What's new

Zoo scouting party [Melissa, Jenn, Mina]

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Zoo scouting party [Melissa, Jenn, Mina]

"Maybe see if he dropped his radio - then we can take it back to the Inn and try talking to whomever's on the other end."

Melissa finishes setting up their own radio, and starts talking.

"Melissa here, you there? Over." She waits for the helicopter pilot to respond before going on with her report. "Okay, so this part of the zoo seems to center around a building - call it Administration, we haven't been inside it yet. When we decided to go north last time I called in, it was on the east side of Administration. We found a kind of lake, that turned out to have an octopus monster hiding in it - we frightened that off, but it might come back. Continuing north from there, we found a locked door leading northwards to what we think is the zoo aquarium - that door needs a special key.

"Going west, we ran into a trio of... call 'em hyenas, they were... really disgusting - their heads split open like blooming flowers... ah, um, there was a double door leading southwards into Administration there which we didn't check. Continuing west, we found another locked door leading northwards, we think into the zoo arboretum.

"South didn't reveal much of anything till we got to the southwest corner of Administration - we ended up chasing a man through the west gate and into a warehouse area. He barricaded himself inside the warehouse, but there's a truck with some ordinary-looking stuff he'd been examining. We're going to check that out before we try and get inside the warehouse he's hiding in.

"Pass that on to the Director and tell me if she's got any requests or comments, please. Over."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn continues on to the van, hoping to find his radio anything else interesting or useful he might have had.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The three girls didn't find anything unusual about the zoo van, mostly empty mind for a large cage meant for holding a large animal.

The pilot suddenly responded to the girls after some time, sounding distressed, "Jesus, the Director's flipping out after you mentioned a guy there, just- HEY!" he shouted, as the Director herself seemed to take over on the other side.

"If that man was a young boy with a pony tail, you need to secure him immediately!" she demanded in an urgent tone, "I'll explain everything later, but ensuring that boy's safety should be your top priority, do you understand me!?!" she shouted at Melissa through the radio.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well... she seemed a little bit panicky. I guess we leave his stuff for on our way back. Tell her we're going already... we'll have to brave the sewers."

(Honestly we'll probably be fine against tentacles unless we get unlucky. Jenn's met them twice before and while she didn't stick around to kill them, she did seem pretty effective against them when she had to fight. Just have to hope I'm luckier with dodges then against the octopus)

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa is abruptly glad she's on the other end of a radio link from the Director. At least here she can lean back from the shouting and keep her hearing...

"He did indeed have a pony tail... and he was young, younger than me... but I dunno whether we'll have much luck with keeping him safe! He called us 'cock-wielding freaks' and pulled out a machete when we first approached him... and then, um, Mina got a little, um, reckless - and he ran into a building and barricaded himself in. Um, over."

She looks helplessly over at Mina.

"What the hell am I supposed to say to her!? 'We can't keep him safe because one of us goes into a trance on seeing him and will rape him silly'?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Melissa, Jenn, Mina:

The Director shouted at Melissa angrily, "Stop talking and get a move on, you fool! Time is not a luxury you have right now!" she declares, angry at Melissa.

Mina, detecting the urgency of the situation, shakes her head, "I'll try to hold it back, but it sounds like this guy might be in trouble... We've gotta help him, whether he likes it or not!" she declares, not waiting for Jenn and Mellissa, as she darts for the path of stairs leading back down to the warehouse, looking about to leap down into the sewer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aya:

As Joseph searches the cameras in the entire zoo, using his handy little gadget he got from Katey to power it, he smiles at what he sees, "Yes... I found her..."

He happily grabs his sword, checking it in it's sheath, "All I have to do is kill her now... He, he, he!" he chuckled, but suddenly turned when he heard sounds of liquid coming from the east, from the large maze of cages, the top, wooden parts of them hiding Aya's white hair. He stood motionless, as if to hide himself, unaware of Aya's eyes looking directly at him...

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"All right, we're going! Melissa out!"

Melissa doesn't bother picking up the radio. Either they'll be outside again in short order, or somebody will have to come pick up their remains. Concentrating as she follows Jenn and Mina down into the sewer channel, she tries to sight the man with her inner eye...

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

(( Things were a bit vague so if Aya wasn't in direct line to fire at the boy tell me so I can edit this. ))

Aya only looked at the young man with the pony tail for a moment before taking action. She didn't pay mind to where she was or what was going on, she only focused on the man in front of her. Without thinking much, acting on her want to kill this person after hearing what the goddess said, she aimed her 9mm handgun at him. Her weapon pointed at the boy Aya aimed and fired, her gun directed at his chest area.

* Aimed shot. *

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn follows Mina toward the sewers, not wanting the party to get spread out over too large an area, and remembering the Director's urgency...

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Fer the sake of such, the group brings their stuff with em, as the water channel only goes up to their knees, not putting their gear in danger. So, the radio's still wit ya. ;) )

As Aya raises her gun, the man (Joseph) somehow knew she was there, and ducked under the stone railing along the sides of the upper level he was on with seemingly inhuman speed, using it as cover as Aya hears him laugh at her, taunting her, "Why can't you freaks just fuck off!?!" he shouts, "Just wait till I show you who you're fucking with!"

Aya hears something like a clink, and sees something fly into the air above the man. She hears a loud "BANG", and found that a flashbang had been used on her, blinding her, and making her ears ring for quite some time. When she had recovered, she found that the man had escaped through the door on the north side while she was stunned...

Aya also hears vague sounds coming from somewhere behind her, either monsters, or people, she didn't know, but something was behind her, and the man was trying to escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Following Mina, Jenn and Melissa climb through the opening, worming through it like a vent, and eventually find themselves inside some kind of storage room for cages which they used for keeping and transporting the zoo animals safely, the whole room was littered with large cages, larger than where they stood, and seemed meant for carrying large lions, lain about in the room in such a way that they formed a simple maze leading up to some kind of stairs leading up to the north west side of the room, where a door going north, and various, now unpowered computers lie.

Upon climbing up, Jenn and Melissa seemed to see Mina looking to the middle of the room, regarding something strangely...

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As she climbs out of the water, Jenn draws her sword, not sure how to interpret Mina's expression.

"What is it? Melissa, do you 'see' anything?"

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

(I assumed the radio was significantly larger than a walkie-talkie, and needed setup and takedown before it could be used. OK, if you say so.)

Already a bit on edge from the Director's yelling, the bang that comes as they're squeezing through the hole makes Melissa jump. So seeing Mina eyeing something after they enter the warehouse is even more worrisome.

"I-I don't see anything, just yet... Mina? What is it?"

Melissa scans the area, rifle tracking her sightline, while she waits for a reply.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Nah, it's a hand held device, which is why the Director so easily placed it on the table from under the desk, it only weighs a pound. )

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

Aya felt a bit dazed and confused after the flash bang, her eyes tearing up a bit and her ears ringing as she fell down onto her knee's, gritting her teeth in pain. Recovering from the eye burning and ear ringing sensation that the man had caused Aya wiped her eyes off as she took a deep breath, feeling herself calmed down now instead of angry and violent, her mind was clearer now. Upon looking at the details of the big room she saw in a bit and recollecting herself and slowly shook her head as she began to walk north to try and pursue the man

Aya stopped dead in her tracks when she heard sounds behind her. She couldn't tell what was causing the noises, perhaps it was monsters about to attack her! Aya quickly turned around and attempted to see what was causing the sounds, her 9mm gun not pointed in the direction.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Be sure to activate Aya's shield before she's attacked, or the battle might be over sooner than ya think. >.> )

In one split second, everyone in the room suddenly identified each other. Aya noticed the three emerging from some kind of hole, and the group of three became aware of Aya as Mina shouted, "I-It's that woman!" she shouted, "The one the Director talked about! It's her!"

With that, Mina took on an offensive stance. Although uncertain, she seemed ready to attack Aya...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running out of the storage area, Joseph was in the observatory of the stage area, where they would have a lion come out of a hole to perform. He quickly made his way to the ladder leading down to where the audience would sit below, sliding down and hitting the gravel hard.

He looked around for a second, and saw a door leading to the north west, towards his destination. He smiled in success, looking up at the observatory, through the windows, seeing that the woman wasn't following him, "Heh, that flash bang worked better than I thought! But, I don't have much time before she starts coming after me again, I've got to hurry!"

With that, he darted for the door...

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What, the woman in white? Here?"

Jenn runs up to beside Mina where she can see the woman, and notices right away that something doesn't seem quite right. She didn't get much time to stare at the goddess before the lights went out, but this woman... didn't seem to be her.

"I... don't think this is her. I mean, she's a woman in white, but not the woman in white."

Jenn calls out to the girl more loudly.

"Who are you? What are you doing in here?"

(Edit: muahahaha I went first!)

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

(( Is Mina naked? ))

Aya felt a bit of confusion when the three women emerged from the odd hole. When one of them shouted about her being the "One" someone who went by " The director" talked about Aya felt more confusion. Who were these woman? Who was the director? Feeling threatened and confused Aya took a slow step back as she kept her eyes on the three lady's.

Her voice confused and suspicious Aya spoke to the three as her eyes met with Mina's who seemed... Different from the other two.
" Who are you three? What do you want with me..? "

As the girl waited for a reply Aya, still feeling threatened, started to focus and began to create a barrier. When the red haired woman began to question her and mention a woman in white Aya felt the threat of being attacked get greater. She kept silent or the moment and didn't answer...
* Aya creates a 100 point barrier *

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

(Awww... did ya HAVE ta tell BurntToast ta put da Divine Shield up afore we started shooting? I'd been hoping he wouldn't...:D)

Melissa drops to one knee, leveling her rifle at the near-monochromatic woman in front of them.

"WE'RE here to find out what YOU'RE doing. So... why ARE you here? Why did YOU mutate all the animals?"

She's ready to put a round through the woman's chest at the first sign of an attack.

(Everybody's dressed.)

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

(( You know Dematt, I'm not an idiot. I would of had Aya put the shield up if Raptor hadn't of said anything. ))

Her confusion only slightly growing at the mention of mutated animals Aya spoke, her voice showing her confusion at the blue haired woman's statement.

" Mutate animals? What..? "

All Aya knew was she was here to drain or kill that boy who had thrown that flash bang at her. These woman seemed like a threat, if they made a move against her she would have to drain them.

Her voice now a bit annoyed Aya replied to the woman.
" I don't have to tell any of you anything. "

Feeling her barrier about up Aya wondered if she should just run for it instead of fighting all three of these woman. Aya was quick, she might be able to make it without problems.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Is the shield visible?)