Re: Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

Fourthed.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

After two more days of failing...Fuck it. I'll just post what I have.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

@Updates from now on:

Just an official note to say that I'll be updating in 'waves' from now on, similar to Siphon in CoC generally once to twice a day on weekdays. Weekends and holidays on the other hand, will be graced with more updates as I have more time and energy on my hands that's not being sapped by real life. For now though? Sleep, seeing as I already passed out twice while doing an update. Expect more updates tomorrow, including a few in the haven thread to FINALLY get things moving.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okie dokie.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okie dokie.
TASSADAR HAS SPOKEN!

You'd be smart to heed the Okie, and wise to hark the dokie, for if you don't, a thousand years of nup will fall upon you!

(Don't even ask me, I won't have a good answer)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wtf?

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Ugh, after almost 3 days of complete inactivity... fuck it. I am getting that update out even if it kills me. Update for all threads incoming.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, nice to hear Keylo. So does this mean you're going to respond to my character as Winfred?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know about you... But under the circumstances, now isn't the best time to be solving puzzles. Even games like Silent Hill give you a break when you happen across a puzzle. And under the circumstances, I couldn't possibly say that Shiva figures out the puzzle, because she would feel pressured by the pounding on the door. That feeling of fear, the need to flee, both of those are overruling rational thought.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Who ever said the Lady plays fair? ;)

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Who ever said the Lady plays fair?
Truer words have never been spoken... While the Lady is required to leave at least a single "path to victory" for her opponents so that the game will remain a 'game', she by no means, is responsible for ensuring that her opponent will take that chance ;P. That of course, involves placing pressure on the opponent and attacking them psychologically.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would have preferred it be that the wrong answer just ends up with that ill fate, but with this, logically, Shiva would just end up picking the wrong door in most cases, unless I just solve it in my head, thus influencing her choice with OOC in order to actually have any chance at not losing every time.

If I'm going to be IC with this, I'd like to know I have a chance, rather than come to the annoying conclusion that I have to step out of IC, just to make any progress, or avoid getting raped over and over. I managed to stay IC until this point, which aggravates me, as I hate stepping out of character just to get past an obstacle.

Of course, I could do the opposite, and just allow Shiva to get raped and lose every puzzle that might come along because she's under pressure, but as that event would occur over and over, I'd just get tired of playing.

Please don't force me to go OOC just to get something done in this game. I fucking hate that.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Raptor: at least your character knows there is a puzzle, because of typo's, Jen never really got that chance.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Righto... posts incoming. I'm seriously falling behind in schedule... Will be going from easiest to hardest this time around, rather than oldest to newest so the ones that I'm not suffering writer's block for will be able to proceed.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

It was six in the morning, I was half asleep...sue me.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

... How, exactly, did Shiva not only punt, but 'send flying,' a large dog?

Hell, I could kick a 'large dog' hard enough to break it's rib cage, but even that wouldn't be enough to lift it off it's feet.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The dog was filled with helium.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

It depends how far it flew, and what was the dog trying to do, I could kick sand bag and send it flying a bit, but lets just say it was already in the air due to some other force sending it upward and I kick it, it'd fly further.
So if the Dog was trying to jump in the air, it might... make sense?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unless the room was about as thin as a hallway, due to Shiva's back being against the door, no, it makes no sense.

Pheonix's explanation makes the most sense, and is what I'll be going with.