What's new

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

i dont but i think it will be a good game.

little question ;)

how many chapter will have ?

The translation is doing well ?

will heroine becam evill queen/empress/god?:)

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i dont but i think it will be a good game.

little question ;)

how many chapter will have ?

The translation is doing well ?

will heroine becam evill queen/empress/god?:)
It will have 5 chapters. In this game there is no problem for the translation, since it will be in english, and for the last question...who knows? We'll discorver by playing it! :D (but i don't think Aylia will become some kind of ruler...bogwort, on the other hand... :p )

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It will have 5 chapters. In this game there is no problem for the translation, since it will be in english, and for the last question...who knows? We'll discorver by playing it! :D (but i don't think Aylia will become some kind of ruler...bogwort, on the other hand... :p )
i think by translation he was refearing to other yummy's project

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Didnt Yummy sort of stated in late March Chapter 1 will be finished (again ;p) somewhere in mid-late April ?

I wonder if he is still so confident ;p

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i think by translation he was refearing to other yummy's project
Yeah, Hunter Quest, but this is not the correct thread (not trying to be arrogant or whatever :p ). Anyway, that translation (plus some new scenes done by yummy himself) will be released shortly after chapter 1. :)

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

My current understanding is that he's aiming to have chapter 1, chapter 2, and his translation project done by June. I believe he wants to have Chapter 1 out by the end of April, but that depends on his real-world job.

danryd

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The way I understand it, YT is going to have vastly more time to work on this now, due to a change over to a consulting position with his job. Judging from this, he will likely be able to keep up with his self-set soft deadlines quite well from here on out.

Basically, we have a sort of vague timeline now for this glorious endeavor.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The way I understand it, YT is going to have vastly more time to work on this now, due to a change over to a consulting position with his job. Judging from this, he will likely be able to keep up with his self-set soft deadlines quite well from here on out.

Basically, we have a sort of vague timeline now for this glorious endeavor.
That's right, right now he works part-time (don't know exactly, but i think he does 2 or 3 days a week). He aims to work full time on his games, but that's not going to happen until he can do a major update every 1 or 2 months.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My current understanding is that he's aiming to have chapter 1, chapter 2, and his translation project done by June. I believe he wants to have Chapter 1 out by the end of April, but that depends on his real-world job.
This is entirely correct. My overall goal is to have chapters 1 and 2 released by June 30th and the Hunter's Quest translation. That would allow me to have run 2 pledges and move to full time development. Right now, I am slaving away on chapter 1, and loving it.

THIS has been my first real week of part-time development. Last week was supposed to be, but then I got the stomach flu that literally killed 2 days of work. This week though is more of a measuring stick for how much I can get done. I'm still working through the kinks of setting my schedule and staying disciplined, but I've had more development time this week (about 20 hours) than almost the entire month of March (if that tells you anything about how little time I had). To say that progress should move faster now is an understatement.

To Angmir, between getting sick and my part time development getting delayed about 3 weeks, I'm not quite so confident as I was mid-March, but I'm not giving up yet. I've got 17 days and I actually get to work on Aylia's Story for most of those. I'd love to give everyone a wonderful April present. We'll see!

So, stay tuned!

P.S. I'd say Hunter's Quest is sitting around Mid-May now.

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

YT's great guy and all but even if he promised that the game is ready tomorrow I'd be a bit skeptic at this point given his history of release dates. :p

That's indie game development for ya though, it's a lot of work for one man to master art, writing, map design, quest design, sound design, coding, quality assurance and bug hunting.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

YT's great guy and all but even if he promised that the game is ready tomorrow I'd be a bit skeptic at this point given his history of release dates. :p

That's indie game development for ya though, it's a lot of work for one man to master art, writing, map design, quest design, sound design, coding, quality assurance and bug hunting.
Dunno if he ever made any release date promises in the past, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't made promises he couldn't keep "at this point" :p.
I wholeheartedly agree on the indie stuff :).

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Dunno if he ever made any release date promises in the past, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't made promises he couldn't keep "at this point" :p.
I'm not sure if there's been any exact dates but certainly a lot of "I figure the first chapter is done by X" where X has been as early as January 2015. I think the first demo was in December 2014.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You'd think that, wouldn't you. As I said above, "To Angmir, between getting sick and my part time development getting delayed about 3 weeks, I'm not quite so confident as I was mid-March, but I'm not giving up yet. I've got 17 days and I actually get to work on Aylia's Story for most of those. I'd love to give everyone a wonderful April present. We'll see!"

I lost a bunch of time (what's new), but working true part time is amazing. The amount I can get done is mind boggling. The April date was NOT a release date. It was a date I meant for Patreon to give them an idea on progress. I'll post a release date when the chapter is done and sent off to testing. I'm hoping that will be in April, we'll see.

@AExMachina: Not that it is much better, but the first release estimate was actually March 2015, not January :p. Still, not really that much to better, hehe. I've told my patrons, and I'm mentioned here. I'd like for people to evaluate YT Gaming on Chapter 2 and beyond. There was a lot for me to learn and based on my pledging method, I did not go part time until just recently, meaning, I had very limited time to work. Development going forward should be more indicative of how it will be. I hope to re-earn your trust.

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@AExMachina: Not that it is much better, but the first release estimate was actually March 2015, not January :p. Still, not really that much to better, hehe. I've told my patrons, and I'm mentioned here. I'd like for people to evaluate YT Gaming on Chapter 2 and beyond. There was a lot for me to learn and based on my pledging method, I did not go part time until just recently, meaning, I had very limited time to work. Development going forward should be more indicative of how it will be. I hope to re-earn your trust.
Can't speak of other people but after some initial "whyyyyyy it's not done yet!?" thoughts last year I've reached the "it's done when it's done" -zen and am no longer annoyed, irritated or compelled to rapidly spam F5 in Patreon or on any related message board.

It's been actually kinda interesting just to read all the posts you've made about developing the game, sort of reading a blog about the travails of an indie dev. I'll never make a game myself but it's a fascinating subject for me and all the detailed and forthright communication you've constantly kept going has an entertainment value of its own. Probably not as entertaining as playing Chapter 1 but still. ;)

So keep up the good work and all that jazz. The game is done when it's done. :)

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yeah I was a supporter from before the March 2015 date, and I've just kinda let the actual expectation of the game's release fade into the background. I mostly keep up with whatever the latest aspect of development is, instead of anxiously waiting for the game to play.

Though this may sound melancholy, it must be stated that any of this entertainment I've received from this has cost me an amazing 0$. So there's really not much to complain about there.

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

For me i waiting it just i like ask question maybe if i read all the topic i will have some answer but i am too lazy for doing that so ask question one by one.

By the way i say you what i think .

Personally i think the first chapter will be out in April (or in 1/3 may) but i don't think chapter 2 will be end by June and i prefer it out later for better finishing but maybe i will be wrong and it will be out in right date.Like the full game i know it very hard to make a game in time with a team so i can only imagine how hard it is for one person alone.In plus he made translation and that it very hard too.

But i think the game will be great so i waiting and other think how i can waiting it next few time i will be very busy so i do not sure i can play the out day.

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Don't worry it have 9 (8) day before may and since YT don't come say sory i am late probably it will be before the 5 may so very soon :) the only think it time to time i want to replay intro but since it maybe not compatible and can be improve i have to wait

By the way i want ask some little question
Intro is a part of chapter 1 ?
intro is like how many % of chapter 1?
Will have like for last soverain (the best story in rpg maker in english but aylia still have chance;) ) secret + or -hiding waltrought (not for first playing)
will you change your banner ?because it a false ad end in 2015 ......

heerogw

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello I wanted to know what version of the game it is ?
And I wanted to know at what level of Pledge ($1, $5, $10, $20,...) to have access to the game (other than the demo) ?
thanks

ps:Sorry for my English I'm not very strong (I m help a translator), I'm french.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

And I wanted to know at what level of Pledge ($1, $5, $10, $20,...) to have access to the game (other than the demo) ?
thanks

ps:Sorry for my English I'm not very strong (I m help a translator), I'm french.
Currently, there's only the demo, although YT has been hoping to get chapter 1 out by the end of the month. The game is free, YT has the patreon for people who wish to show their support (he deserves it in my opinion), and has it set up so he's only collecting when he publishes a major update.

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

thanks

The game will be released to the public when it is complete (4-5 chapters), if you want access to the individual chapters before the game is fully realeased you will have to pay a minimum of 10€/chapter. I also expect that he will be earning that fee :)