What's new

Under a strange light(Alexandra/Alkalannar)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
====Bio====
Level 0 Trait: Magic (though for this setting, perhaps it should be Mad Science!)
Description: Of moderate size and average looks in the real world, black hair and blue eyes, a fair complexion. Her avatar, though, is a fox-girl with red-gold hair, fox-ears, and a single tail. (These may change as the game progresses.)

Attitude: Miss Lancaster is rather precocious, already with a B.Sci. in Computer Science. Because of her work (graduated magna cum laude), she was told about the EGG project and had eagerly signed up to test it. She enjoys puzzles and patterns, trying to work things out, and gets very unhappy in chaotic situations. She has also not yet had a boyfriend, or girlfriend for that matter, and is unaware of what may come in the setting as of yet.

Extra Notes: If there is an effect of the game on her, she could well figure it out...and possibly try for more of it, or to change the effect to something else.

Experience:
Hp 6, MP 3
Magic expertise 2
Summon Tentacle Bear(out of combat at no cost, in combat 1MP for appearance in 3 turns, 2MP for appearance in 2 turns)

It was late morning when Alexandra arrived to the Chamber corps. building, and the parking lot was already quite full. After finding a spot for her car, Alexandra entered the building. The receptionist asked a few questions and then she was led to a chamber empty save a strange looking pod. The man leading her saw her settled in, and then a screen of options sprung in front of her.

Humans: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5 where 1 is rarely and 5 is often)
Male/Female: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Female/Female: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Futanari option? Y/N
Pregnancy: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Birthing: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Non Consentual Sex: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
BDSM: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Slavery: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Corruption: Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Body Alteration (breast expansion, gender swap, small mutations, etc.): Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Monsters (Tentacles & Slimes & Likewise): Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Beasts (Animals and Animal-like creatures, including anthros): Y/N (if Y, frequency of 1-5)
Roughness: (How gentle are the monsters when you lose?): (1-5, five being very rough, 1 being very gentle.)
Additional Category? _______________?

Difficulty (?): Easy | =Normal= | Hard | Insanity

Offensive Levels

Defensive Levels
A port city(?)
Small mountain town(?)
Victorian Manor(?)
______(?)

Last edited:

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Under a strange light(Alexandra/Alkalannar)

Alexandra settled into the pod and then blinked as the screen came active. Settings preferences, hmmm? Well, off we go.

Humans: Y1
Male/Female: Y5
Female/Female: Y3
Futanari option? Y
Pregnancy: Y5
Birthing: Y*
Non Consentual Sex: Y*
BDSM: Y*
Slavery: N
Corruption: Y3
Body Alteration: Y3
Monsters (Tentacles & Slimes & Likewise): Y5
Beasts (Animals and Animal-like creatures, including anthros): Y5
Roughness: (How gentle are the monsters when you lose?): 3
Additional Category? Note: Birthing, Non-Con, and BDSM would be plot-dependent based on losses.

Well, I hope it understands the parameters. What's next...difficulty and initial starting point? There was the new selection that my advisor told me about....I'll try that.

Difficulty: =Normal=

I'll try Normal first and see if I can change it in-game.

Start Location: Small mountain town.

"And here goes nothing!" She locks in the choices, and.....

Last edited:
OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

First everything goes black, then all sensations come back in a flood, along with some memories. Alexandra is an assistant to professor Erik Johnson from the capital's university. Johnson is a professor of natural sciences who decided to spend some time on some private research the nature of which he hasn't told anyone, it would seem.

Alexandra finds herself in a strange laboratory lit with gas lamps. There's a generator in one corner and some magical crystals lying on a table where Johnson is working with something that seems a combination of Jakob's ladder and a crystal ball, without paying any attention to her. There are also some magitech devices lying around. As she takes a step forward, Alexandra almost stumbles as she notices her tail. Her head also feels slightly weird because of her large fox-ears.

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alexandra--ah, wait...a different name comes to her mind: Arrenhan. Where did that come from? She recovers her poise and steps forward.

"Ah, Professor Johnson? Your, ah, servant told me to come here. I'm your new research assistant from the university." She looks around the lab, intrigued, trying to classify what things are and what they might do as she comes forward and takes out the sealed envelope that holds her credentials.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Johnson looks up with a surprised expression, then starts speaking rapidly: "Huh? Oh. Yes. Put those somewhere, I'll look at them later. Am I to understand correctly that you are somewhat adept at magic?" Without waiting for a reply, the professor continues: "As you are aware, it is not possible to perceive magic except through it's effects. Well, this device is supposed to be able to replicate spells that are capable of sensing magical effects that would normally not be visible, such as auditory spells and other spells that include no visible effect. Just as soon as I get the blasted thing working."

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"Ah, yes, sir," the foxgirl says, tail twitching slightly behind her. "Except....I thought you could sense a large amount of magic concentrated together...though you might just be perceiving excess that is bleeding off into the environment. In a lot of ways, it's like electricity. Or magnetism." She flicks her ears and looks down, "Of course, that's....um....just my opinion. Sir. Is...there anything I can do to help get the device functional?"

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"High concentrations of magic interact with the environment in such a way as to create electric charge that can be perceived, yes. But magic itself can't be perceived with human senses. So. I believe this crystal ball to vibrate at right frequency, so it could be a question of power. Coincidentally, this offers an excellent chance for me to test your abilities. I want you to charge the crystal as much as it can endure while I isolate and shield it, so that it may not bleed the excess into environment and should it explode, we'll be safe." The professor speaks with almost feverish enthusiasm despite the measured words, and uses chalk to draw a simple circle around the crystal ball.

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"Very well, sir,", the fox-girl replies, and looks at herself. So different from the real world. Is this...how she thought of herself, or did the game put in more of these features based on her answers? In any event, she begins a simple power-transference spell. Since spells are all about drawing in power, transforming it, and releasing it, this is one of the simplest there is, where power is drawn in (or simply internal power is used), and it is directed elsewhere, in this case to the crystal ball, where the regular, orderly lattice starts to resonate with the power she sends.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The crystal ball starts resonating at touch and as Arrenhan pours more power into it, the resonance gains power, reaching almost the point where it would shatter were it not reinforced. The professor keeps the magic from being released however, and nods encouragingly.

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

She gives a shy smile--What's going on? I was never this shy in my CompSci classes. Is this part of the game? and continues to direct more of the ambient magic into the ball, hoping that she doesn't drain herself or lose control.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As she continues to pour magic into the crystal, it starts to feel like it can't take any more without exploding. The professor speaks calmly "You need to reinforce the crystal. Can you do that while feeding it more power?"

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"I can try. One moment...." First, she changes the power transfer so that instead of going into the ball, it forms a shell around it, seeking to keep both matter and magic within, and then in the middle of making the shell, starting a power transfer again, piercing that shell in one spot, as she starts to feed power again. Not so much as before as she concentrates to make sure both tasks are working.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The effort of reinforcing and powering the crystal at the same time started getting tiring Alexandra, but she managed to keep doing that, until the crystal starts glowing softly and sparks starts flying between the metal rods attached to it. " Good work. Now step away for the next part." The professor steps away from the table and causes the lamps to go out with a gesture, so the room is lit only by the soft glow from the crystal. As Johnson starts the generator, electric arches spring into being between the two rods. After a while, the arches turn into a softly glowing field of electricity and strange patterns appear on it - but only for a moment, as the crystal discharges in a blinding explosion contained within the protective circle.

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Arrenhan moves back at the warning, and sharply. When the ball discharges, she throws up a shield with the last of her power, instinctively.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The shield doesn't come in time to save Alexandra from being momentarily blinded. As her vision clears, she sees that the device seems intact, while the professor seems irritated. "Hrm. That wasn't supposed to happen. I'll need to check my calculations. You make sure that the crystal is still working, and then go take a rest or something." The professor lights the lamps again and walks to another table Arrenhan hadn't noticed before and starts shuffling his papers, obviously looking for something.

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Arrenhan nods. "Y-yes....of course, sir." She shakes her head, clearing her eyes and makes her way over to the table, inspecting the crystal with sight first before reaching out a finger to touch it. Just a bit. Only after she's examined it physically does she assay magic, or try to, rather, since she's drained. "I can't tell for sure, but it seems to be all right. No fractures....should I take it with me?" She yawns then, and blinks, tail going limp.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The professor answers without looking up: "Leave it and go to sleep. But check it thoroughly in the morning."

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"All right, Professor," she says before leaving the lab and walking through the building, looking for a room likely to be hers, or at least with a place to sleep. Ah. That's where her bags were put. She goes into the room and strips out of her clothes, but is tired enough she doesn't even open her bags to get pajamas out before collapsing on the bed.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Arrenhan wakes up late in the morning with sunlight slipping between the curtains. While she slept, someone had brought a still warm breakfast to the table next to the window. The breakfast consists of honeyed tea, fresh milk, porridge and bread with butter and cheese.

Alkalannar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Arrenhan yawns and stretches, then her stomach rumbles. She eats the food quickly, but neatly, before performing morning ablutions, getting dressed, and heading back to the lab. "Good morning, Professor!"