What's new

Without a Home (Shrike7)

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Alberik and Blank (Shrike7 and IronAnt)

The woman in leather armor would stare at Alberik for a moment, her ruby eyes a slight bit wide. Two bat like wings stuck out like a sore thumb, giving a small flap.

'Such an odd sight... Such a strange face... Oh, I'm staring! Stupid, stupid!'

"Yes, well..." The woman would cough, clearing her throat for her introduction. "My name is Irienys. It is a pleasure to meet you, and I hope to be of some use to you on your journey..."

The young woman would give a brief, awkward salute before taking the woman's hand and shaking it. Irienys had, prior to this meeting, begged to be let in after her mad flee from her village. She had been fortunate enough to make it, though almost did not. It was a struggle that she, fortunately, won. Her plan now was to try to make it to the academy. She felt it was her only hope of returning to normal. Even if that backfired, perhaps her distant family would be willing to help her in one way or another. He and her father had always sounded like they were on friendly terms.

"I have um... Some distant family at the academy I must see. About my unnatural growth... Oh, yes, Breakfast. Yes, that sounds great. I haven't eaten this morning..."

She would give a sheepish smile. Sera would get a quick, "Good morning" from the awkward warrior.

(Sorry if this took too long, exhaustion overcame me last time I was writing my post up.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Alberik and Irienys (Shrike7 and IronAnt)

Alberik: HP = 43, PP = 52, EP = 88, Status = Fine
Irienys: HP = 55, PP = 30, EP = 30, Status = Fine

(XP @ Shrike and welcome to the thread IronAnt. You came just in time.)

Sera glared at Alberik as she laughed, but smiled afterwards. It struck Alberik as strange some time later that the other woman had undressed fully before turning off the lights.

Later, when she awoke from her dream after having gone to bed, Sera's voice called quietly to her in response to her muttered apology, not even a hint of tiredness in the elf's voice; "Don't worry about it... Are you alright?" there was concern in her voice, more than anything, and once Alberik assured her that things were alright, she said no more. What the other woman did do, however, was to curl up next to Alberik herself, resuming the cuddle even though Alberik had rolled over and grabbed her pillow. Her breathing was low and steady against the back of Alberik's neck, and she seem to fall back asleep almost immediately. When they got up in the morning, Sera didn't seem to share her modesty, and got dressed in plain view of her. She also drew out a thick cloak made from the hide of some sort of animal, and handed it to Alberik, saying; "It'll keep you warm enough for now. I want it back before you leave though!"

After Irienys had introduced herself, Erik said; "Right. And I would be glad to join you for a quick meal. I think that.... What's that?"

Erik pointed out into the courtyard, and all of them immediately noticed the shadow that was passing over it. It quickly covered the entirety of the open area, blocking out the light of the sun and leaving Gods-Reach almost as dark as it was at night. The elves who were out in the open were gaping up in awe and horror, and they heard people beginning to shout, the loud clipped words of orders being delivered.

Erik and Sera were already moving to get a better view, and Alberik and Iri had no reason to do otherwise. What they saw was a massive.... Something, had Arrived above Gods-Reach floating above the fortress-city like a massive vulture. It was dark grey in color, and it's mass covered the sky completely, bits of grey clouds visible only at the edges of their vision, where thousands of massive tentacles waved through the air. Even from here, they could see the things fleshy texture, as though the monstrosity floating above them was a living thing.

The shouts increased in volume as tiny dots began falling down from the floating creature, raining upon Gods-Reach like snow as they descended. People in the courtyard quickly either cleared out or drew weapons, including both Sera and Erik, and both Alberik and Iri figured out why immediately as something landed in front of them. It uncurled itself from a crouch, the humanoid creature quickly rising to its full, twelve foot height before them. Muscles rippled beneath it's plain, grey flesh, and they could practically feel the things physical power as it stood up. At first, it's head was perfectly round and featureless, but as they stared at it, a maw appeared on it. A maw filled with rows of razor sharp teeth, that opened wide enough that it could probably have fit any one of their torsos inside of it, and issued a high pitched, nearly deafening roar, a sound so filled with mindless rage and hatred that it's violent intentions were clear even before it raised a fist in preparation.

Elsewhere in the courtyard, more such creatures were landing, followed swiftly by smaller creatures. The smaller ones were only about three feet tall, but they had no features save for about a dozen slimy tendrils that waved out around them, and a quartet of long spindly legs that supported a ball-shaped body. The elves response was nothing short of violent to these invaders, and Erik and Sera prepared to do much the same.

(Time for me to just ruin your day.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((But the day just started... And i get XPs for funny OOC comments? Cool! ;) ))

Alberik nodded to Erik and began to speak when the shadow arrived. She listened to the shouts coming from all around, and peered up, trying to make out what it was. "I take it this isn't a normal occurance then?" She asked rhetorically, pushing herself to keep up with the others but still lagging a bit behind.

They reached the viewpoint and she stared up with the others at the massive... Thing, that was now hovering above God's Reach. She just had enough time to take in it's features before it began dropping swarms of something from itself upon the fortress. One landed in front of them and resolved itself into a massive creature of some kind, all teeth and muscle. A whole host of smaller ones were also landing about, all of which looked simply like a ball covered in appendages.

Erik and Sera prepared for a fight, and Alberik did so as well. Not wanting to try and touch the thing's mind, she instead took a look around for a spare weapon, and instead recieved a flash of memory, showing a wizened man making arcane gestures and speaking incantations to cause a magical lance of fire to come into being. She followed the motions instinctively and with what seemed to be long years of practice, and the same effect followed suit, a white-hot line of fire leaping from her outstretched hand towards the creature, aiming straight for it's chest.

Holy fire, 5 EP to start, so 10d6 damage, right? Not sure what else it needs, but let me know and I'll make sure to stick it in any future uses.

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Irienys would quickly put her attention on what Erik pointed out, her wings flapping a bit and her ruby eyes glittered. Said eyes would begin to grow wide as she saw the sight. "What in the name of..." She would follow behind the group when they went to get a better look, her hand already on the hilt of her sword. The soldier was not feeling very confident, however. This was something far beyond anything she had ever even heard of. The worst she had ever successfully dealt with was a group of rouges attacking her village. This though... This seemed far worse. It terrified her.

"I-is... Is the world now coming to an end?" It looked like her eyes were spinning as the creature landed before them all. She would almost stumble backwards and land flat on her ass as this happened.

'I'm going to die, I'm going to die... Heaven is raining its fury upon us... Or something else. I don't know! Something wants me dead though, I can be certain of that! Oh why must I have such luck, I just wanted to cook for goodness sake!'

Should anyone pay any mind to her, they would see her knees shaking as she drew her sword out. Spirit nor anger filled her, only fear. She knew this very well, though would still put up the best sort of fight she could. She knew if she did nothing of use, she would be tossed aside like trash.

"I-I shall... I shall do all I can to protect you m-miss Alberik... Forgive me if it isn't much...."

She would get into a offensive stance watching as a stream of flames were shot at the monster. Deciding this was as good a chance as ever, she would charge forward and attempt to cleave her sword right into the monster.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 43, PP = 52, EP = 83/88, Status = Fine
Irienys: HP = 29/55, PP = 30, EP = 30, Status = Injured

Rolls
Attack (Alberik) : Miss. You and your 1s.
That would have been accurate for damage, if you had hit.

Attack (Sera) : Hit.
Damage: 5 + 4 + 4 + 16 - 12 = 17 damage.

Attack (Erik) : Hit.
Damage: 4 + 5 + 6 + 19 - 12 = 22 damage.

Attack (Irienys) : Hit.
Damage: 10 + 1 + 26 - 12 = 25 damage.

Attack (Monster) : Hit.
Damage: 3 + 2 + 25 - 4 = 26 damage. Armor is at 20/30 TP.

While Sera and Erik were already moving forward, it was Alberik's blast of flame that streaked out to strike at the behemoth first. Unfortunately, her flash of memory hadn't included a way to aim the blast properly, and it sailed right over the creatures head, the globe of white fire streaking out into the morning until it struck the side of a building and exploded harmlessly, not even putting a black mark onto the stone.

The two elves were seemingly unfazed by the creature and its scream, and both of them attacked the beast in near perfect unison. Swords flashed, and grey flesh was hacked from the creature, but it didn't seem to have any blood. It did, however, seem to have nerve endings, as it screamed in rage and began thrashing wildly. By that time, Irienys had gotten up from her fall, which had landed her into a pile of light, powdery snow, and had launched herself into the battle beside the two elves. The corrupted warrior's sword cut deeply into the grey flesh of the monsters abdomen, but it also managed to get itself stuck just long enough for the monster to slam a single massive, rubbery fist right into her check. Irienys just barely retained her footing, but stumbled backwards, clutching her sword and trying to remember how to breath after having the wind slammed from her lungs.

All around the courtyard, where there had once been peace, the sudden battle rage. The elves were seemingly well prepared for incursion, even so deep into their own home. Or maybe all of them were just competent. Either way, all of them were armed, either with swords or bows or magic. Lightning bolts and spheres of fire disintegrated dozens of the smaller creatures and sent the larger ones reeling, and elven steel and arrows cut into the grey flesh like it was nothing more than very thick butter, but the creatures simply continued falling, every monster that fell instantly replaced by a dozen more. The defenders struggled to form units, but the chaotic situation was hardly conducive to such attempts, and some of those who were on their own when this started were already down, either by blows from the massive creatures, or wrapped within the tentacles of the smaller ones.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik mentally groaned as her attack went high, frantically demanding her mind come up with another option. "Uhh, keep them busy!" She shouted back at Ireinys, flinching as she saw the woman take the fist to her chest. She looked around and saw that the elves were all well prepared, fighting back against the invaders immediately and well. But it looked like the numbers were still in the creature's favour, and the elves couldn't kill enough of them to gain a break and regroup. They needed help, badly.

"That's it!" She called out to nobody in particular as another flash came to her, detailing how to call allies from elsewhere. She hurredly started clearing a spot around her and started what sounded like a song under her breath.

"Save me, you're the only out I see, and I need your love the most, when I least deserve it..." She chanted quietly, praying it would work...

Casting Fey Servant, going to summon an Angel, I believe, yep.

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Irienys would gasp for air and she stumbled backwards, eyes spinning as her nerves scream in pain. The punch was enough to make her want to cry. Oh how the warrior wanted to madly flee right now. It all likelihood, she would if doing such a thing would not entirely disgrace her in front of so very many people.

"Owowow... Um, y-yes Ma'am!" the soldier would call back to the woman, her grip on her blades hilt tightening as she charges back at the beast for a second attack. "Please die!" she cried and she aimed to hack her sword at it from behind.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 43, PP = 52, EP = 79/88, Status = Fine
Irienys: HP = 29/55, PP = 30, EP = 30, Status = Injured

Rolls
Alberik summons an angel.

Damage: 6 + 2 + 5 + 16 - 12 = 17 damage.

Damage: 3 + 3 + 1 + 19 - 12 = 14 damage.

Damage: 7 + 3 + 26 - 12 = 24 damage. Killed it.

Both of you gain 4 experience.

Alberik enters into her prayer as the three warriors try to bring down the massive, faceless creature. Slashes from Sera and Erik take more chunks from the thing's body, and the creature has no idea where to turn as they circle around it, hacking off more and more chunks of its flesh with every swing of their swords. Roaring, it spins around, both arms out wide, which forces the two elves to back off lest they have their heads smashed in by the creature's fists.

This gives Irienys just the opportunity that she needs, however. Taking a running jump, the winged girl lands with both feet on the slightly stumbled monsters back, her sword sinking all the way through its chest, until it came out the other side, and then sunk all the way down to the hilt. The creatures scream was suddenly cut off, and it tumbled to the ground, Irienys stumbling slightly as her sword was forced back out of the thing by its own mass hitting the ground.

As the battle waged around the courtyard, elves and invaders entangled in battle as more and more monsters fell from the sky, Alberik's prayer reached out, up into the heavens, beyond even the monstrosity that floated above Gods-Reach. At such an early stage, judging the battle was impossible, but an early guess might say that the invaders sheer numbers would overwhelm the defenders before they could rally and organize themselves. This, until Alberik heard a voice within her mind answer her prayers. A voice that brought a sense of joy and hope to her heart by its mere presence, and filled the skies above were suddenly filled with a blinding white light. "There will be a reckoning for this, outsider. But it will be a light one, for you have called to me in a time of dire need, and for a just cause."

A figure appeared from within the light, the shape of a winged woman hovering in the air above Gods-Reach, shining brightly. She stared down at Alberik for a moment, her directed gaze seemingly piercing through her like a blade, before those glowing blue eyes turned upwards. One naked woman, her blond hair flying in the wind around her, looked up at the monstrosity floating above the elven fortress, blocking out the light of the sun.

The wind suddenly picked up, howling and blowing snow wildly around, but in the safety of the fortress, the fighters were largely unharmed. The monsters falling from up above, however, were not so protected. The howling winds tore them from their path and sent them all flying off into the mountains, and they were left to deal only with those that were already within the courtyard. Unfortunately, that might prove to be difficult, as a dozen of the tentacled creatures, their limbs flailing wildly, landed in front of them just as the wind picked up. They were still outnumbered, and no help was near, but there would be no further reinforcements from above, at least not so long as the angel controlled the winds.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik finished her prayer, and turned back to the monstrosity the others were fighting, just in time to see Irienys topple it with her sword. And then the voice spoke in her mind, drawing her gaze upwards again.

Their gazes met across that distance, And Alberik felt... weighed, evaluated by a force greater than herself. So be it then. She steeled herself and nodded, turning back to the group as the winds started up. The sting bit at her and reminded her of her walk to God's Reach, only the day before. A large group of the smaller monstrosities landing near them brought her back to the present.

"We need to hurry! The sooner we can help get things organized down here, the sooner we can do... something about where they're coming from!" She called out, calling on the fire once again to try to thin the monstrosities' numbers ahead of them. It was slightly different this time, however. the fire lanced out, but immediately thinned and disappeared, right before it exploded anew at the point where it ended, hopefully catching several in the blast. If any of the others were close enough, it would only feel like a warm breeze to them, no heat, no pain.

Holy Fire again, blast template this time around. 5 EP, so 5d6 damage. Whee!

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Blade sinking into the beast, bringing it swiftly to death, Irienys let go of the hilt and backed away, shocked she managed to land a killing blow on the beast. "We... We did it?" Her moment of joy would end as her eyes looked back around and noticed the many beasts still around them. It was only made worse as she felt a bit of pain from her injuries. Despite her doom and gloom, the soldier went to get her sword, picking it back up and trying to mentally prepare herself for more combat. The blade was nearly dropped as the holy winged angel appeared before them all, her mouth going agape. "It... It cannot be...."

Awe struck, the girl almost fell to her knees from the sight. Alberik's voice almost went in one ear and out the other, nearly not registering with the soldier. "Mm... O-oh, yes, of course Ma'am!" The soldier would hurry to the side of the mage, holding her sword tightly. She would give a glance to the other two warriors whom made the prior victory possible, looking for possible wounds on either of them.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 19/43, PP = 52, EP = 74/88, Status = Injured
Irienys: HP = 19/55, PP = 30, EP = 30, Status = Injured

Rolls
Attack (Alberik) : Hit all of them.
Damage: 4 * 5 = 20 damage.

Attack (Sera) : Miss. By 1. :|

Damage: 3 + 2 + 2 + 19 = 26 damage. Killed one.

Damage: 1 + 4 + 26 = 31 damage. Killed two.
Assumed that she would attack stuff if it came into range.

Enemy Attacks:
3 Attacks on Sera: All Miss.
3 Attacks on Erik: All Miss.
2 Attacks on Irienys: 1 Hit, 1 Miss.
Damage: 3 + 1 + 10 - 4 = 10 damage.
Aphrodisiac: Irienys is at 16/21 Resistance.
2 Attacks on Alberik: Both hit.
Damage: 1 + 1 + 10 = 12 * 2 = 24 damage.
Aphrodisiacs: Alberik is at 9/16 Resistance.

How did you both end up at the same HP?

As Irienys stood near to Alberik rather than rush out, Sera and Erik seemed content to do the same, falling back and forming a semicircle in front of Alberik, with the winged girl forced to be in the center more or less by coincidence. The small swarm of tentacled creatures didn't seem to take any notice of Alberik's fire. Not when it spread out from her hands, not when it narrowed, and not even when it expanded outwards, catching all of them in its burning grasp and scorching their slimy gray flesh. None of them tumbled and fell, which would have been nice, but each and every one of them was fairly badly burnt, and it took a moment for their slimy coating to come back.

Sera, Irienys and Erik all took swings at the things as they closed in, and the latter two struck perfectly, Erik cutting the legs out from under one of them while Irienys chopped another in half. Sera, however, was forced to backpedal away as her target reached out its tendrils toward her, already starting to drip once more. They were quickly surrounded, and each and every one of them was forced to dodge and weave in order to avoid the reaching tendrils of their foes. Erik and Sera had almost no trouble with it, batting aside a few tentacles with their swords and narrowly avoiding all of the rest. Irienys sidestepped the first to reach for her, but the second slapped wetly against her face, the blow stinging, but also forcing her to flush suddenly as heat started coursing through her body. Alberik, not being much of a warrior to begin with, took hits from both of the creatures that reached for her, and felt not only pain from the stinging blows, but a sudden, unwarranted arousal as the poison coating of the creatures seeped into her skin.

Up in the sky, the angel controlled the winds, the blizzard concealing her from view totally save for the light she cast down into the courtyard. None below could see it, but the massive floating thing shifted slightly, being pushed aside by the force of the gale that was hammering against it at the celestial being's will. Without reinforcements, the creatures advantage of numbers was beginning to dwindle, and several groups of elves had amassed, and were cutting through the attacking creatures in droves. The battle was still far from over, however, and a number of elves had been taken down, some of them smashed down by the fists of the humanoid behemoths, while others, all women, were in the grasps of some of the tentacled creatures, their armor and clothing being shed aside as they shuddered, apparently not even resisting any longer.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik watched as her blast hit the entire group, much better than her expectations. The smile faded when not a single one of them fell, however, and began to surround her and her group, multiple foes to each of them, herself included. She tried to backpedal herself, but had nowhere to go, taking a whip-like appendage to her thigh, and another to her chest for her troubles. some of the creature's slime sloughed off and landed on her bare skin, the inherent toxin quickly adding an erotic undertone to the stinging pain she felt and made her gasp for breath more than the force to her chest normally would.

She caught a glance at one of the groups further away, saw men on the ground and females being stripped by more creatures like the ones they were fighting, and she realized what was happening. Panic caused her careful consideration to slip a bit, and she put more force into her next blast than she was wanting to. She managed to finish her arm-waving in record time, and managed to resist the urge to point it straight at the creature in front of her, instead aiming it straight down, as most of the creatures should be close enough to the center to get them all, as before.

Holy Fire(blast) once again, spending ten points on it this time. 10d6, Whee! They must have what, like 15 HP left? XD

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It hadn't quite occurred to her yet, but the soldier finally realized something as she embedded her blade into a creature, another opponent falling to her. She was a taking part of a grand battle, part of a likely large scale war. A kind battle her village had prepared her for most of her childhood and adult life. If this was happening here, who knew what was going on there? Was she better off? Should she feel fortunate she was trained for this? She would be very helpless as a cook, to be sure. Though her mind allowed her little time begin pondering ANY of that and she was hit.

"Agh! S-stupid demon..!" Irienys would say as her face began to fluster, her face becoming even more pained as her desire to madly flee increased. Already the poison worked its way into her system, bringing her closer to defeat. Already she felt her nether region dampen from it, freaking her out even more. Her breathing became heavier and more frequent. The poor girls legs would shake in fear. 'So hurt... Harder to stand... So many people are already dead... I don't want to die!' Irienys began to slash out at the foe that landed a strike on her, fear starting to get the best of her as her attacks would become more wild.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 19/43, PP = 52, EP = 64/88, Status = Injured
Irienys: HP = 19/55, PP = 30, EP = 30, Status = Injured

Rolls
Damage: 6 + 2 + 5 + 16 = 29 damage.

Damage: 1 + 3 + 3 + 19 = 26 damage.

Damage: 6 + 4 + 26 = 36 damage.

Attack (Alberik) : Hit all of them.
Damage: 5 * 10 = 50 damage.

Both of you gain 6 experience!

The three warriors, Sera Erik and Irienys, slashed and stabbed and hacked at the encroaching creatures, but even though each of them felled an enemy, there were always more to replace them. Of the dozen that had originally come toward them, only seven remained, but that seven had them all totally boxed in, and even Erik and Sera couldn't hope to avoid all of the reaching tendrils this time. This time, however, the tendrils didn't seem poised to strike, as they began looping toward the ankles of the group....

This was all stopped, however, as Alberik completed her spell, the additional energy being poured into it causing a dramatic difference in its effect. The explosion of white fire, which didn't harm so much as a hair upon the heads of the four at the center of it, did blind them to its immediate effects. All they could see were the end results, and those included the almost complete disintegration of every single one of the creatures. All that remained were piles of ash, and black stains where the creatures had been standing. Erik and Sera turned to stare at Alberik in amazement, and even though the battle still raged around them, Erik took a moment to say; "Where did you learn to do that?"

Elsewhere in the courtyard, the elves were seemingly winning the battle, despite their casualties and the surprise of the attack, thanks to the angel in the sky above. The howling of the blizzard above increased yet more, and the ground under their feet began to shake as the floating monstrosity lurched. The storm descended into the city proper, practically blinding defender and invader alike, and also practically deafening the four. "We have to get inside! Unless you can do something to help us see!" Erik shouted, barely audible as he squinted at Alberik through the whipping snow.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik just managed to get the explosion of white flame out before the creatures in front of her pulled her off her feet, and spent her few seconds of blindness frantically trying not to fall over in the increasingly harsh wind. She caught her balance as she regained her sight and looked around, breathing a sigh of relief as she saw nothing but her allies around her.

She was trying to wipe the remaining slime off her skin onto the clothing on her arm when she caught Erik's question. Thinking about brought an image of a grand ruin half-buried in the sand, and tribal-looking people in thin, shroud-like clothes, all of them with multiple spears strapped to their backs. "The Aiel Wastes?" She said, almost a question in itself.

She shrugged just as the wind picked up, and got a blast of whipping snow inside her cloak as a reward, causing her to redouble her efforts to keep bundled up. She could barely hear Erik's second question. "Umm...' She shouted, once again forcing her mind to give her something that may help. Nothing came this time though, and after a half minute the winds forced her to give up and seek shelter. "Nothing! Where should we go?" She yelled back, following him as best she could.

Once they were inside, Alberik would try to reach out towards the angel with her mind, hoping to establish a connection. The storm has forced us inside, I have little idea of how the rest of the fortress is faring. Is there anything we can do to aid you? Should I try and summon more like you? She asked once she reached the celestial being.

Telepathy, 2EP for conversation, I think.

Last edited:

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

'Too many... No, no, no..!' The warrior almost cried in despair, but was cut short from doing so as Alberik completed her spell. Like the other two, superior fighters, she would look to the mage in surprise. The girl would cry out “Miss Alberik, you're amazing!” the soldier now felt rather bad for finding her face strange. Though there wasn't much time for feeling bad, as she began to shiver from the increasing power of the blizzard. “F-freezing...” she would mutter. Then it would become apparent she could hardly even hear her own muttering.

When Erik suggested getting inside, despite almost not being able to hear him, the soldier nodded in agreement, raising her voice in the hope the others would hear her and her opinion would hold some sort of weight. “Y-yes, inside! That's a great idea!” She would be quick to follow the group to whatever building they went to.

Once inside...

Irienys would walk over to a wall away from the door they came in and slump down against it, breathing a bit heavily. She still had her sword out, just in case, but now that her body was being giving time to stop and rest, the pain and exhaustion she felt was all the more noticeable, for herself and the others. Never had she gone through a battle so fierce. She wondered how she could have fought so well against these demons but gotten her ass raped by a beast. She then thought how useless she was on her own if something like that had gotten the better of her but she could defeat multiple, far more powerful foes with help and guidance.

'I'm entirely useless on my own... Under others however... There may be hope for me yet!'

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 43, PP = 52, EP = 86/88, Status = Fine
Irienys: HP = 55, PP = 30, EP = 30, Status = Fine

Erik looked at Alberik in confusion as she responded to his question, but he didn't inquire further as the winds continued to pick up. The four of them were forced to huddle together as they moved through the winds whipping throughout the courtyard, both to minimize the bite of the cold air and to keep from getting separated in the storm. They didn't have to go very far, at least, as Erik and Sera dragged Alberik and Irienys over to a thick wooden door. It took some doing to pry it open, and the wind followed them inside right up until they managed to push the door closed again. Sera collapsed against the door, panting and shivering at the same time. "I was not dressed for this today!" She said, and then sighed as she leaned against the door. Irineys did something similar to a nearby wall as the corrupted human recovered from the cold, leaving Erik and Alberik standing in a heavily decorated stone corridor.

The building they were in was made of stone, but they could all still feel the icy air rushing through the cracks of the door, and hear it howling through the courtyard. Anyone caught outside in that storm wouldn't last very long, and both Alberik and Irienys were reminded of the women they'd seen being stripped outside before the angel's storm had been called. Unless they'd been rescued by someone else.....

Alberik's mind reached out, and brushed against that of the angel she had called to Gods-Reach, she felt perfect serenity wash over her, proceeding past any mental barriers that she might have tried to erect in the face of such an intrusion onto her will. 'I will require no aid, but thank you for your consideration all the same. Your debt will increase if you call further upon our aid, and I doubt that anything you could face in there will require such an expenditure. Still, 'tis your decision, in the end. There are many within the elven halls that require aid. Provide it to them, and I will call our debt even.''

The sounds of shouts in that language that Alberik recognized, but couldn't understand reached their ears, echoing through the halls. Sera and Erik immediately perked up, the elven woman regaining her feet instantly but then pausing to listen. After a few moments of listening to the shouts, the two of them immediately said; "Trouble!" They started off down the hlal, once more drawing their swords, but then Erik stopped and turned around, saying to both Irienys and Alberik; "Something is wrong, elsewhere in the complex. We can't be sure where exactly, the echoes in this place can get pretty bad... And we need to hurry."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik did what she could to close the door once the two elves found a way inside, but probably wound up hindering more than she was helping. She grumbles agreement to Sera's comment, removing her borrowed cloak and shaking as much of the snow off as possible before donning it again.

She made contact with the angel, and a flash of worry crossed her mind when it slid over her defences, quickly erased when the feeling of serenity washed over her.
I understand, and am fine with increased debt if it is necessary. I meant more help either for you, or for others in the keep that are out of my reach. Let me know if you need assistance. She elaborated, then continued.
I will do all I can, i promise you that.

She perked up at the shouts coming from deeper inside. Forewarned, she was already up and starting to move when their companions decided it was trouble. "We have to hurry, they made it in all over before the storm hit." she says evenly, and doing her best to keep up.

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

“F-freezing...” the soldier would mutter out, brushing snow off of herself once they were inside. She felt so lousy at the moment, cold and beat down. Though she wouldn't let it get her down! She tried to keep herself looking determined. Though that determination broke for a moment as the shouting arose from deeper inside of the building. “Uh-oh...” she said bitterly, expecting something rather awful.

The girl will follow besides Alberik as they head deeper inside, though she would feel a tinge of pain from her injuries.

“I wouldn't suppose any of you know a healing spell..?”

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Good question..." Alberik says as she walks, placing a hand to her chest where she could feel the large bruise developing. Once more, she focuses her thoughts, trying to spark something that would allow her to heal herself and her companions, but this time, nothing presents itself. "Guess not." She says slowly after a moment, with a shake of her head.