What's new

ACT [X・らびっと] Vivi and The Magic Island/ヴィヴィと魔法の島 (RJ01129599)

Yuyami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Header_Vivi.jpg

ヴィヴィと魔法の島
Vivi and The Magic Island

Story: Not yet implemented. Will update later.
Description: Some of you guys may or may not remember X-Rabbits, but this developer is the same developer that created the "Alps & The Dangerous Forest" game, after nearly a year-long hiatus, he has came back to grace us with a new game which happens to be straight up an action game with combat element instead of puzzle action like the previous one. Said developer has revamped his website introducing the new protagonist by the name "Vivi" as well as opened up both Ci-En and Fantia option for those who want to support him, a free trial version of the game can be found in both his ci-en or fantia (links below, which reminds me, the paid content actually mentions it has an additional H scene other than just with the one enemy that has a H scene in the free trial)

Gameplay: Sidescrolling action/platformer. Judging by what I see from the trial, the animation quality is exactly what to expect similar to his previous work but with overall more details like how if you attack once and didn't continue the combo, she will slowly sheathe her sword back or when she's taken enough damage, her idle animation would show her being hurt, when you attack an enemy, you have a chance to stun the enemy (though I'm still unsure how the stun mechanic works here just yet), stunned enemy will take critical damage once you hit them and that will snap them out of being stun (though it seems you can inflict critical damage regardless whether the enemy is stunned or not, need confirmation on this), you can use your gun to inflict additional damage when headshotting enemies (this can also lead to stunning them, leaving them wide open to your sword attacks) you can also deflect enemy projectiles with either your sword or your gun as well. There's some improvement in animation quality overall compared to his previous work but nonetheless, those who played "Alps & The Dangerous Forest" would know exactly what I meant.

H Content: Since we only got trial it's a bit too early to judge, but seeing how impressive the quality of the previous game "Alps & The Dangerous Forest" was, guess we can expect a similar treatment for this game as well, hopefully. Though I'll admit there's a lot of much more refined animation in this one, but we'll see as new updates gets released. There's already one H scene in the free trial, but it did say there's another additional H scene in the paid content, so not just the one from the free trial alone apparently.

Controls:
A/D - Move left/right (when grabbed by an enemy, press both repeatedly to get out quickly) [while attacking, if you press the left/right button opposite to where the character is facing, she will perform a backstep)
W - Jump (you can jump to dodge certain enemy attacks just right before it hits you)
S - Crouch (while moving press S to slide)
Left Click - Attack (up to 4 attacks, left click also use to fire gun with while aiming)
Right Click - Aim (gun keeps up to 20 bullets) [you can move but slowly while aiming and you can only aim on the ground]
R - Reload
Left Shift (Hold): Slows time (both for using magic and while aiming the gun)
Left Shift (Hold) + Click: Cast Magic
Esc - Pause

Links:

Last edited by a moderator:

coco008

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh shit tis da wan who made scary forest and monsters.
Hopefully quality and monsters on the next story is the same or improvement from the last.

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Ooh, been a long time coming since their last game. Definitely liking the approach for this one.

Also, that transition from the tutorial and into the actual game though was just slick.

herovip0903

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The free trial has h-scene too, totally caught me off guard, almost broke my no nut november because it's too good. The gameplay is really good too, smooth and fancy with many nice action details with her katana and gun. His previous game was amazing even without any fighting so this one will be a big hit.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score
the only thing i want is that the H scenes to start while having hp

OP
Yuyami

Yuyami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

here's the version that has the additional content, you basically get another area instead of just the one after the tutorial, which has another enemy (with H scene) that is not available in the free trial

antares23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Guess who just failed NNN, Goddayum that 2nd Hscene was hot, this dev never ceases to amaze me of the amazing quality of the Hscenes that they make

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Alps-chan made him a ton of money so this one had better have high quality and content.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
A DEFINITE WATCH! Love the animation and the expression!

comakill23

Reputation score
As much as I miss the old girl when its this good it really is just a footnote. More so the gameplay is good which is shocking, seems like a genuinely great game due to its attention to detail.

Silvanya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Gameplay is smooth the ability to combo and chain just with melee is great. It is very open ended

hd00d

Reputation score
Update for December:

Seems like one new enemy with Animation and CG.

OP
Yuyami

Yuyami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

here you go guys, the link contains this month's paid content, however, it does NOT include the previous month's paid content, so the paid content for this one is separate to the previous month.

You can go to the new area with the new enemy by simply going left after you drop out from the tutorial area

antares23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sooo is there no new animation or am i just missing something? all i can get is the game over cg

OP
Yuyami

Yuyami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sooo is there no new animation or am i just missing something? all i can get is the game over cg
the new enemy does have a grab animation in which it bear hugs you in which you can still break free, but otherwise it's only game over CG for this one

antares23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
the new enemy does have a grab animation in which it bear hugs you in which you can still break free, but otherwise it's only game over CG for this one
Ahh no wonder i cant find any. Anyways thanks for the upload ^.^ im hoping they would add a new H animation next update.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Damn, the bearhug damage is too fast for her current healthbar :(