What's new

Upgrading Game Maker Studio to Standard Version is Free Now (Instead of $50)

NeithR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, this is my first thread and post here...

So, hello guys.
Since some hentai game developers here use Game Maker Studio too, I have some happy news to share :D.

I just got an information that GameMaker Studio for Standard version is free right now. I checked it myself. It really is :D. This means it will unlocks Unlimited Resources feature of the Game Maker Studio which the Free version doesn't have.

Here is the source of the information (Sorry I can't share direct url since I don't have at least 15 posts right now x_x)
- gmnewsbite(dot)net/2013/11/21/gamemaker-update-brings-joy-world
- gamemakerblog(dot)com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/
- gmc.yoyogames(dot)com/index.php?showtopic=601328&page=1

If have downloaded it or already have it, be sure to set it to Beta Channel then update it. Then try to update the license. There will be offer for free Standard version of Game Maker.

I am not sure when the offer will end. But, I already upgraded mine to Standard and it is really free.

There is also discounts for upgrading to Pro version for just $50 right now.

=======

Now, while that is a good news, I still have to sharpen my music and art skill x_x

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Upgrading Game Maker Studio to Standard Version is Free Now (Instead of $50)

So, this is my first thread and post here...

So, hello guys.
Since some hentai game developers here use Game Maker Studio too, I have some happy news to share :D.

I just got an information that GameMaker Studio for Standard version is free right now. I checked it myself. It really is :D. This means it will unlocks Unlimited Resources feature of the Game Maker Studio which the Free version doesn't have.

Here is the source of the information (Sorry I can't share direct url since I don't have at least 15 posts right now x_x)
- gmnewsbite(dot)net/2013/11/21/gamemaker-update-brings-joy-world
- gamemakerblog(dot)com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/
- gmc.yoyogames(dot)com/index.php?showtopic=601328&page=1

If have downloaded it or already have it, be sure to set it to Beta Channel then update it. Then try to update the license. There will be offer for free Standard version of Game Maker.

I am not sure when the offer will end. But, I already upgraded mine to Standard and it is really free.

There is also discounts for upgrading to Pro version for just $50 right now.

=======

Now, will that is a good news, I still to sharpen my music and art skill x_x
unfortunately my game making has not made enough for me to procure the master version yet :( but i'll be investing in it as soon as i hit my tax allowance (if ever)

still for now, i've bought both vx ace and gm 8.1 (just for the zoom feature in room edit lol)

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Upgrading Game Maker Studio to Standard Version is Free Now (Instead of $50)

For those of you who just want to click.

OP
NeithR

NeithR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

unfortunately my game making has not made enough for me to procure the master version yet :( but i'll be investing in it as soon as i hit my tax allowance (if ever)

still for now, i've bought both vx ace and gm 8.1 (just for the zoom feature in room edit lol)
Yeah me either xD.
But the GMS Standard version (which is $50) is free right now xD.
Well, actually I was still using gm 8.0 lite version, so I immediately downloaded the GMS and upgraded it to standard xD.

=====

@GoldBettle

Thank you very much ^_^
(sorry couldn't quote the post since it also counts the link in the quote x_x' )

OP
NeithR

NeithR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

YYG is offering again a discount for "GameMaker: Studio Professional" for $35.00 and GameMaker: Studio Standard for free for limited time until 2nd March 2014.

Here's the info:
-
-

And for the previous offer, I'm not sure when it was ended.

I have already grabbed the Standard for free in the previous offer :D.
And just in case for someone who want to make game with GMStudio with limited budget :).