What's new

Useful tools to play H Games

OP
Minuit

Minuit

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Useful tools to play H Games

i did a resizer program to work with xp,vx,vx ace,wolf.
but its stalled for now, as im doing something else (always doing something)

but i did make a release, so i could post it and let you try it out.
i intend to revise it using another method (talked with AltairPL about it), but that will happen after im done with my other project. the new method should fix some of the "odd behavior" this program have that occurs for some games.

bct.sizer:
Damn son ! That's exactly the software I've searched all this time. And it keep the aspect ratio too. I'll definitely use this one from now on. (Sizer still does its work perfectly for set resolutions so I'll work with both)

Edit: Also edited the first post with Locale Emulator and bct.sizer. I won't add RPG Maker Save Editor as it's really experimental (from what I've tested myself).

Edit2: I'll try out Capture2Text as it seems really interesting !

Last edited:

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
new Bct.Sizer v2.1
its more light, will not store any information in the registry, no effects or zooms like the first version.
this version offer 2 scaling modes: linear and nearest neighbor, using hardware accelerator.
instead of different ratio, it will only have 1 option: preserve aspect ratio. and we got the full screen mode as well.
this works with rpgmaker vx,vx ace and xp. the refresh rate is set to 100 fps.

Last edited:

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
^ Ohh, nice! Gonna try it out to see if it can make VX / VXAce playable in fullscreen or forced fullscreen for Win8!
Thank you for the continued effort!

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
bct.sizer 2.2, bugfixes. more stable now. hopefully it will work most of the time, but sometimes it will not show anything, if so, run again, and if will not work at all, report.

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score
bct.sizer 2.2, bugfixes. more stable now. hopefully it will work most of the time, but sometimes it will not show anything, if so, run again, and if will not work at all, report.
Yeah I should have done some feedback...
So: indeed, with 2.1 there were times the game didn't start, or some different part of the desktop got rendered onto the new window that BctSizer creates (I guess, another window got captured?), also there were times the Windows tray disappeared after exiting from fullscreen mode (as in, quitting the game while in bct fullscreen). And only a log-off - log-in could fix that for me, then.
The good news is that with your app I can play VX / VXAce games in fullscreen, since the lag that makes them almost unplayable at times on Win8, disappears! Yaay!
The slightly less good news is that VNR can't attach to them anymore when run with bct... *sademoji*
The slightly better news, though, is that Textractor and ITH/ITHVNR can still handle the texthooking. So I guess Translation Aggregator is still in play! :)

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
how do u attach VNR? i could allow command-line. the game.exe itself is still there, but my program is the "parent" not the desktop, this so i can "hide" it inside a hidden-window and start the rendering.
version 2.3 is a bit better. i allow some time to "adjust" the game window, as xp, vx and vxace all are a bit different, and we also have scripts that can mess things up.
during that time the bct.window can not be moved, this to prevent the game get out of focus.
if u exit the game, u can still mouse click and exit fullscreen.
but i will look into it, to check if the game closes and if so, close bct.sizer and also if fullscreen exit that.

edit: for 2.4 there will be a termination function, so, if u exit within the game, bct.sizer will also quit and fix the fullscreen if that, before releasing it, i want to know a bit about the VNR, and if a command-line could fix that or not.

Attachments

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score
how do u attach VNR? i could allow command-line. the game.exe itself is still there, but my program is the "parent" not the desktop, this so i can "hide" it inside a hidden-window and start the rendering.
version 2.3 is a bit better. i allow some time to "adjust" the game window, as xp, vx and vxace all are a bit different, and we also have scripts that can mess things up.
during that time the bct.window can not be moved, this to prevent the game get out of focus.
if u exit the game, u can still mouse click and exit fullscreen.
but i will look into it, to check if the game closes and if so, close bct.sizer and also if fullscreen exit that.

edit: for 2.4 there will be a termination function, so, if u exit within the game, bct.sizer will also quit and fix the fullscreen if that, before releasing it, i want to know a bit about the VNR, and if a command-line could fix that or not.
Okey-dokey. So VNR=Visual Novel Reader is a kinda bloated text-hooking and translation utility; think hundreds of megabytes... Takes quite a while to load up and occasionally bugs out, but has an online user ('Shared') dictionary and various leisure and qol improving options, and generally, many options, so all in all a nice thing to have. Also quite seemlessly integrates into the fullscreen-modes of the games it can be attached to.
I only know the attach process through GUI: you select the window of the game you'd like it to attach to, or select the process of the game from the running processes list of VNR. Thing is, it can only find BctSizer's process in any case, and sadly, there it cannot detect any text threads to hook to.
ITH/ITHVNR/Textractor (and I assume, AGTH too) still see Game.exe, so no probs there.

On a sidenote, can't get v2.3 to work at all so far. It gets stuck on the very first frame that gets rendered (so an almost totally black window), all the time I try to start it (VX Ace game; v2.1 starts this same game 1 out 3 times, but it starts it...).

Maybe me not being on stock Windows Aero settings interferes somehow? (my window border padding (the width) is reduced to a minimum)

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
i use windows 7 and it works fine. and it works on my windows 10 when i tried it.
but i know someone that have problems in windows 10. not sure why. u on 10?
have u tried the disable scaling, dpi settings or maybe something else about that.
the odd thing is, he can run the old bct.sizer without problems. but the new one should be more stable, it run for me 95% of the time.

zipetya

Reputation score
Nah, it's Windows 8.1. Probably the source of all problems... lol
Microsoft somehow effed up DirectDraw emulation in 8, and that's why I've been looking for a fix - makes VX / VXAce unbearably laggy in default fullscreen. Will try them on the Win7 partition too, just for laughs.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
u tried bct.sizer 1.0? its better than nothing and fast if u pick default scaling or stretch. maybe theres issues with 8/10 for some. bct.sizer uses gdi32 and gdi+ to upscale while bct.sizer 2 uses direct2d.
also, for bct.sizer 1.0, default upscale is just stretching the windows, works for vx/vxace, but not for xp.

zipetya

Reputation score
Yup, no surprises there, they work fine on Win7 in the very same computer...
v2.3 ran 5/5 times, working nicely.
v2.1 only got it right 2/5 times, though, and the scaling was probably not working as intended because I got veeeery jaggy edges under both options for scaling. But I guess v2.1 is legacy now, so doesn't matter...
There is a very slight (almost unnoticable) drop in fluidity compared to the default fullscreen (Windows 7, without BctSizer, ALT+ENTER) in v2.3's fullscreen, though.
Anyway, the main purpose of the sizer is probably not to work out fullscreen issues for Windows 8, but rather get a resize option for said games. Which it does exquisitely! :)

Gonna try v1.0.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
v2.4, this time im using the direct2d monitor sync. so it run at 60 fps (or whatever fps your monitor has).
i tested the game Alansya Chronicles, running around town, and its significantly improvement using bct.sizer. not sure how that can be, as im still coping from the original window,
maybe to make it on-sync, even if theres stuttering in the original game engine, it will smooth it out. sure its not perfect smooth but it still an improvement. not sure about other games.

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score
Haha, okay, this was quite hilarious.
After getting your 2.4, I tried with the VX game I've been going at with things, and 2.4 never once got it to work, however, I noticed that all the others (1.0, 2.1, 2.3) were working now just fine...
Lol! Lol?

Okay, turns out, that the antivirus stops your software from properly executing... Without any notification or ANYTHING, it just interferes (I'm using Kaspersky). It was a last ditch effort on my part to try without the AV. Heuristic protection mode just silently (I honestly don't know why there are no notifications) makes it unable to properly execute.
-----EDIT: I can see a small improvement (less stuttering) on v2.4 compared to v2.3, too.

Last edited:

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
hm. yeah, theres issues, others have reported this as well. for some the tools dont work at all, without any notice from antivirus.
the odd thing is that the old program v 1.0 seems to work while the new one 2.x gets blocked.
but im using the same API, even less this time, as i have learned a bit more how to hide the window with the less usage of API calls.
im using direct2d, but that shouldn't get reported.
some antivirus are so sensitive, the program is "loading" the game.exe using a shell-mechanism, and change its windows properties and places the windows inside a hidden form.
and thats it, no memory tampering, no registry changes, no system folder or any other files changes.
but that kind of procedure are also used to crack/cheat, maybe because it happens so often, antivirus believes its yet another hacker tool. but in a sense it is, but not malicious.