What's new

Vengeance Denied (greatone)

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Vengeance Denied (greatone)

(OOC: Sorry been sick as hell the last week, haven't felt like doing much of anything which requires more than mouse button pushes.)

Erinaye checks the door to the house, to see if it is accessible, trying to be as silent as possible in her infiltration attempt.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Erinayes Status: HP = 42, P = 35, EP = 35

(It's okay.)

Stealth: Failure

Erinaye quietly creeps into her old house, the door having already been torn from its hinges. Her foot disturbs something as she takes a step forward, and she looks down to see a mans corpse lying on the floor, covered in blood.

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

Erinaye stifles a a small yelp of shock when she bumps into the body with her foot. She bends down to inspect the corpse and allows a moment for her eyes to adjust while looking to reorient herself with the familiar yet dark surroundings.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The corpse is unfamiliar to her, that of a short man dressed in chainmail armor with a sword discarded at his side. His wounds are many, from blades and points mostly, since Erinaye can't see any broken bones.

Perception: Success

Her eyes quickly adjust to the dark, and she spots it just as moves from out of another room. She has no idea what it might be, and the back of her mind registers the idea that maybe she wouldn't want to. It carries itself on six long, insect-like legs, and from its back dozens of tentacles wave in the air. It spots her too, and gives off a high shrieking sound, snapping Erinaye out of her trance brought on at the things appearance. It takes a step toward her, and Erinaye thinks that she'd rather it not let it close the ten feet between her and it.

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

Ughh.... bug... with tentacles?!?!? Not gonna let this thing get anywhere near me. But I can't just blast it to bits, what if I miss? Could wreck the house, or some sort of clue..

Kill first sort out the rest later..

Erinaye allows the energy in her begin to build in her hands a slight amount, and then fires it at the bug.

(Energy blast 4)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Erinayes Status: HP = 42, P = 35, EP = 27/35

To-hit: 9 + 14 + 3 = 26 vs 20 = hit.
Damage: 5 x 8 = 40 damage.

The creature shrieks in rage as Erinayes blast hammers into it, the energy bolt taking out one its legs at the shoulder and going through its body and out the other side. The creature falls dead.

(Gain 2 exp.)

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

Feeling a bit bolder from her victory, Erinaye goes to the room where the bug creature thing came from to begin her investigation.

Let's see what these people have.. Maybe something useful, a journal, anything..

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Erinayes Status: HP = 42, P = 35, EP = 27/35

Perception: Failure

Stepping into the room she'd seen the bug come from, a kitchen, Erinayes quick scan of the room doesn't yield any clues. She'd have to spend a while searching if she wanted any clues to what was going on in the town, or where her families murderers might be, if there were any to be had at all in her old home.

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

Of course! I always stash momentos from the brutally mudered former occupants in the kitchen...

Erinaye walks out of the kitchen, and begins to head upstairs into the upper level of the house, attempting to keep her eyes and ears peeled for anything else that would like to attack her.

A more likely place would be the attic or basement... And no way in hell am I going downstairs until morning..

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Perception: Success.

Heading upstairs, Erinaye spots the door to her old bedroom, and can't help but take a quick peek inside. It seems to have been a childs room, since there was a small bed in the corner of the room and a spilled box of toys on the floor.

Suddenly, she spots a loose floorboard in the corner opposite the bed, possibly a hiding place of some sort.

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

My room, been a long time.. Hmmm floorboards look like someone was trying to pull them up..

Erinaye quickly enters the room. She closes the door behind her and proceeds to tear up the boards to see what lays beneath.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pulling up the floorboards, Erinaye finds a small wooden chest hidden underneath.

Last edited:

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

Erinaye grabs the chest fvrom the floorboards. Sitting on the nearby bed she attempts to open it, rifle through the contents contained within.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The chest jingles as Erinaye pulls it from the floor, and when she opens it, she finds it filled with coins, along with a single folded note on top.

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

Erinaye quickly scoops the coins out of the box and into her backpack. She then unfolds the note and begins to read...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The note reads:
Partial payment in advance, as agreed upon in our contract. Full compensation will be given when the terms of our contract are fulfilled. Failure to fulfill the terms of our contract in a timely manner will result in its immediate termination.

The terms are as follows: An advance payment of 150 denarii will be payed to you. At time of payment, product will be put into your care for transport to a pre-determined location. Final payment of 850 denarii will be given when the product reaches its destination. If product has not reached its destination within 5 days, the contractor has the right to terminate this contract at any time afterwards, and enact any suitable action to retrieve the product and return of initial payment.

The note is signed only with "NNJ."

(Gain 150 denarii.)

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

This raises far more questions than it does answers, but least I have more money for supplies tomorrow.. Wonder if there is anything interesting in mom and dads old room...

Erinaye places the denari with the rest of her cash, and places the note into the bookbag, and exits the door toward her parents room.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Entering her parents room, Erinaye finds that it has been turned into a sort of office. Her parents bed, which she had come to find comfort from nightmares many times, was gone, and in its place was a desk with papers strewn about.

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

(OOC: Have I gained any exp yet? Was creating my changelog and wasn't certain, I didn't think so but no problem with asking!)

Jackpot? Lots of papers and files, definately gonna need some time for this one.

Closing and locking the door behind her, so as to provide some warning in case of unwanted visitors, Erinaye sits down at the desk and begins to rifle through the papers, looking for names or anything else to provide some clue as to what happened all those years ago.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Yes, 6 total. 2 for the horse, 2 for the cat, and 2 for the tentacle monster. Though I never said any of it, I swear I don't do it on purpose. It just slips my mind when I'm finishing a post.)

Perception: Failure.

Erinaye sifts through the various papers in the desk for half an hour, mostly economic ledgers for some kind of mining business, but doesn't find anything useful.