What's new

Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

I'm a bit confused over what's happening in the Haven thread. Rain and her friend didn't have any mention in Keylo's last post so... Are they still standing in the lobby or what?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm a bit confused over what's happening in the Haven thread. Rain and her friend didn't have any mention in Keylo's last post so... Are they still standing in the lobby or what?
Yes, they were mentioned... as part of "everyone". So they followed Reina into the meeting room.

Write up a post saying something along the lines of "Rain and Winifred find seats next to each other".

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

My bad on that one, but assume that they followed the rest to the meeting room? >.>;; (Trying to move things along)

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Burnttoast's intro is finally up, Tsuki's to follow...

The latter is to be held responsible for that horror-esque intro given to Burnttoast, given that its thanks to them I spent 4 hours researching methods of torture, bondage, and punishment.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't want to sound unappreciative but... I honestly don't like Tsuki's idea for my characters starting scenario. I've always hated things like medieval torture, any type of torture really, and usually try to avoid things like that. I have a feeling that this entire scenario is going to be filled with different forms of torture and multiple people having it done to them, or simply Rio having herself horribly abused physically. I hadn't thought that my character would get a scenario like this, I was expecting something along the lines of her role being reversed and something hunting her down.

I don't mean to be a jerk by saying this, as I appreciate the fact that Keylo went through the trouble of doing research for this. I wish I had thought that a character like Rio might lead to something like this, I wish I had said something regarding my distaste for torture and high level of bondage along with high level punishment. I guess it's my fault and ill just have to go through with the scenario, as much as I may dislike it.

Last edited:
OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Ehh, no. I'm the one who came up with that idea by myself, Tsuki just made me have the idea when I was discussing her scenario, so don't put blame on her.

Also, more on that... Start is only a scare gimmick similar to the one used against Jenn in her scenario... There won't be any actual torture in these threads (well...not on player characters anyway) so long as I'm the GM, mainly as I know how guro/torture can ruin everyone's "appetite" so to say. You 'are' right about the hunter bit though...that's to come after the start gimmick :p.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

If that's the case then this should work out just fine. Ill get to posting then...

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey! It's not my fault so don't put blame on me! You were the one that gave me options and I just picked one... or two. I never gave you any ideas!

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

My dear, its because of your selections that I started to have ideas.

So tough cookies. ;)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, who're we waiting on to get to the Haven, besides ZeroSpace, Shrike, Tsuki, and Toast?

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

No one. I'm writing up the Haven post as we speak. Its just a big post, so its taking me longer than usual.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, take your time, since it's fairly important. Also, it should probably also go in the announcements thread for easy access by new players, whenever you finish it.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

I am gonna put a early note here.
I am not gonna be on on Thursday and Friday.
I will be on for the rest of the night, so Keylo if you have anything else to wrap up, please do it soon, thank you.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Be healed of thine writers block! And posteth! So that thine game might continue!

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

*wishes it were that easy*

That aside, I need people to stop sending me freaking L4D/Mabi/Etc invites >.>;;

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok...who in the haven thread votes I do the intro in another manner than rushing it into a single post/speech and instead have it done in a "question"/"lengthy explainations" method? Since...three days plus, and so far...this just isn't working out for me, given that I find making GOOD speeches WHILE maintaining roleplay descriptions/etc to be a tad harder than expected.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

If you're having trouble, then by all means, change it up. We'd rather have to shift what you say into IC speech than have the RP die entirely, I think ;)

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Do whatever you feel comfortable doing Keylo. It doesn't matter what method you use for the intro, it's not a big deal, I'm sure nobody will complain as long as things move along.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

I agree, change it to whatever you feel works best.