What's new

ACT [幻奏黒夢館 / yomitim] 楽園魔城リピュアリア / RePure Aria Paradise (RJ102967)

Sitas

Reputation score
I'm about to make a new one but i don't know in which thread to post it.
"Games Under Construction" or in the main thread "Hentai Games"?

/e:
Does someone know what the tags mean?
The first one gets translated to "dot". What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Last edited:

Cryhteral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

/e:
It would be really helpful so if you do make it thank you in advance! :D

i think only Crowdfunded games should go to Games Under Construction, but that's only my thought after reading the mods pinned messages, so not 100% sure

for the tags i think
Genre

These are the ones used on the english dlsite for the first game.

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

/e:
Dot is synonymous with pixel, in this case used to indicate pixel art. For the rest of the tags google translate gives me monster girl, harem, transexual, orgy and animal/beast ears(?). Maybe. Those translations should probably be enough for now.

ArkHeat

Reputation score
So digging out this necro because I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to make an uncensored and more sophisticated, clean-looking translation for this game, so:

1. What game engine does this game actually use? I guessed Wolf RPG Editor, because it uses DXA-files and afaik DXExtract is made mainly for Wolf Games.
2. Does anyone know, what's the matter with the letter e in the event files? Seems like the dev of either the game or the engine thought, it would be a smart idea (which it wasn't) to use the letter e as a marker for ending a text-box, or something. Because of this, when you normally use the letter e most of the time (interestingly not always), the text box in-game bugs out and everything after the e is blank, so you have to use some other unicode character that looks like an e, but isn't a normal e (and not all unicode characters work). Did anyone find a workaround to this?
3. Does anyone know how the translator translated the menus? I figured out how to translate the dialogue text in-game, but the UI stuff seems to be somewhere else (apparently in the .exe file).

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So digging out this necro because I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to make an uncensored and more sophisticated, clean-looking translation for this game, so:

1. What game engine does this game actually use? I guessed Wolf RPG Editor, because it uses DXA-files and afaik DXExtract is made mainly for Wolf Games.
2. Does anyone know, what's the matter with the letter e in the event files? Seems like the dev of either the game or the engine thought, it would be a smart idea (which it wasn't) to use the letter e as a marker for ending a text-box, or something. Because of this, when you normally use the letter e most of the time (interestingly not always), the text box in-game bugs out and everything after the e is blank, so you have to use some other unicode character that looks like an e, but isn't a normal e (and not all unicode characters work). Did anyone find a workaround to this?
3. Does anyone know how the translator translated the menus? I figured out how to translate the dialogue text in-game, but the UI stuff seems to be somewhere else (apparently in the .exe file).
Did you get anywhere with this? I thought I might have a crack at translating some of the stuff that is left undone, if no one else is doing it.
It's certainly not Wolf RPG. I assume it's a custom engine.
The letter e is used as the linebreak indicator. That's not really a bad idea if you're never planning to use English letters; of course, it's a bit of a headache for translators. You can either never use the letter e (tough), use a capital E instead (looks awkward), type everything in capitals (looks shouty), use a lookalike character (the options are:
!"#$%&'()*+,-./
30123456789:;<=>?
4@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
5PQRSTUVWXYZ[¥]^_
6`abcdefghijklmno
7pqrstuvwxyz{|}
A
Bソ
C
D
not exactly ideal), or use a double width e (works fine, but means you have less space to actually translate things, which is troublesome). Or edit the game so it uses something else as a linebreak indicator, but that would mean altering every single line of text that uses that linebreak.
Looking back through the thread, the translator used a hex editor to change the exe file. I've had a go at doing the same thing, and it looks like it should work fine; provided I keep any translations exactly the same length as the original Japanese so as not to move things into the wrong area of memory.

So, quick poll: if I had a go at translating 1. The little text boxes that appear at the bottom during intercourse, 2. The untranslated monster descriptions in the menu, 3. The area descriptions from the menu and 4. The scene recollection/start descriptions, what should I do with the letter e?

Options:
1. Use a capital e. "Eh!? Did I slip insidE somEthing just now? You put it in!? You camE! You just camE, didn't you!?"
2. All caps. "EH!? DID I SLIP INSIDE SOMETHING JUST NOW? YOU PUT IT IN!? YOU CAME! YOU JUST CAME, DIDN'T YOU!?"
3. Lookalike kana. "Eh!? Did I slip insidセ somセthing just now? You put it in!? You camセ! You just camセ, didn't you!?"
4. Doublewidth e (Uses more space, so needs reworking to have smaller translations and is harder to manage). "Eh!? Did I slip inside some thing? You put it in!? You just came , didn't you!?"

Reputation score
I once contacted the translator about how the text works, and here's what they said:

"The secret is in the double byte. If you count out the spaces from the start, the normal e will trigger a newline on the Odd bytes. So "e_" will trigger a newline, while "_e" will not."

The double-width e makes the most sense to me. It looks a little awkward but it's not as awkward as the other options.

That would make it an absolute pain-in-the-ass to format the text though (I tried once, and didn't get very far). And it means that players can't ever use a character name containing "e" or it will inevitably break the text somewhere.

What I'd like to know is where the game stores the text files for the not-story text (the four categories mentioned above). I've looked around and haven't seen it.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Doublewidth e certainly looks best; the annoying thing is that it uses up more space, which is at a premium, since any translation needs to fill exactly the same number of bytes as the original Japanese text or it breaks the exe. It's hard enough sometimes anyway, as kanji can take up a lot less space than English text to say the same thing.

ArkHeat

Reputation score
Well, I just tried it, but double-width e doesn't work consistently either.
If you use the double width e on an even byte, you'll just get two dots displayed in the game, so you still gotta look out for that and translating the game without a live view of how your changes get displayed is absolute cancer.

I'm trying to figure out how to work with a hex editor. Maybe I can change the e-linebreak to something more unused, like the unicode symbol for newline ␤ . Problem is, I still have no clue how to work with a hex editor, since I've never done that, but I'll continue looking into it.

Reputation score
If you use the double width e on an even byte, you'll just get two dots displayed in the game, so you still gotta look out for that and translating the game without a live view of how your changes get displayed is absolute cancer.
Full agreement there. It's certainly possible but it is BEYOND tedious and time-consuming to do.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Okay, I have translated most of everything that needs a hex editor (all the text that appears at the bottom, scene and room descriptions, jukebox tunes, the bios of the monster girls and a bunch of other stuff here and there). Testing to make sure I haven't missed any. I've translated some of the scenes that weren't translated yet (7 sex scenes, 3 plain events (NPC text and so on) and 2 subevents). I'm going through playtesting now, then there's a few more scenes to do after that.

HK51

Reputation score
Here is cheat engine table (1.21 translated exe), if someone needs:
it has states, alignments, position, inventory, deck, equipped contracts, log, sex encounters log.

Attachments

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Okay, the below patch builds on the work by Kerriden and Anticor (I think? Possibly other people too, I just took it from the latest release I could find in this thread). It should have pretty much everything translated now, including the monster girl profiles, text that appears at the bottom during scenes, room descriptions in the map, credits, jukebox songs, character names in Memory dialogue, scene descriptions in the gallery, room names in the memory space, bits and bobs of menu items, skills and other items that hadn't been translated, status ailments, and the events and subevents that hadn't been translated yet. A few caveats; I edited the linespace based on four character names for the girl and boy. Other lengths should work, but might make the text look a bit uglier (like, linebreaks in the middle of words) where their names are used. Hacking the exe the way I did requires keeping everything the same length, so some things had to be truncated or abbreviated to fit (like Po for Poison, or H of BDF for House of Black Dream Fantasies).

There are a few events that I haven't touched because I couldn't find any way to trigger them in game. Not sure if that's because they were never implemented, or if I just don't know how to get to them. If you find one still in Japanese text, let me know, and I'll try to fix it.

I should probably mention how to use the patch; place the exe and the events folder in the base game file. Rename the event.dxa file in the base folder to something different, say, event.dxa.bk. Then use the new exe to run the game. This patch is based on the 1.21 version of the game, since that's what Anticor was working on. I think the only difference with 1.23 is a few bug fixes.

Attachments

Reputation score
Well, time to replay RepureAria, I guess.

I'd be interested to hear how you altered the .exe exactly.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well, time to replay RepureAria, I guess.

I'd be interested to hear how you altered the .exe exactly.
Opened the exe in a Hex editor, used a website that converts SJIS to Hex to convert the text I was looking for to a hex string, search for it, copy the output and surrounding text, use another website to change encoding back to SJIS, translate, then type up the new text directly into the hex editor overwriting the old, making sure each text string took exactly the same number of bytes before and after translation. Check for control characters; any e in an odd position I changed to doublewidth e, any in an even position I left alone. Special characters like the ones that call up character names need to start in an odd position too. There's probably a better way to do it, like maybe try and find the pointers to the text strings and point them to the end then expand the file with more space, but at least it works! Some of the text strings used e as the control character (like the messages that appear in text boxes) but some used an empty byte instead (like the profiles) so those were a bit easier.

Reputation score
Interesting.

Well, I've noticed a couple of odd line breaks here and there. I'm using four-character names, so maybe the resolution has something to do with it as well? Either way, not game-breaking.

My only quibble is that names are sometimes inconsistent. For example, the name of the country Sakura comes from: the story scenes use "Ryu Diavel", while the profiles call it "Lydia Bel". There are others I've noticed as well.

Still, it would be easy enough to change the story lines in the event folder. I don't think those files have to maintain byte size.

On the whole, excellent work!

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Interesting.

Well, I've noticed a couple of odd line breaks here and there. I'm using four-character names, so maybe the resolution has something to do with it as well? Either way, not game-breaking.

My only quibble is that names are sometimes inconsistent. For example, the name of the country Sakura comes from: the story scenes use "Ryu Diavel", while the profiles call it "Lydia Bel". There are others I've noticed as well.

Still, it would be easy enough to change the story lines in the event folder. I don't think those files have to maintain byte size.

On the whole, excellent work!
Yeah, I noticed that too. I hadn't checked all the events that had been translated previously, so there are a few errors like that. For instance, her profile says that the machine like boss was nicknamed after the Norse undead queen Hel, so her name must be meant as Helulu (Hel + Lulu), but she'd been translated as Heruru previously. I wasn't entirely sure if it should be Mill or Miru for the immortal girl. The water spirit is called Marinanene from the katakana, but she's also been translated as Marianne. Alma Kotto and her sister Ko Kotto; or Almacot and Kokotte? Kocot? It's a bit hard to tell from just the katakana. There are a few that I've changed; like, one of the abilities you can learn is "Graze Shift" and "Graze Hero". It must be graze, because it's to do with dodging bullets (like grazing in shmups). But it had been called Grey's or Gray's instead. One of the enemies is a doll made of Flesh; she should be a Flesh Dolly, but had in a few places been called Fresh Dolly. That kind of thing.

Event folders don't need to retain byte size, no, so long as every line before a line break e is an even number of bytes.

LArcEnL1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, found at least one untranslated bit...

I suspect it might be part of subevent2019, but I'm not sure.
If I remember correctly that is part of an event quite difficult to trigger. I myself tend to miss it often since, once you progress the story to a certain point, it can never be triggered again.
The fact that it also is the only bit ever remained untranslated give me nightmares at night.
That said, I'm really grateful for the updated translation.
About that, i noticed that the monster girls description often end mid-sentence. I suppose this is due some kind of limitation in the program but, just in case, I thought of report it.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
If I remember correctly that is part of an event quite difficult to trigger. I myself tend to miss it often since, once you progress the story to a certain point, it can never be triggered again.
The fact that it also is the only bit ever remained untranslated give me nightmares at night.
That said, I'm really grateful for the updated translation.
About that, i noticed that the monster girls description often end mid-sentence. I suppose this is due some kind of limitation in the program but, just in case, I thought of report it.
Are you making sure to check every page of the descriptions? There shouldn't be any that just cut off entirely, I don't think...