What's new

XXXzone Sign Up Thread - Alien want to probe you!

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
So while the groups that I regularly play with are open to the idea of play-testing my creation, between conventions, parties, birthdays and Easter, we won't be playing again until mid April. I'm pretty confident in the stability of the game, but not how smooth game play is, and that's why I'm putting out this open invitation for a play-test on IRC or PbP.

The game is a tactical turn-based shooter heavily influenced by Xcom and Fallout 1&2 and 4. For the first couple of games I'll pre-generate some characters to make it easier on the players, then release rules for custom Character Creation once I get a better handle on what special abilities characters need to make the game more fun for everyone.

My schedule is open for an IRC game anytime between Monday morning and Thrusday night, 9am to 9pm EST.

Feel free to check out The Campaign Notes Thread for an overview of the game mechanics. You are all more than welcome to ask for clarification on any rules.

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: XXXzone play-test signup and scheduling

Something I noticed so far, even if we didn't get terribly far in the playtest

1)While -5% per five feet is too high, I think -2% is just a touch too low. It might be worth trying -3% instead.

2)At first I thought that the game wasn't very lethal. I was shortly proven wrong, but this leads to an interesting point: damage isn't cumulative. Oh, the PENALTIES are cumulative, but you can take multiple serious injuries and as long as none of them are mortal, you're not in a risk of death(unless you keep getting shot at). I'm not sure if it's a bad thing, exactly, but it feels a bit odd. Something that pays thinking about.

3)This might be because I was a bit too conservative with automatic fire(note to self: use more bursts and spreads next time), but shotguns seem to be really fucking powerful. In fact, you're more likely to survive standing right next to a fragmentation grenade than being next to someone being shot at with shotgun. The only weapon that felt nearly as lethal was the sniper rifle, and that can only kill one person per shot. And even then I'm not entirely sure that was more about the rifle itself than it was about it's wielder, with 25% higher accuracy than the next best character. Which brings me to the next point...

4)Melee weapons kind of suck. It's hard to analyse based on a single battle, but based on what I've seen so far, unless conserving ammo is a concern, there doesn't seem to be any reason to actually use a melee weapon. This is again something that isn't necessarily a bad thing(because really, if you already have a gun in your hands, why would you ever switch to a melee weapon IRL?), but it does bear thinking about: are melee weapons supposed to be a viable first resort, or just a last resort for when you're out of ammo?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Yeah, good game so far. A few hiccups, but that's why we test!

1) I'm leaning towards 3% myself. Maybe that can be useful for setting the difficulty level. 2% on easy, 3% on hard?

2) I do think it's a bit silly to take many bullets and still not die, but it's not like enemies can't be disable by enough hits. 10 hits from minor wounds, 5 from severe or two mortal wounds (that are independently survived) will disable someone but not kill them, which is the kind of thing that happens in firefights sometimes. Perhaps I should add a mechanic that lets people finish off foes in case of auto-res zombies or something? At the very least you if you disable someone you can get close and execute them with another bullet I guess.

3) Weapon lethality can be reduced by increasing the DT of the weapon, lowering the chance of scoring dangerous wounds. Part of the problem you're seeing is that using them at close range also reduces the accuracy penalty, which means an even better chance to get a deadly blow. Which is what I wanted. Warthog has also rolled pretty high on some of his attacks... and I may have fudged a couple of rolls a bit because of roll spam. :3

4a) As for melee weapons sucking, I guess compared to the mighty shotgun they are underwhelming, so maybe I should decrease their DTs to make they bit better, but really they are supposed to be last resort weapons, not acceptable alternatives like in TF2.

4b) Ammo conservation rules are related to the encumbrance rules, which I'm still hammering out. I don't want to go the route of Xcom and have unlimited ammo but shitty magazine capacity and magical weeaboo bullet spreads, so I'm going for giving every item a weight and forcing players to do a bit of accounting. But for the playtest I just eyeballed it and gave everyone plenty of magazines and grenades.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

OK. I have tons of free time now, so there's no excuse for me not to spend a whole bunch of time running a couple of games here and there, or even try to run a whole campaign. I'm thinking that I can generate some content faster by focusing on what other players are focusing on.

So here's how it's going to work, anyone can sign up for an XXXzone instance for them, and we'll negotiate how we'll play together.
  • You can request to either have a play-by-post game or a scheduled IRC session with a virtual table top.
  • You can by a solo game or play with others.
  • You can ask for a one shot tactical scenario, or a whole campaign.
  • You can pick how much hentai content happens, whether the monsters are perverts or rapists, whether sexy time happens if you win or lose.

If you want to play with others, all you need to do is roll up an operative. If you want to play solo, you have to roll up four.

Operatives are generated by rolling 1d4+1 in order and assigning the results to each attribute, then picking one attribute to being the Special one. After that you calculate your derived statistics as described in the rules here

Starting equipment for one shot scenarios will be determined by me, but if you want to start a new campaign all operatives start as rookies with the equipment listed below. Give your character a name and a (para)military background that would grab the attention of your new Commander, Gerald Ingham, and give him a reason to recruit you. As a rule, new field operatives are generally untested in actual combat but can show exception potential, if not passable competence.

Rookie Equipment:
1x SAP - 5mm Semi-automatic Pistol, 0.5kg
3x 20 5mm Pistol Jacketed Bullet magazine, 0.45kg (0.15kg)
1x Billpup - 5mm Small Assault Rifle, 2.5kg
3x 20 5mm Rifle Jacketed Bullet magazine, 0.75kg (0.25kg)
1x Combat Knife, 0.4kg
1x Fragmentation Grenade, 1kg
1x Flash Light, 0.10kg
Last Chance Body Armour, 2.5kg

Total Weight: 8.20kg

Character Sheet Template:
Operative's Fullname, Optional Nickname
Str #, Per #, End #, Cha #, Int #, Agi #, Lck #
Acc 85+(5xPER), AP 6+((AGI+1)/2), Enc 10+(5xSTR) [20+20xSTR+5XEND], Fort (5xEND)+(2xSTR), Will (5xEND)+(2xCHA)+INT, Sneak 5xAGI, Sight 5+PER

Armour: Last Chance Body Armour - Type 1 - DR 15% - 2hp - 2.5kg

SAP - 5mm Semi-automatic Pistol - Can be used in one hand.
DT 50%, Recoil 5%, Magazine 20 rounds 5mm Pistol, Reload 2AP, STR 1, Range 6, 0.5kg
Shoot 3AP, 1 round ammo
Burst 5AP, 3 rounds ammo, two attack rolls
3x 20 5mm Pistol Jacketed Bullet magazine, No Penetration, 0.45kg (0.15kg)

Billpup - 5mm Small Assault Rifle
DT 45%, Recoil 10%, Magazine 20 rounds 5mm Rifle, Reload 2AP, STR 2, Range 15, 2.5kg
Shoot 4AP, 1 round ammo
Spray 7AP, 10 rounds ammo, cone
3x 20 5mm Rifle Jacketed Bullet magazine, Penetration Type 1, 0.75kg (0.25kg)

Combat Knife - Can be used in one hand.
DT 45%, STR 2, Weight 0.4kg - Free
Slash - 2 AP
Throw - 3 AP, range changes to user's STR, but you no longer have the knife

1x Fragmentation Grenade
DT 80%, Explosion DT 35%, AP Type 2, Radius 2, Weight 1kg
Throw - 4 AP (Draw Item 1 AP, pull pin 1AP, toss it 2 AP)
Note: Shrapnel grants three attack rolls

Flash Light, 0.10kg

Total Weight Carried: 8.20kg

Special Abilities:
Rookies do not have special abilities to begin with. They are not special yet.

Biography:

Last edited:

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: XXXzone Sign Up Thread - Alien want to probe you!

Name: Belle Piper
Str 2; Per 5*; End 2; Cha 3; Int 5; Agi 5; Luck 3
Acc 115; AP 9; Enc 20kg; Fort 14; Will 21; Sneak 25; Sight 11

DT 50%, Recoil 5%, Magazine 20 rounds 5mm Pistol, Reload 2AP, STR 1, Range 6, 0.5kg
Shoot 3AP, 1 round ammo
3x 20 5mm Pistol Jacketed Bullet magazine, No Penetration, .45kg (0.15kg)

DT 45%, Recoil 10%, Magazine 20 rounds 5mm Rifle, Reload 2AP, STR 2, Range 15, 2.5kg
Shoot 4AP, 1 round ammo
3x 20 5mm Rifle Jacketed Bullet magazine, Penetration Type 1, .75kg (0.25kg)

Slash - 2 AP

2x Fragmentation Grenade
DT 80%, Explosion DT 35%, AP Type 2, Radius 2, Weight 4kg

Flash Light, 0.10kg

Total Weight Carried: 8.2

Special Abilities:

Biography:
Standing at about 5 feet fully grown, Jem was always small and quiet, which meant she would very often go unnoticed, for bad or good. During training she excelled as a scout and marksmen when compared to her peers, even if she wasn't the strongest trainee. Still, she would often be underestimated by her trainers because of how quiet she was and her small stature, making many believe that there was no chance of her being a competent soldier. Even if her trainers wouldn't recognize her skill, it was obvious that someone eventually would notice and she found herself being interviewed for a special campaign.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/album.php?albumid=133&pictureid=17357

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Brianna (Brea) Langray

Str: 4, Per: 3, End: 5, Cha: 2, Int: 4*, Agi: 3, Lck: 4

Acc: 100, AP: 8, Enc: 30kg [155kg], Fort: 33, Will: 34, Sneak: 15, Sight: 8

Starting Gear:
SAP - 5mm Semi-automatic Pistol
Shoot 3AP, 1 round ammo

3x 20 5mm Pistol Jacketed Bullet magazine, 0.45kg (0.15kg)

Shoot 4AP, 1 round ammo

3x 20 5mm Rifle Jacketed Bullet magazine, 0.75kg (0.25kg)

Family Guy - Fully Automatic Light Machine Gun
DT 45%, Recoil 15%, Drum 120 rounds 5mm Rifle, Reload 5AP, STR 5, Range 40, 6kg
Spray 7AP, 20 rounds ammo, two attack rolls

1x 120 round drum magazine weighs 2.00kg

Combat Knife - Can be used in one hand
DT 43%, STR 2, Weight 0.4kg
Slash - 2 AP
Note: 10% Accuracy Penalty due to low STR

Frag Grenade x1
DT 80%, Explosion DT 35%, AP Type 2, Radius 2, Weight 1kg (1kg)

Flash Light - 0.10kg
When activated provides illumination at a pointed area. Use the Aim action to illuminate dark areas and deny anything in the area the benefits of concealment from low-light conditions.

Special Abilities:
N/A

Backstory:
Brianna Langray was born different than most, and by different, she was a hermaphrodite. Brea was a pretty gorgeous redheaded herm, who stood about 5'6" tall, a perfect full bubble butt, she had fairly large DD-cup breasts, and a large foot long cock and large balls full of seed to spread.

Brea didn't really know why she'd been born like that, whether it was something to do with radiation that had hit her while inside of her mother's womb, or if she had just gotten lucky and hit that chance of it happening. All she knew though, was that ever since she was young, she had dreamed of doing great and amazing things. She had worked as a mercenary after coming of age, hunting down bounties and bringing them in. She had killed some from time to time, when the need arose, but she had mostly brought them in, doing whatever she had to just about in order do so. Brea's ability to capture her bounties without killing them was what had caught the attention of some folks, though of course, those bounties were small fry compared to what she was being interviewed for.

Character pic: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/album.php?albumid=699&pictureid=17020

Last edited:

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Name: Lauren Orphan, "Iron Blooded Orphan"
Str 5, Per 2, End 5, Cha 2, Int 2, *Agi 3, Lck 5
Acc 95, AP 8, Enc 35 [175], Fort 35, Will 31 Sneak 20, Sight 7

DT 40%, Recoil 5%, Magazine 20 rounds 5mm Pistol, Reload 2AP, STR 1, Range 6, 0.5kg
Shoot 3AP, 1 round ammo

DT 35%, Recoil 10%, Magazine 20 rounds 5mm Rifle, Reload 2AP, STR 2, Range 15, 2.5kg
Shoot 4AP, 1 round ammo

Slash - 2 AP

1x Fragmentation Grenade

Flash Light, 0.10kg

Special Abilities:

Appearance:

Biography: Lauren was born an orphan of war, her father murdered and mother defiled and abducted the alien threat, it was only by a sheer miracle that aliens had not discovered her in her hiding spot of the homes bomb shelter that fateful night. Lauren would later be found by a passing military band sent to survey the area for any survivors or alien scragglers. Along with a handful of other children found in the surrounding homes, Lauren was taken into a special orphanage funded and ran by the XXX division. At the orphanage, Lauren would be schooled and trained in military protocol, tactics, as well as her basic education. She would soon be adopted by a retired military colonel and his wife who had been unable to conceive children of their own. While she would never be scholarly, she had a natural aptitude and gift for athletics. She would excel in track and field, martial arts, and power lifting.

As her schooling would continue, her achievements in athletics as well her ROTC training and performance would draw the attention of prestigious schools from around the country. She would eventually graduate from highschool on the deans list, with solid grades and scholarships for athletics and military grants lined up for her. However, Lauren always knew that there was only one place she was meant to be, and one thing she was called to do, and that was on the front lines in the XXXzone and taking the fight to the aliens so what happened to her wouldn't happen to anyone else...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hali

Lurker
Reputation score

Hali Barnes, "Cat"
Str 5, Per 3, End 4, Cha*3, Int 4, Agi 2, Lck 5
Acc 100, AP 7, Enc 35 [170], Fort 30, Will 30, Sneak 10, Sight 8

Shoot 3AP, 1 round ammo

Shoot 4AP, 1 round ammo

Slash - 2 AP

1x Fragmentation Grenade

Flash Light, 0.10kg

Special Abilities:

Biography:

Last edited by a moderator: