What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

Holy Water has one advantage: It doesn't use mana so if players burning through their mana pools in a big monster room they can use it in a pinch. It's also a valid special attack for triggering certain inscription special effects.

No holy water skills other than making the vials?! I wonder if faithedflame knows what consecration does...

@duck666: The wiki is extremely comprehensive in terms of detail offered. Here's showing progression between equipment durability and equipment statistics.

Last edited:

faithedflame

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@faithedflame
Monceber showed us a screenshot of the dwarf selling full slot gears back in the days from the EN version. It was hilarious, because he complained about that he couldn't get overslot-weapons from drawf anymore.

It's too bad Vanguard Lance has Atk 3 instead of Dex 3 or Mag 3, or else it would be a great over-slotted weapon.
(Overslot means red essence that replaces 2 yellow essence. Such as Attack 3 which normally require attack 2 and attack 1. This frees up an extra slot and allows you to over-slot an essence onto the weapon)

Granite Blade is my suggestion. It does the most damage and start with plasma. Which mean adding an element to it will result in Divinity 3 (Holy + Plasma)

All of Roland's skill outside of throw holy water is quite useful~
Throw holy water is useful too, but it wastes holy water and redemption is just better for about same range and aoe.

Harles prefer the utility maximum slot limb-fire provides since he prefer status alignment essence. Crossfire is just as good as Burial while with Consecration/Holy enchant state. Search shot is amazing in terms of accuracy and damage and has the very rare light element.

But without consecration, Burial is better, since it does bonus damage to purified enemy.

---

All weapons have the same base stats. It's for another reason.

T1 is good enough with follow-up elemental attack and holy attribute. T2 is used more for specification of weapon for a specific range of enemies instead.
I guess my Vanguard Lance stay as a decoration until I found another one.
Granite Blade it is. Time for digging up wiki.
I would love to have full slot on dwarf but I guess I won't find any overslot gears on him.

I found Redemption only deal 4 damage to Wild Hunt while throw holy bottle deal 30+ damage.
It's bad but at least I can do damage and blind a lot of his minion when I ran out of Shot Shells and Scroll of Punishment.

Holy Water has one advantage: It doesn't use mana so if players burning through their mana pools in a big monster room they can use it in a pinch. It's also a valid special attack for triggering certain inscription special effects.

No holy water skills other than making the vials?! I wonder if faithedflame knows what consecration does...

@duck666: The wiki is extremely comprehensive in terms of detail offered. Here's site showing progression between equipment durability and equipment statistics.
Forgot to mention I actually use throw holy bottle and healing that use holy vial.
What consecration do? Also, most of the time Protector's Oath and Lance of Fire are unavailable.

And thank you for everyone else. I'll consider your suggestion in mind.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Consecration is a status element that can be inflicted by some of Rolands specials (e.g. Redemption) It will a) increase the drop rate of essences (but makes it so only essences drop, and only if you've activated this setting that you get from the priest in the church) and b) is required for some bonus damage (or required period for the Maidensnow ability) and c) may apply other debuffs (I'm less clear on this, because it's been a long time since I played).

Protectors Oath + Lance of Fire require stamina (I think that's the name - it's the green bar) to work. Off the top of my head, Protectors Oath needs about 20%, Lance of Fire about 50%. To fill the green bar, just hit enemies; it will go down over time if you aren't hitting stuff, so you may want to be proactive if using Protectors Oath for healing.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Consecration is a status element that can be inflicted by some of Rolands specials (e.g. Redemption)
That's purification.

Consecration is using a holy water to buff your weapon and enter the Holy Buff state, giving you holy/plasma attribute to your equipped weapon temporarily. (Also 1/2s weapon wear)

Protectors Oath + Lance of Fire require stamina (I think that's the name - it's the green bar) to work.
Not stamina, it's called the overcharge bar actually. We just call it the green-bar.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's purification.

Consecration is using a holy water to buff your weapon and enter the Holy Buff state, giving you holy/plasma attribute to your equipped weapon temporarily. (Also 1/2s weapon wear)
Also, the vanguard lance's abiliy "dawn star" can only be used while consecration is in effect.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Redemption damage depends on the target's remaining HP, so using it against a boss that's nearly dead is not to kill it but to purify it to increase the odds of an essence drop.

I'm not sure if you check the skill descriptions, but redemption has a 25% penalty to damage if target is ALREADY purified.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the info about the essence.

I lost once at about lvl 10 (early game). Blown back to lvl 1 of the dungeon. Few hours later (2 days later actually) I found a fully damaged silver collar of level 8 reinforcement in the same dungeon. It had a orange slot essence - same as the one I put on it - leaving me to believe all these items can be gotten back.

Heck, I've left used equipment on the ground, leave the dungeon, come back, and find it on some random level of the dungeon. (didn't pay attention to whether the dungeon level must be the same as the one you lost it on though.
If you were defeated in the dungeons, the option of recollecting your equipment where you fell is possible. It is not possible if you left the dungeon and failed to get the cat merchant in time before new items rob you of the opportunity to claim the lost item.

By the way I lost my item on level 91 of the barrier forest, I'd like to see you try revisiting that level to reclaim a lost item. Doubly so when there's no guarantee you'll get the same dungeon tileset.

Difficulty level also plays a part in determining whether or not lost items can be reclaimed in dungeons.
Well I'll have to eat humble pie on my own statements. Something must have changed in one of the recent versions since I'd never seen something like this happen before.

Lost my Ghoul inscription level 30 rosary on level 92 of the barrier forest. Doing a railway run to upgrade my replacement rosary and at level 48 I find the rosary I thought I'd lost in one of the random rooms!

It definitely applies to normal difficulty, but for the missing item to jump dungeons is quite something.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I'll have to eat humble pie on my own statements. Something must have changed in one of the recent versions since I'd never seen something like this happen before.

Lost my Ghoul inscription level 30 rosary on level 92 of the barrier forest. Doing a railway run to upgrade my replacement rosary and at level 48 I find the rosary I thought I'd lost in one of the random rooms!

It definitely applies to normal difficulty, but for the missing item to jump dungeons is quite something.
Admit it, you are just extremely happy.

But I am glad that's the case, I am not sure about you, but I tend to become attached to my gears after they reach a certain level. Overslots especially. Getting the same overslot is ... ahaha.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy getting the rosary back. Accessories are so much harder to level than other items, the rosary is the only item in that group and I've come to rely on the +30 copy I have because of its stat bonus.

At the same time it shows how much the game has changed in recent versions. Both of us have more hours in this game than most and still something jumps up to surprise.

I won't need to run the railway past this run, but it would be nice if I got another clean paralyse 2 weapon from the floor or from the arachne. Vitality 3 on a sister's robe would be nice.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I won't need to run the railway past this run, but it would be nice if I got another clean paralyse 2 weapon from the floor or from the arachne. Vitality 3 on a sister's robe would be nice.
The dreams.

Seriously, the later in the game, the more I realized exactly how broken my Def 3, Atk 3, long sword was. Double over-slot is so much "impossible" that it's not even funny. Especially considering that we can no longer "cycle" through drawf's inventories.

Also, I shouldn't have sold the Silver 2 Revolver Cannon just because it only has 1 slot. Geeze, I will never get another one ._. (This was back in the days when I was playing normal and didn't know about crafting)

faithedflame

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh wow, with Protector's Oath I don't need to waste Holy Vial.
Lance of Fire and Consecration increase my damage as well.

Cross Fire P8 deal nice damage with Shot Shells and Search Shot
Managed to dive into floor 20 with it. Belle still doesn't drop Earth3 or Seal2 sadly.
At least I just found Serpent Fang with AGI3.
Is AGI3 good for it? Or is it going to end up as a decoration like my Vanguard Lance?

And does anyone have english translated Inscription? Reading it on the wiki with machine translation hurt my eyes.
Edit: Just found 3 slot Gothic Bustier at floor 17 in the snow forest. Nice.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At least I just found Serpent Fang with AGI3. Is AGI3 good for it? Or is it going to end up as a decoration like my Vanguard Lance?
Agi 3 Serpent Fang isn't bad, not great either. It's use-able for a dodge build, but you would prefer Agi 3 on a thrusting sword instead. OTOH, having Agi 3 along with Beast 2 and thunder 3 makes a nice all round weapon.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Especially considering that we can no longer "cycle" through dwarf's inventories.
I may be missing something important here... What do you mean by that?

Double over-slot is so much "impossible" that it's not even funny.
Some time ago bought another "impossible" item from dwarf.

Harleyquin13 said:
I'm almost 83.7% sure that it was that was since long ago, but it's quite rare. I could be mistaking it with Online version though...

I wish overslotted items with decent essences that I find would not be "school swimsuits". I have 3 damn things with different level 3 status effects, and they all are kind of useless <_<

Attachments

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some time ago bought another "impossible" item from dwarf.
In my opinion, double over-slot is one thing, double over-slot that's exactly what you want is quite another. Would you really want to use Dex 3/MDef 3 on a melee weapon?

I may be missing something important here... What do you mean by that?
Back in the days, we can enter a dungeon, run 2~3 floors, exit it and see the drawf with new gears being sold. Hence we cycled it for a while until we find weapons that we want. 99% of the time it's just a waste of time, the 1% of the time, we get something useful like a over-slot material.

Now it has much stricter requirement for exploration value for new items to appear in the drawf's inventory.

3 damn things with different level 3 status effects, and they all are kind of useless <_<
xD I want just one on a gothic brassier or maidenwear. Of course, not so useless one and preferably on the maidenwear!

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No English translated inscriptions available, so machines are the only way to go if you're not fluent in Japanese. Alternatively, you could ask a question on specific inscriptions here and one of us could help to explain if we're familiar with its effects.

+30 rapier? That's quite a few hours you've put into the game faithedflame. An agility 3 serpent's fang actually works for you if you're using the cardinal's robe since you need something to compensate for the agility penalty that the robe carries.

Now that I think back, I've actually seen items with inscriptions turn up on the floor of other dungeons outside of the barrier forest. I initially thought it was a bug but am now certain those were items I had picked up before but left on the ground because I didn't like them and found them useless for taking back to the safe zone.

I do know how to refresh the cat's inventory, but I've never really found an item with the right red slots to buy from. The dwarf on the other hand has always been reliable in providing weapons with the wind element (I have yet to see a clean wind1 weapon in the wild, but the dwarf sells them practically every time I look at his inventory).

Now that I think about it, unless I deliberately step on the grey circle trap I will probably never see another big monster house with the new exploration mechanics. My last weapon with clean paralyse 2 was in a level 70+ railway big monster room, anything in those rooms (provided you survive) has a higher chance of spawning decent stuff.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Agi 3 Serpent Fang isn't bad, not great either. It's use-able for a dodge build, but you would prefer Agi 3 on a thrusting sword instead. OTOH, having Agi 3 along with Beast 2 and thunder 3 makes a nice all round weapon.
I can see Agi3 and thunder3. But why beast2?

Also, I have a rapier with silver+enchanted. Why does it do 0 dmg to corruptions? Aren't they weak against those "2 elements"?

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Cause if you carry a dragon fang, you don't carry a claymore. That and there's a lot of beast type enemy that require you kill them off quickly. Black wolf's minions and black goat are the top of the list.

Also, I have a rapier with silver+enchanted. Why does it do 0 dmg to corruptions? Aren't they weak against those "2 elements"?
You had other elements with your rapier, even if those 2 elements are good against a corruption, it's no good if your other elements aren't.

All elements are considered when calculating damage, I suggest you take a look at the wiki for mechanics.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some of the toughest monsters in the game are beasts, notably the bosses Belle and the Minos Daemon. Also in the category are Black Dogs and Black Goats. Having Beast 2 with the Dragon Fang covers about 1/4 of the bestiary.

Look at the number of resistances the corruption has. As a rule one of the elemental essences at level 1 is absolutely required or the Corruption will absorb all your attacks and heal itself.

As of the latest version, Ice damage is the element of choice against the Corruption. If it's early in the game and elemental essences aren't available, you need to consecrate your weapons and rely on the holy damage to kill the corruption.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the info guys. Google translate on the page is not very clear. I thought it meant ONLY absorb "pure" physical damage from "iron" equipment: i.e. rapier is iron material. In that case, will falcon staker do damage without any elements (it's "magical steel" material and it has attribute "thorn and maca")? I remember jade blades did damage without any essences.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The material stuff is made out from only matters when you use the bullet kit to decompose the items into special bullets.

Falcon stake won't do any damage (I know since I have one at +30 and it's useless outside of the wind impact damage).

Jade blades work (not very well) against corruption because of the poison damage. It also helps that it's enchanted by default.

Basically any weapon that has been consecrated should do the job, but the best way is to find weapons with 魔化 (enchanted) and combine them with an ice3 essence. Anti-undead essences also help since the corruption is one of the many undead monsters which are a pain to fight in this game.