so sorry for this.
Please take care, bb !

Kaiserkreuz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wondering if this partial also works with the new append version?

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Wondering if this partial also works with the new append version?
I don't know what the dlc consists of, but no, it most likely would not work with any new dlc version. It would overwrite anything added by the dlc.
And that's assuming it's not packaged as a separate game, in which case it definitely would not work.

Before anyone asks, no, I will not update the partial. It's my policy to leave a game alone when it's claimed by a commercial translation group like Kagura. That's mostly out of respect for the developer, but also because I don't want to fight dmca takedowns etc, and my time would be better spent on games that are not getting full translations.

Last edited:

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't know what the dlc consists of, but no, it most likely would not work with any new dlc version. It would overwrite anything added by the dlc.
And that's assuming it's not packaged as a separate game, in which case it definitely would not work.
The DLC is not packaged as a separate game - in fact it overwrites a lot of the base games files, that are also edited by the partial, to also include things from/for the DLC itself. This makes it 100% impossible to play with the DLC and this partial.

So if people want to play the DLC with a partial, they will have to edit it themselves... or stick to the base game with partial, and then play without the partial for the DLC content.