Wolf RPG Text Hooking and AGTH help?

IPetr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wolf RPG 2.21.2017.410
/HQ-8@139650:Game.exe

Wolf RPG 2.23.2018.606
/HW-8@137F85:Game.exe

Use /HQN-8@139650:Game.exe and /HWN-8@137F85:Game.exe respectively if you want the hooked text to be split among several text threads or if non-N version of the code doesn't work with text-heavy UI (like in Knight of Erin RJ217199).

Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread, if your game comes with Game.exe v2.20.something, just replace it with Game.exe v2.21 and use the H-code for v2.21 above. from the official website of Wolf RPG Editor comes with it.

Also confused on how to run AGTH via command line without using the shortcut generator.
Place agth.exe and agth.dll in the game's folder, Shift+right click the game's folder (or empty space inside it), "Open command window here", then type "agth /your /parameters /here Game.exe" in the command console.
Alternatively, place agth.exe and agth.dll in some folder mentioned in your system's PATH environment variable (PATH normally contains something along the lines of "C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common", so in C:\Windows for example), and then you'll be able to run AGTH (or ITHVNR etc) from the console opened in any folder, or even from the Run window (opened with WinKey+R combination) - the latter is a handy way to attach the hooker to the running process, i.e. start the game, press WinKey+R, "agth /x2 /c /kf /pnGame.exe", Enter and you're done.

Last edited:

seireitei92

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Any tips to prevent Erin spamming like crazy? I mean in old Wolf it's also spamming with end but this time it's like endless

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The best you're going to get is the advice in my previous post, or IPetr's post. Do note the use of HQN codes rather than HQ codes, as well as the /KF switch (which suppresses repetition of phrases).

I'd also recommend launching then game and then attaching AGTH to it via /pnGame.exe; this will suppress getting hooks for things which are only used on launch, and in the event that you have endless spam slowing down your PC, which normally occurs in the Save/Load dialogues, you can simply quit AGTH and then relaunch it.

Ultimately though, Wolf isn't a particularly friendly game engine to hook. It's unfortunate, but that is what it is.

gtsisthebest

Reputation score
So I have a Wolf RPG 2.21.2017.410 game and I'm using the code IPetr provided (/HQ-8@139650 ) but the game just crashes as soon as I start it, HQN makes no difference, anyone know why this is happening?

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm trying to play a 2.24 game, specifically . Tried the codes provided before in the thread, not really expecting them to work. Unsurprisingly, they didn't. Anyone knows how to hook this version?

Also, what is /pngame? Is that something you write in the command window? In the AGTH shortcut? What's it supposed to do?

Portab

Reputation score
I'm trying to play a 2.24 game, specifically . Tried the codes provided before in the thread, not really expecting them to work. Unsurprisingly, they didn't. Anyone knows how to hook this version?
/HW-8@137F95:Game.exe should work for 2.24. It did for me in another 2.24 game, at least.

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
/HW-8@137F95:Game.exe should work for 2.24. It did for me in another 2.24 game, at least.
Worked for me, and also for another game I had in my waiting list. Much thanks.

Naga

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ITH won't attach and agth keeps missing words and sometimes entire sentences. I beseech the Internet god for help!!!
It's 2.24 but the codes here don't work

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

ITH won't attach and agth keeps missing words and sometimes entire sentences. I beseech the Internet god for help!!!
It's 2.24 but the codes here don't work
Have you tired Textractor? It works for most Wolf games, and a lot of other games that older hooks have trouble with.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Soo, this did the trick for me with a Wolf v2.24 game too. I couldn't find anything really working with Textractor (and not for the lack of trying), and even when a hook seemed more-or-less fine, it wasn't to a static address, so, yeah... Didn't hold. xD
Got really lucky by looking around here as well. This (hook-)code seems to grab a good percentage of the appearing text (which, from what I gather, probably come from different textboxes and/or sources for those)...

Where did you come by this h-code, if I may ask? I guess some, at least beginner-level coding knowledge was needed for the reverse-engineering part...
At any rate, thanks.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Where did you come by this h-code, if I may ask? I guess some, at least beginner-level coding knowledge was needed for the reverse-engineering part...
At any rate, thanks.
Well, I can't speak of the v2.24 code, but I found the v2.21 code I made using Cheat Engine. It's actually fairly simple to do, very little coding knowledge is required. For more info, see:

Pro-tip: If you can, find a game which uses English somewhere to make it easier to type a string into Cheat Engine and also make it so you don't have to worry about encodings etc; I made my code on a game which used English menus.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, I can't speak of the v2.24 code, but I found the v2.21 code I made using Cheat Engine. It's actually fairly simple to do, very little coding knowledge is required. For more info, see:

Pro-tip: If you can, find a game which uses English somewhere to make it easier to type a string into Cheat Engine and also make it so you don't have to worry about encodings etc; I made my code on a game which used English menus.
Thanks.
Ah, yes, my arch nemesis, encoding. I don't want to change to Japanese syslocale, so trying to use LE for all softwares included, i.e. the game, CE, and TA which gets the OCR. Hmmm. That reminds me, maybe I should set the OCR software to run with LE too... But I guess if it passes through my clipboard it will inevitably get effed, codepage-wise? :unsure:

At any rate, CAN find the string if it doesn't contain any "special characters" like, numbers, or " or , and the like. Of course I get ???s for the values at those addresses in CE, so not that great... (guess "just" running it in J locale with LE is not cutting it) Also, the only English in the game is quite literally the main menu, elements of which unfortunately only return non-green adresses, and none have anything access them, incidentally... xD
Anyhoo, even tried converting the OCR'd (and seemingly okay) currently showing text to hex, then searching for array of byte (in hex) with that, and actually finding green addresses. But the (only) one seemingly correctly changing with the text, only has a fricking 'jb' (jump back?) opcode instruction accessing it.
And that's where I decided to call it quits. Hehe.

Oh well, since that previously mentioned code works (that is, the game is v2.24), not a problem, was just curious. I think Textractor with a couple of linked threads will suffice.

Zero_G

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The best you're going to get is the advice in my previous post, or IPetr's post. Do note the use of HQN codes rather than HQ codes, as well as the /KF switch (which suppresses repetition of phrases).

I'd also recommend launching then game and then attaching AGTH to it via /pnGame.exe; this will suppress getting hooks for things which are only used on launch, and in the event that you have endless spam slowing down your PC, which normally occurs in the Save/Load dialogues, you can simply quit AGTH and then relaunch it.

Ultimately though, Wolf isn't a particularly friendly game engine to hook. It's unfortunate, but that is what it is.
Putting that /KF switch on textractor gives me errors. Is there a way to put it? While the extension "Remove repeated phrases" works, I have to use both of them at the same time, and half the time it gives mixed sentences.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
@Zero_G At the risk of pointing out the obvious, Textractor isn't AGTH, and my instructions were for AGTH. I'm not sure how /KF applies to Textractor, of it uses it's own features, so I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

Textractor does do a fairly decent job of hooking older Wolf games. If it doesn't work for you though and you want to follow my instructions, definitely use AGTH instead.

Zero_G

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ok couldn't make the hooks provided in this thread to work with AGTH for version 2.23 and 2.24 as they freeze the game (the hooks DO work in textractor), but using the v2.21 with the hook habisain provided made it work. The game complains when launched by v2.21 but it still loads, don't know if this will be a problem down the road.

But the performance is far superior compared with the other hooks or the textractor native ones, no mixed sentences at all, and the hook is fast, though as noted, the game may be slow in the menu, or appear frozen when loading a game.

Last edited:

a809175334

Reputation score
Anyone know how to hook a game with v2.271?
texttracker doesn't seem to work, and the 2.24 code doesn't work either

Zero_G

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
First, try replacing the game.exe with past versions, and see if the game works. If textractor gives you repeating phrases and the plugins can't fix it well like it happened to me, use AGHT with v2.21

a809175334

Reputation score
First, try replacing the game.exe with past versions, and see if the game works. If textractor gives you repeating phrases and the plugins can't fix it well like it happened to me, use AGHT with v2.21
Nope, game won't run when I replaced it with a past version. Sad that textractor doesn't update anymore.

darksshades

Reputation score
Here are a few that work on v2.271.2021.7
Agth were found with textextractor but for convinience here they are.

Code:
HS932#8@4559A0

HS932#C@4262D0

---Others that work if not working above

HS932#24@4D3BA0
HS932#20@4D3B70
HS932#-C@4DFC40

HS932#-4@4DFF30
HS932#8@4DB4D0
HS932#-4@4DFF30