What's new

SIM Zankuro E.C.M CG Viewer

Aesthetic

Reputation score
So I commissioned a certain programmer to make a CG viewer and am sharing it all with you guys. You won't guess who <_<; (Go give him a thank you if you know who I'm talkin about)
Since Zankuro's early E.C.M games do not work anymore because of reasons, and Zankuro hasn't gone back and updated his old animations I thought it made sense to make them work again. I'm told it's because of new security restrictions placed on both Flash and the popular browsers.

ecm1.png
I wanted to include ECM 4 as well, but... that game's an exe not a flash. Apparently we'd need Sothink SWF Decompiler or some other program that properly converts that EXE to an SWF to work. None of the free programs work, so we've given up on that. If anyone can share the SWF files for that game I wouldn't mind adding it to the Viewer. ECM 5 obviously has no issue so there's no need to include it... and it's also an EXE.

Now with that out of the way, here you go.

Download:
How to Use: Open main.html

Some caviats. It'll run natively in chrome w/o issue. In Firefox though you need to allow SWF files to appear locally.
Firefox Caviat:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste plug*ht and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the plugins.http_https_only preference to switch the value from true to false

Also Mods... I have no clue where to put this kind of topic? I'm sorry if it's in the wrong location T_T

Last edited:

Mud

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Nice work putting this together. Animation #8 seems to be missing from ECM 1, though!

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Nice work putting this together. Animation #8 seems to be missing from ECM 1, though!
Hmmm... just checked and it's all there.
If you have the swf file somewhere on your PC, move it into the flash/ECM1 directory and the browser should handle it.

EDIT: Also, I'm not the one who made it XD
I got a certain programmer on this website to make it.

Mud

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Yeah, I figured out I could use the old one on my own before posting that, but I just redownloaded the thing to double check and #8's certainly missing:

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Yeah, I figured out I could use the old one on my own before posting that, but I just redownloaded the thing to double check and #8's certainly missing:
Wow dropbox... such bad. I'll reupload it.

Last edited:

AWACS Thunderhead

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Damn, ECM 4 isn't working again? Why's it always gotta be the best one that never works...well, I just have to hope somebody around here has the extracted SWF files.

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Damn, ECM 4 isn't working again? Why's it always gotta be the best one that never works...well, I just have to hope somebody around here has the extracted SWF files.
Yeah. It honestly feels like it's gone for good this time tbh. Unless someone messages Zankuro :/

Mick2000

Reputation score
dammit, when i see this thread i really have high hope about it. this kind of letdown.
i already have complete ECM1-3 worked properly... except 4 ofc, i still have the file but it's .exe file. and from what i know it doesn't work because something about new flash version can't run it, only certain old version can.
for some reason, only ECM4 in .exe file, other i have are in .swf. those anyone here capable to extract .exe?

Last edited:
OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
dammit, when i see this thread i really have high hope about it. this kind of letdown.
i already have complete ECM1-3 worked properly... except 4 ofc, i still have the file but it's .exe file. and from what i know it doesn't work because something about new flash version can't run it, only certain old version can.
for some reason, only ECM4 in .exe file, other i have are in .swf. those anyone here capable to extract .exe?
How did you make ECM1-3 work properly?

Mick2000

Reputation score
How did you make ECM1-3 work properly?
i think my word make a little misunderstanding little bit...
i already have ECM1-3 long ago, and it's in .swf. i only need to open the index.html file. also the file kinda broken or something i don't know, but it seems that it can't be open in chrome or edge, but i managed to work it in explorer... don't ask me, it just worked.
except 4, like i said it's in .exe and it's not running

nyoronyoro

Reputation score
Here's E.C.M.4 .swf files. Think I grabbed it from sadpanda. Unsure what version of the game it was but it was working on an old machine with any Flash below version 20.0.0.228. Incidentally the only one I couldn't get working (having to open each .swf individually) was the first game.

More or less a PSA but v1.1x of the fifth game has additional scenes.

edit: Rehosted because zankuro is pretty heavy with the DMCA. If link goes down there's always sanic and I believe some spanish blog site also has links. Hopefully it gets added to the OP viewer so you don't have to hunt down links.

Last edited:

Mick2000

Reputation score
Here's E.C.M.4 .swf files. Think I grabbed it from sadpanda. Unsure what version but it was working on an old machine with Flash 20 something.

Haven't grabbed the OP file yet but v1.1x of E.C.M.5 has additional scenes.
....JESUS F CHRIST DUDE.
i've been looking for 4th one like ages. find one is easy but one that worked is like hell. can't thank you enough for this ancient gold
just in case people wonder which flash working, i say i don't know but somehow i manage to make it work by open it in win.explorer

Last edited:
OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Here's E.C.M.4 .swf files. Think I grabbed it from sadpanda. Unsure what version but it was working on an old machine with Flash 20 something.

edit: Rehosted because zankuro is pretty heavy with the DMCA. If link goes down there's always sanic and I believe some spanish blog site also has links. Hopefully it gets added to the OP viewer so you don't have to hunt down links.
HERE COMES THE MVP!

Jason Bill

Reputation score
Here's E.C.M.4 .swf files. Think I grabbed it from sadpanda. Unsure what version of the game it was but it was working on an old machine with any Flash below version 20.0.0.228. Incidentally the only one I couldn't get working (having to open each .swf individually) was the first game.

Damn, I missed it. Link is down. 4 was the only one I was never able to actually see/get working back ages ago when it was newer.
@nyoronyoro Real awesome work providing it in the first place.

Last edited:

derpydonkey

Reputation score
Wow! This is fantastic, it's so nice having everything nicely indexed into one place with the appropriate background music playing as well. Thank you to you and the coder :)

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Dude's been completely silent for all of 2018.
On his blog, the last post was in 2017