What's new

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you're already aware of this but I just want to reiterate it: Most of us are waiting for Aylia's story, and I don't think we would mind seeing the translation pushed back. I know that I personally would be rather disappointed if we received the translation first with Aylia's story being pushed back instead.

Either way, best of luck, I'm still checking every day! Hopefully I'll have a day or two off around the release date.
amen to that.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you're already aware of this but I just want to reiterate it: Most of us are waiting for Aylia's story, and I don't think we would mind seeing the translation pushed back. I know that I personally would be rather disappointed if we received the translation first with Aylia's story being pushed back instead.

Either way, best of luck, I'm still checking every day! Hopefully I'll have a day or two off around the release date.
Have to quote thswherizat on this. He's right, and I think a solid 90% of people lurking this thread would agree with this.

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I wouldn't mind having the translation to keep myself busy while I wait for chapter 1 :p

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I wouldn't mind having the translation to keep myself busy while I wait for chapter 1 :p
Have to quote VICIOUSWAFFEL on this. He's right, and I think a solid 90% of people lurking this thread would agree with this.
:p

Jokes aside, the whole discussion is kinda ... missing the mark.
If you'd read Yummys last Statement on Patreon, (i'll quote it, for the lazy:

Because I've been burning around 8-9 hours a day on Aylia's Story, I've been shifting to Hunter's Quest in the evenings. Otherwise, I might go crazy. So, both projects are nearing release.
)

you would have probably not started this discussion, since the option "focus on one" is simply not existing in a way you imagine it to.

Chartog

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's weird, the longer they game gets delayed (hear me out, not complaining!), the more I plan to channel my frustration into Aylia herself. "Oh, you're not releasing this week?, that's fine I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure you are groped/prodded/taken advantage of by all kinds of horny monsters!"

At this stage, I don't have very high hopes for Aylia's purity by the time chapter 1 is done!
:D I feel the same way. Since I've been waiting for Chapter 1 from the first play of the prologue, I believe it was Christmas of 2014. Aylia will be getting many rough chapter 1 play throughs.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

you would have probably not started this discussion, since the option "focus on one" is simply not existing in a way you imagine it to.
I was quoting YT stating specifically that we would "get one of them in May" and I was pointing out that as fun as the Hunters Quest translation may be, we're mostly here for Aylia's story. I wasn't commenting on the fact that he should be working more on one or the other, just that I (and I think many others) would rather see Aylia's story this month and Hunters' postponed rather than vise versa.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I get that. Monday, I evaluated things and Hunter's Quest was probably 2, maybe three days of work from being ready. Aylia's Story was more. Given the fact that I only have 2 work days this week, I decided to just get Hunter's Quest done and released. I refuse to let May end without releasing SOMETHING. People pledged money, I won't have this month pass without YT Gaming releasing something.

I know that some people will be disappointed, and that sucks a bit. It sucks to have poured a couple hundred hours into something to release it and disappoint people :(. I understand it, but I do hope people just give it a try and enjoy the game for what it is. I've made loads of improvements, and I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised by how good Hunter's Quest is. It is short and linear, yes, but still enjoyable.

As for Aylia's Story. Nobody is ever more disappointed than me when it doesn't get released. Believe me. I shoulder the disappointment of 1,000+ people and feel as though I let each and every one down every time I miss a release date. I wish I was more disciplined, worked harder, had fewer responsibilities. There have been many times over the past year where I've let my computer gaming addiction eat up the vast majority of my spare time and Aylia's Story has stalled. Damn you Witcher 3, damn you HEX, damn you Nutaku games, Damn you Fallout 4, I could go on.

One thing I will say. EVERY TIME Aylia's Story has missed a release date, the final product has gotten better in some way. Initially, Chapter 1 was planned to be about 1/4 of the content it is now. It had 3-4 monsters lined up, about 5 new maps, and 2 main quest lines with 5-6 side quests. Chapter 1 is now 4 multi-stage quests, 14 new maps, 10+ side quests, multiple mini events (some with CGs), a night system, pride related standing portraits and sex appeal skills, a completely designed experience/stat system, etc. It is a massive undertaking, and while I do sometimes regret letting it become so big when I'm developing, when I play it, I don't regret a thing. Like Virgin Island for many, I think Aylia's Story will ultimately be one of those h-games that people play for years. Of course, I have to actually release it for that to happen.

Anyways, long-winded reply done. Just don't be too disappointed. Instead, be happy that YT Gaming is finally getting something done, instead of just promising and failing to deliver. Aylia's Story will be coming shortly after. I just refuse to not deliver something this month.

deem

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I think personally that we all want the game to have so much content that we play for long hours getting it all and that the story happens to be cautivating, and this being just one part of 5, if it takes time and is a great product with invested time and care from its maker, nobody minds how long it takes, take your time and most importantly released for free, it would be sad that something that intents to be so good reaches the oceans yar yar :D
Dont jeopardize your health for a release date it helps no one

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sorry if this has be addressed but is Hunters Quest translation finished, and if so is it only available to patreon backers? Also I finally got around to playing Aylia's Story and it's brilliant. Really looking forward to the complete work.

Last edited:

cuddlybastard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I think you stand to lose credibility if you don't release anything after running a pledged update. Hunter's story will give us something to do while you finish Aylia's Story at least. Some people will be disappointed for a bit, but once the game is released I'm sure it won't matter so much.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think personally that we all want the game to have so much content that we play for long hours getting it all and that the story happens to be cautivating, and this being just one part of 5, if it takes time and is a great product with invested time and care from its maker, nobody minds how long it takes, take your time and most importantly released for free, it would be sad that something that intents to be so good reaches the oceans yar yar :D
Dont jeopardize your health for a release date it helps no one

while im a little sad that aylias story isnt coming this month, just like the others, youre still one of the best devs around, and i think you can postpone it as long as you want. reason is, as alawys, your patreon stance. all your patrons wont lose anything, so even tho some of them are kinda mad right now, theyll calm down soon enough. cause you know, your game still looks like the best around here.

even tho it sounds kinda pathetic, i still believe in you and your way of working.
and its not really hard to do so, i'll tell you that :p

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I almost think not releasing anything this month would be better than releasing Hunter's Quest. It's hard to say though, releasing Hunter's Quest before Aylia's Story will leave a lot of people frustrated, making your work on translating it not as valuable in the eyes of the consumers. Which sucks, because it seems like it has been a project that has gone on for a while. I think it deserves more praise than it will get releasing it before Aylia's Story.

But releasing nothing is equally as bad, because I think a lot of supporters of H-game makers on patreon are getting really annoyed at being jacked around by so many devs. There are a lot of people who will probably feel like nothing has been released anyway though, especially if they aren't interested at all in HQ. So instead of HQ being a cool additional release to Aylia's Story this month, it'll end up like the booby prize, which shouldn't be the case.

Personally, I've looked into HQ and it seems like it will be enjoyable translated. And honestly, the delays and push backs seem like they're going on forever if nothing is released yet again. I just really hope Aylia's story doesn't have a new deadline by "end of June" because I'm afraid the exact same thing will happen again at the end of the month, with yet another delay. It's what I'm being taught to expect at this point.

Last edited:

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You should post it on Patreon, Yummy and ask there what patrons think about it. I mean, you don't have to do what they say but I think they have at least the chance to say if they prefer ch.1 before or after HQ. If ch.1 is not going to come out this month, maybe they still prefer to see it before HQ. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

BlockHead

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As a patron myself I can see where people are coming from, but I can also see that real life is there and it does mess with plans. I know that YT is a family man so he does have to divide time between working his actual job, working as YT and enjoying his family. Even though I've pledged and won't get the game this month I don't mind.

The communication is there, but ultimately for me the trust is there, and I can't say that for a lot of devs. I trust YT is busting his balls to get stuff done.

Anyway... long story short. YT don't beat yourself up too much, bro.

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd be more than happy with the HQ translation. We haven't had a proper translation here since... m1zuki left I think? It's been a while, and the game looks cool.

Your work on the game won't go unnoticed, don't worry

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Fuck credibility. Fuck deadlines. It's your game, and the moment you'll fail is when YOU will be unhappy with the game you've released. You're not a big company who'll lose their sales if they won't keep people happy. The only thing you can lose are people who are getting the stuff for free, so who cares? If they don't want it, they're free to fuck off.

You are working for countless hours, while people are sitting on their asses doing nothing and complaining about the development time and your work choices. Peeps on patreon knew that the pledge was mostly for Hunter's Quest, if somebody didn't want it, they could have declined the payment. If they paid for it, they knew that the translation is also being worked on, and they have no right to complain about which you choose to release first.

Please don't be too hard on yourself YT, apart from being a game dev you're also a human. You're free to spend some time with your family, to play some games that you like etc, and there's nothing wrong about that. Everyone can find something to do while they wait for your game, and if they can't, they should focus on fixing their lives instead of playing H-games.

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Please don't be too hard on yourself YT, apart from being a game dev you're also a human. You're free to spend some time with your family, to play some games that you like etc, and there's nothing wrong about that. Everyone can find something to do while they wait for your game, and if they can't, they should focus on fixing their lives instead of playing H-games.
I'd really just like to second this sentiment. No one should make you feel bad for taking some time for yourself; you are a human being, not a work robot. I know a bit of empathy and compassion is a bit too much to ask for on the internet, but really, having to wait an extra week or two is hardly the end of the world.

It is clear you set high standards for yourself, and that is why the game has been so good so far. As a paying patron, I'd much rather wait for the version you are happy with, not one rushed out the door due to pressure to release. If people disagree, I'm sure they can go and play one of the plethora of indie h-dev games already out there made by people with much lower standards.

tillerman123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm certainly looking forward to Hunter's Quest. Feels like my well of English-translated H-games has run dry lately, so this one has a nice void to fill.

Zairus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fuck credibility. Fuck deadlines. It's your game, and the moment you'll fail is when YOU will be unhappy with the game you've released. You're not a big company who'll lose their sales if they won't keep people happy. The only thing you can lose are people who are getting the stuff for free, so who cares? If they don't want it, they're free to fuck off.

You are working for countless hours, while people are sitting on their asses doing nothing and complaining about the development time and your work choices. Peeps on patreon knew that the pledge was mostly for Hunter's Quest, if somebody didn't want it, they could have declined the payment. If they paid for it, they knew that the translation is also being worked on, and they have no right to complain about which you choose to release first.

So people who pledge money to support the developer, don't even have right to complain? Man you know, you just saying fuck everybody, just do what you want, but he's the developer and he have some obligation before people, so that doesn't work like that, why people should give money with that kind of policy, i want to believe atleast YT himself does't think like you do.
P.S. sorry fo my bad english.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So people who pledge money to support the developer, don't even have right to complain? Man you know, you just saying fuck everybody, just do what you want, but he's the developer and he have some obligation before people, so that doesn't work like that, why people should give money with that kind of policy, i want to believe atleast YT himself does't think like you do.
P.S. sorry fo my bad english.
i dont think its about the RIGHT to complain. More of a appeal to Yummy, to not take all these complaints very seriously, since all the patrons have to do is wait a couple more days.