What's new

Why zths Tool or Textractor can not use DeepL, when Xunity Translator can use DeepL?

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am confused as to why Xunity Translator can use DeepL Translation without a Timeout because of too many Requests, and Textractor and zths Tool can not?

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Textractor can too, google up sugoi translator.
I think it's something like using web acces instead of API or smth. (I'm not that knowledgeable)

zths

Reputation score
Some reasons:
It's too expensive. ( I actually can't afford to launch any new translation engine with the current volume of users. Unless I raise the user price or reduce the user translation limit.)
DeepL does not support credit cards from my country.( Although the card can be spent in US dollars )
And I think the access without Key is Not enough stable. ( Use in a production environment. )

You might consider: that DeepL (or any other engine) costs $25 per million words translated.
Any game can exceed that size. 1 million words is about 1m-3m in size.

So when I added the new engine:
Users translate a lot of games that have not been translated by this engine.
Game Over.
I don't have a lot of money in reserve for adding new engines.

Last edited:
OP
hentfreak

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Textractor can too, google up sugoi translator.
I think it's something like using web acces instead of API or smth. (I'm not that knowledgeable)
Yeah that might be it (the Web broswer)
Some reasons:
It's too expensive. ( I actually can't afford to launch any new translation engine with the current volume of users. Unless I raise the user price or reduce the user translation limit.)
DeepL does not support credit cards from my country.( Although the card can be spent in US dollars )
And I think the access without Key is Not enough stable. ( Use in a production environment. )

You might consider: that DeepL (or any other engine) costs $25 per million words translated.
Any game can exceed that size. 1 million words is about 1m-3m in size.

So when I added the new engine:
Users translate a lot of games that have not been translated by this engine.
Game Over.
I don't have a lot of money in reserve for adding new engines.
I see. I could see so many people using your Tool to translate games since it just works and is comfortable.

I always wondered, since you offer more Translator if you are A Patreon, is there any better than google? (Japanese --> English)

zths

Reputation score
Yeah that might be it (the Web broswer)

I see. I could see so many people using your Tool to translate games since it just works and is comfortable.

I always wondered, since you offer more Translator if you are A Patreon, is there any better than google? (Japanese --> English)
I think Bing are better.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
reduce the user translation limit.)
I really don't know how your software works so forgive me if I'm completely wrong in my assumptions and unhelpful.
What it looks like is that every time someone starts a game they need to have the software operate and exchange information with the server. Often RPGs take multiple sessions to finish. Which means that bandwidth is consumed multiple times for the same person playing the same game.

If the software saved the translation information it received from your server when it was finished locally, then afterwards would use that information instead of contacting the server to re-translate for every session then you could reduce bandwidth use.

zths

Reputation score
I really don't know how your software works so forgive me if I'm completely wrong in my assumptions and unhelpful.
What it looks like is that every time someone starts a game they need to have the software operate and exchange information with the server. Often RPGs take multiple sessions to finish. Which means that bandwidth is consumed multiple times for the same person playing the same game.

If the software saved the translation information it received from your server when it was finished locally, then afterwards would use that information instead of contacting the server to re-translate for every session then you could reduce bandwidth use.
Not bandwidth, is the translate.

It's cost About 10$ USD pre 1000000 chars, not always 10$ is depending the engine was used.
I have already made some cache for this, otherwise I can't afford any users to keep the services.

The bandwidth also cost me some, but not the biggest issue.

For now I haven't pay to Google, if I have to, I will stop serving for free user.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Ahh I understand. The problem that you're running into is that the service you provide is dependent on a service someone else provides. Because you're operating through patreon you can't charge a user for each translation they request.

In order to expand you'd need to either restructure your business to operate independent of patreon, maybe partnering with the companies that do the translations? Or remove your dependency on the translation companies by handling the translation yourself, which is not ideal. Unless you do either of those things you're just going to have to charge more money.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
There's also a RPGMV plugin which uses DeepL.
However, it's limited to 2 millions characters per month (which is not a lot, depending on whether TL is saved or looked up every time).
It's also very, very unclear if that limit applies to each individual profuct, or the whole of them.

It's probably the same kind of issue here.

zths

Reputation score
Ahh I understand. The problem that you're running into is that the service you provide is dependent on a service someone else provides. Because you're operating through patreon you can't charge a user for each translation they request.

In order to expand you'd need to either restructure your business to operate independent of patreon, maybe partnering with the companies that do the translations? Or remove your dependency on the translation companies by handling the translation yourself, which is not ideal. Unless you do either of those things you're just going to have to charge more money.
Charging users directly for translations under this model would be very expensive.
Example: Deepl charges $25.00 per million characters.
Some games I will extract more than a million characters, so the price of translating a game will exceed the price of buying the game. (I don't think anyone will accept)

I now need the volume of users to let all users share the cost equally.
Because the amount of games is limited, each game will not be translated repeatedly because there is a cache.

Additional information: The existing user base does not support me to add new game engine support or translation engine support.

Adding game engine support will increase the volume of games, which will lead to increased costs.
Adding a translation engine because the new engine has no cache at all will also increase costs.