Re: 赤ずきんちゃんと不思議な洞窟

Ver 3.21 is out

OP
Mikufanboy

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Game updated again to 3.53, new area. No idea how to reach it since I'm still stuck after you beat the mushroom cave and have to fight that giant caterpillar boss...

Last edited:

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Game updated again to 3.53, new area. No idea how to reach it since I'm still stuck after you beat the mushroom cave and have to fight that giant caterpillar boss...
Well, that was out of nowhere.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh crap... I completely forgot about this game when I bought my new rig...
I was pretty far too, now I have to replay everything from scratch... ugh :|

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Here's my save(s).
Its save #17, just got lazy and copied all.

You get to the new content by:
going to the left of the map
go into the well, just above
go inside the first cave you come into.

The previous content of the spiders are on the ladder in that same well

EDIT:
There seems to be a new content over in your house as well.
And wow, did things get dark.

EDIT: Aaaaand my feelings just got hit by a grenade.
Give me back my feels....

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Hummm, I'm feeling nostalgic, so I guess I'll just start this gem over from scratch.

Glyce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I've been keeping an eye on this game for some time due to the artist, though I've avoided playing RPGs due to the amount of reading they require (or the equivalent amount of guessing). After reading through the posts here and stumbling my way along the game, I need help:

• At the shop with the skeleton standing by the counter, the shopkeep wants 10 of something from me but I don't know what it is.
  • I can't find the feather thing to craft black powder, or whatever's needed to thaw out that one room with the campfire in the ice cave.

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh... is it me or did the scenes got redrawn? I don't remember the animations being so fluid o_O

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh... I think my game's bugged.
I just reached the mushroom area and watched the teleportation scene. I went back to the same area and I keep getting the same scene over and over...
Am I missing something here?!

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Huh... I think my game's bugged.
I just reached the mushroom area and watched the teleportation scene. I went back to the same area and I keep getting the same scene over and over...
Am I missing something here?!
Teleportation scene... I just recently arrived in the darkened matango area, and the first time you get the ability to teleport should be there... If I'm right, your next step should be getting a lantern from the black mushroom blacksmith in the B2F restaurant...

Though if you already got the lantern and kept getting the teleportation scene then I dunno.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Teleportation scene... I just recently arrived in the darkened matango area, and the first time you get the ability to teleport should be there... If I'm right, your next step should be getting a lantern from the black mushroom blacksmith in the B2F restaurant...

Though if you already got the lantern and kept getting the teleportation scene then I dunno.
Haaa yes, that was it!
I have completely forgotten what I needed to do there.
Lol I had talked to everyone except that mushroom -.-

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok.. I've just reached the worm boss and this is where I stopped playing the game, because I couldn't freaking win that battle...
How do you beat the worm boss? He does a skill that instakills any character the next turn...
I know the mc has an ability to stun the enemies, but it has a really ridiculous fail probability.
Need help on this one.

Edit* Oh right... and when it reaches about 30% of HP heals back around 3400 HP and gains super agility and every attack from there on is multi-target and massive damage...

Last edited:

Anedepami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you have your equipment upgraded? I think the stats it gives makes a big difference. Also, make sure you unlock and equip the right equipment for the right boss. (Bottom right of hub area, talk to the purple-haired succubus, then gather the correct ingredients).

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'd help out, but I most likely haven't even gotten there. The only bosses I know of after the queen matango are the giant armored pillbug, the twin spiders and the dreamworld Pandora.

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Caught up again with the latest version and this game is seriously becoming one of my favorites, it's progressing in the right direction with the separation of main story and Pandora (Cynthia/Anemone). Dat boss theme "Owari ni nokorumono" (Remains at the end?)

Can't wait to see what will happen next, would be nice to recruit
Anemone as a playable character, because Ricotta is giving off final boss vibes

It's been very long since I played the content before the current update, so it's hard to help people here, but here are some advices...
-equipment and levels matter A LOT. The Pandora boss has been oneshotting lv7 Tyrol with lv6 Kitsune outfit. When she became lv8 with lv8 Kitsune and the blue trap stone (+50 physical/magical defense, from bunny's crafting), she was pretty easily surviving 2 hits in phase 2.
-do the optional sidequest, enter Pandora asap and unlock the equipment from it. I don't know what the earliest entry time is as of the current update.
Save the girl in the forest, enter her dream world
-get a bunch of good healing items. Ricotta's crafting/shop can give you sandwiches that heal 90% hp to a single member or 60% hp to full party or 50% sp to full party.
-If you screwed up your equip upgrades, you can recover all weapon/armor upgrade items from bunny's party menu. Focus on upgrading your prefered equip.
-Equip Tyrol's Uneune medal (from tentacle likelike enemies), it's a very powerful attack that hits everyone.
-Try not to waste the EX-Bar. When you fill it, you can activate Extra-Mode for 3 turns. Activating it fully heals the character, unlocks extra skills and I think also greatly boosts her stats?
-Ricotta has a very useful equip item in the ring slot that lets her touch herself in combat and recover EX. That means she can quickly enter Extra-Mode to recover SP and then give her SP to other characters, heal them or deal magic damage.

Quick "translation" of the Party menu...
1. Teleport (sorted by story progress, IIRC)
2. Monster Encyclopedia
3. Group members
(Pochi, Rabbit, Ricotta, Done)
4. Bunny's shop
5. Ricotta's shop

4a. Craft equip
4b. Buy upgrade ingredients
4c. Upgrade equipped weapon
4d. Upgrade equipped armor
4e. Downgrade (Weapon, Armor)
4g. Listen to her stories? (dunno what these do)
4h. Talk to the Bunny

5a. Cook sandwiches
5b. Buy sandwiches
5c. Buy ingredients
5g. Where to find ingredients
5h. Talk to Ricotta

....how do you pronounce the Bunny girl's name anyways? Ash Bunny, Haiusagi? >_>

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Apparently the pronounciation of the bunnygirl's name is Haiusa, IIRC. It's in her introductory dialogue.

And yeah, equipment and items matter a *ton*. This is especially true since you gain levels via story progression, so the only way to fight better in RPG-battles are equipment, items and tactics. Being able to mostly-freely degrade and upgrade equipment helps (there *is* a fee for degrading, but it's chump change).

Personally I kept on the insect medal on Tyrol, because the starting lethal-weapon-basket has annoying accuracy/speed demerits. Other medals have their own merits too, admittedly.

Haiusa's information shop is essentially the game's infodump. There's quite a bit of information there, but most are probably kinda useless for non-JP speakers who don't run a machine translator, aside from the ones that are necessary to trigger for story progression (the rock pick).

Also, teleport locations are tied to green magic circles, the ones you can set a return point to. Which effectively means game progress, in a sense.

Some combat tips as far as I can tell - some of this is probably common knowledge.

The Rock Pick and Stone Crusher skills become especially useful as far as I can tell - not only do they do hefty amounts of physical damage, they also debuff the enemy's DEF and ATK stats, respectively. The former is particularly invaluable for physically tough foes. Magic Lantern is also useful for that boost in magic defense.

Haiusa has a 8SP defensive wall ability that reduces damage taken by half for the turn, and her Extra Mode comes with a 5SP party invulnerability ability. Both are good. Her other 5SP skills are 'stances' that either double her offense or allow her to counterattack physical hits, they don't take up her turn so switch depending on circumstances.

Aside from being the party's designated healer/support role, Ricotta has the aforementioned ability to gain EX at a ridiculously fast rate thanks to her perversions, and as an additional bonus, all food items used by her apply to the entire party when she's in Extra Mode. Keep some of the 90% HP recovery dishes for full-party heals. Personal recommendation.

P.S.

Pandora Nemu is the hardest boss I've faced so far. I wonder if there's more to this version after the two-headed sand snake...?

Edit:

Just remembered to add this; the point where you can access the dreamworld should be around the kitsune town/tsuchigumo dungeon area or right after that, after getting explanation about Pandoras from the kitsune goddess(?).

Last edited:

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'd say twin spiders was by far the toughest fight for me (though, of course, Nemu has the highest stats as of the current update and is the 2nd-hardest boss). It's the first fight where I seriously struggled defeating the boss and had to use strategy & items to stay alive.

Nemu is actually a simple fight that's all about keeping Tyrol's health at 100%.
Equip the pandora items and raise Tyrol's defense as far as you can, because Pandora changes how the combat system works. Tinku takes the dps role and Tyrol copies Ricotta's perversion (lol) / support role. Tinku can transfer her health to Tyrol (and resurrects!), while Tyrol doubles Tinku's damage or uses items/abilities to heal / recover SP of Tinku. I liked to activate Tyrol's extra and nuke Nemu in phase 2.

As for your question of how far this update goes:
Story progress seems to end after you defeat the two-headed snake and before you meet the giant whale.

Cynthia sidequest seems to progress a bit after you defeat Nemu. IIRC you talk to Tinku and Anemone a few times and
a) unlock the pandora library. Here you can return to previous pandora worlds and learn about a new feature that's currently not implemented (I think Tyrol's past memories?)
b) get a request to call Cynthia's friend Claire. The quest takes place in Muramura Village, but to go there you need to find Claire's doll and the doll can't be found in this update

About your edit: Did you test that? I'm kinda curious whether the game allows you to enter Pandora pre-spiders, because that'd make the boss much easier. Pandora got added in this update, so it's meant to be entered after the spiders (possibly even after the two-headed snake).

Superadrian

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That tentacle boss is pretty damn fucking annoying with how it saps all your MP in one single turn.

EDIT: Yeah it's pretty much impossible for me, with no MP to heal and items that heal barely a third of what the tentacle hits, I don't know how I'm supposed to beat this thing. Doesn't help that I have to fight it all over again with that time consuming fight.

EDIT2: Well someone outside the tentacle cave just sold me a key that increased all my stats. Fun.

Last edited:

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm thinking of trying to make a partial for this, though my translation skills aren't the best. Is that something people might want to see? I can probably try to find out where important to translate menus are; which ones would be key to be translated?

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

IMO the game would become much easier to play if the party menu and equipment/skill/item descriptions get translated.